|
Author Topic:   New Clan War Rule
coaxs
posted June 28, 2004 09:27 PM            
In the future there needs to be at least 3 members from 3 clans in 2 of 3 games in order for a clan war to count. Otherwise its just pointless. We'll take this rule as is, unless there is decent in which case we'll take it to vote. Clans nned >=3 members to vote.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 28, 2004 10:29 PM            
Your reasoning is understandable. However, I would suggest a two clan minimum. As you should well know, it takes considerable work to "rally the troops" to a clan match. I put in that work starting nearly a week before the last game. It would have been awfully annoying to have been told that my efforts didn't count because another clan didn't put any effort in.

Then there's the effort required to simply show up. I'm sure I'm not the only west coaster who sees beautiful weather outside with hours yet before dark and would rather be doing something else besides pressing keys. Again, there would that effort put in by quite a few people that would be for nothing because of what another clan does.

Lessening the frequency of clan matches might help. Prior to the "new era", we had a match every 2.5 months on average. Now it's every month. The more common a thing is, the less value people are going to place on it.

But... as I stated above, your standard is certainly not without reason. If it must be so, I shall bow to the will of the benevolent autocrat.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 28, 2004 11:07 PM            
I see a (clan) war as requiring only two sides to make it a valid war unless you can show me an international rule which states than no one (persons, groups, or nations) can have a war without three sides participating. That kind of thing is as noted rather autocratic. I do not therefore believe that it should require three persons of three clans to make a clan war valid. Neither do I recall anything in the past which dictated such a case other than the limitation of numbers of persons that might attend due to greater numbers of persons previously showing up.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Irascible
posted June 29, 2004 01:50 AM            
Such formal speech Sailor. ;^) It should be noted that I did say "benevolent autocrat". I have nothing but love for the audacious alchemist. :^)

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 29, 2004 11:47 AM            
Doesn't seem to make sense if a ranked DDM required 8 players whereas a Clan War requires 2 sides of 3 people minimum. So technically a Clan War is a lesser event?!

IP:

pablito
posted June 29, 2004 12:21 PM            
geez, sometimes you guys try to take the whole fun of being loyal to the game... so if I wanted to play and no-one shows up from my clan I just can't play?
I know it was pretty shameful ending in second place with two players ) But I do log on for the fun of it and to see everyone... Any more rules/conflicts and I might have to get back to MS flight simulator )
By the way; who was #6?
If I only had 2 loyal players on my side mmuuahhh hahaha! I dream the other day about the CAT-clan
(Conquer And Terminate)
Any takers for the new order? lol

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 29, 2004 02:11 PM            
Noted - I did say "rather autocratic" not just autocratic. No disrespect meant. Just making a point.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

coaxs
posted June 29, 2004 02:50 PM            
A minimum of 2 sides of 3 it is? Anything less is rather stupid to be labeled a clan event. This requirement needs to be met for 2 of 3 games.

Should the clan war also have the limit of needing 8 players to be counted? It is the minimum requirement for a DDM.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 29, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 29, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted June 29, 2004 08:36 PM            
Nothing is stopping you from playing Pablito, no matter what the player count. This is only in regards to whether or not the game counts towards the ladder. As to the rules, there's probably way more than you know. I'm not worried though. Your flight sim threat has about as much real potential as a convention of FL allstars. ;^)

Total players is a different thing than counting how many from each clan. It's been my assumption that the 8 player minimum applied to clan matches.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited June 29, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted June 29, 2004 08:57 PM            
I checked the older posts and I never saw it explicitly said there eeds to be 8 plyers for a clan war. We'll make the rules for the DDM de facto for the Clan War it saves me headache. The only one off the top my head is the 8 player minimum.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 30, 2004 03:48 AM            
It seems reasonable to have an 8 player rule for clan battles as well as the DDM's but it shouldnt' matter how they are spread out among the clans.
And yes, it would be nice to know who #6 is, as I *thought* there was also a rule that all players had to be announced prior to the clan battle (ie be listed as a member on the clan webpage), therefore #6 needs to be "introduced" as a DNXer

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited June 30, 2004).]

IP:

pablito
posted June 30, 2004 02:27 PM            
#6 can also be announced as a CAT-
RAS you're too funny.. I went to the last FL-allstar convention.. they gave me an award for most underestimated player of the year but they have a monument of you that they praise after lunch, lol.
Well, rules & regulations is needed for a balanced society (including games)...
I do thank the ones that keep on posting new data for the benefit of all (mods,pics, ladders, etc..)
* In a good note: I put my pet's face on my flag

IP:

corpse
posted June 30, 2004 03:36 PM            
LMMFAO !

so who is #6 ?

sorry had to fix the #

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

[This message has been edited by corpse (edited June 30, 2004).]

IP:

corpse
posted June 30, 2004 03:38 PM            
I AM NOT A # I AM A FREE MAN !

Who said that ?

a hint its a singer

band and person please

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

[This message has been edited by corpse (edited June 30, 2004).]

IP:

posted June 30, 2004 03:42 PM            
OH oh...Ras is posting agian...LOL

IP:

Irascible
posted June 30, 2004 04:48 PM            
"OH oh" is right. 666 is still posting. :^P

IP:

synack
posted June 30, 2004 04:50 PM         
It was Patrick McGoohan from his cult TV series "The Prisoner".

Loved it!

IP:

Teulk
posted June 30, 2004 08:44 PM            
Silver Bullet Band
Seger, wasn't it??

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited June 30, 2004).]

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted July 02, 2004 07:11 PM            
The Prisoner is on BBC America now on Friday nights along with The Avengers and The Saint.

Signed,
The New Number 2

aka [BWL]mELONcRACKER

As far as the requirements for a legit game, I vote we make it a consistent 8 players for both DDM and Clan War.

[This message has been edited by mELON cRACKER (edited July 02, 2004).]

IP: