|
Author Topic:   a few things about TM
little dude
posted June 23, 2004 12:01 PM         
i have been fiddleing around with stuff, and i noticed that, the map dosent end, it just loops and loops if i keep going in 1 direction long enough, will i reach the course again?, will i loop around?

another thing, the CPU players, dont have flags, how can i change it so they do? dont you know, ChAnGE, IS the SPICE o LIFE!

thx

IP:

Rex R
posted June 23, 2004 12:25 PM            
about maps; er no, they just keep going. there have been times I would have liked them to.
Flags
think the ai does team flags but other wise no, thats a quick way to see if its a human or not.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 23, 2004 12:44 PM            
To infinity and beyond. :P

IP:

A2597
posted June 23, 2004 03:34 PM            
Terrain goes on forever, I checked.

Interesting thing though, if you get your tank moving fast enough, the terrain can't kep generating itself. you wind up flying in the skybox.
(You have to get near the speed of light before this happens, I think I was going about 1,000,000 MPH)

IP:

THETAXI
posted June 23, 2004 03:42 PM            
Tread Marks: Pod Racer Edition

IP:

little dude
posted June 23, 2004 05:41 PM         
how can you go 1000000 mph?!?! i deleted all the new tanks i dled when i noticed they all went 250 and that my fav tank only went 175.

flags.

i knew thats the only diffrence between human and bot, and i also knew the team flag thing, but when i "try" play on the net, theres not a single human on, which is why i was wanting the flags.

which brings me to ask, i "hypotheticaly" *Cough* change the tridot flag to my spray in DOD/NS (i go by a diffrent name now, InflatableBeerTent) and i want on the net, would ppl see the BeerTentia flag, or would they see 3 stupid dots on my flag?

IP:

THETAXI
posted June 23, 2004 05:59 PM            
there's PLENTY of humans online I am a human! I know there's others out there!! lol!!

Log into the LDA community server, that's where you find most people throughout the week. NO downloads necessary to play on the LDA server. Most people get online within 7 and 9PM eastern. There's a whole bunch of team events including a DeathMath Ladder, team ladders (clans), racing, capture the flag, modded event... etc. etc. We're out there. You just haven't looked in the right place.

IP:

little dude
posted June 23, 2004 07:05 PM         
yeah, played a few a few mins, gg taxi btw

IP:

A2597
posted June 23, 2004 11:15 PM            
I got bored and wanted to see if there was an end to the terrain. so I made a flat map, and modified a tank to have insane top speed (I think I had about 20 zeros after the 1...

and acceleration some insane number...then floored it. after I got up to some really high speed, the I passed the terrain draw barrier as I call it. but I never hit a wall...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 24, 2004 02:41 AM            
Little dude, in single player games, it is possible to edit the entity files to change how your tank/maps/weapons work. Go ahead and open an entity and see what it has listed in it. You can adjust things like acceleration and max speed.
Any changes you make won't work for multiplayer, however. Some find it helpful to have more than one install of TM on their computers. One to ditz with and one to play.
JVortex, RC, and a few others (sorry, I can't think up names atm) created a document called the EEK (entity entry key) which explains what a LOT of the entity commands do. You can do a google search for EEK, and it does show up, or go to www.hallsted.us and look at the treadmarks mods listed there. Its one of the downloads available. RC has it on his site as well, but I don't have that URL memorized, unlike the hallsted one. Its an interesting read, and helps a lot with possible modding.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 24, 2004 11:00 AM            
treadmarks.vorklift.com

Do I have the EEK? If I don't, someone send it to me

IP:

little dude
posted June 24, 2004 11:36 AM         
i know how to fiddle around with stuff, new things, in fact, i have made the moutain maker and pulse lazer, both weapons of mass destruction (Especally if the enemy is in your face) but these weapons (and all others i made) went beyond my control, as soon as an AI got the moutain maker, 8 players would die, including the user, pulse lazer, there, at least 3 ppl were out of the race. which is why i dont edit much.

btw, how can you make a map?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 24, 2004 12:01 PM            
1. I do not seem to have the EEK on my site. Could someone send me it? I am too lazy to go hunting for it. Thx.

2. Little Dude: For map making check out Dreamer's TMapper: http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=34&mid=332

If you need any help understanding it, ask the community.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 24, 2004 05:00 PM            
Thx King Tiger for sending me it - I will have it uploaded in the next couple days.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2004 09:31 PM            
RC: EEK is on the main page of www.coaxs.net

Sue: I also worked on the EEK, albeit not as much as others.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 24, 2004).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 26, 2004 02:29 AM            
You should all play with only increased top speed and do jousting. I swear, that's the FASTEST way to meet infinity! of course you have to mod the wep kick... but not much! Jousting RULZ

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 27, 2004 10:33 PM            
Yes. We need to joust. I wish I was on faster then modem. We might be soon. I can hope

IP:

Irascible
posted June 28, 2004 12:57 AM            
Little Buddy... err, Dude (hey, you might do the same if you grew up on Gilligan's Island):

If you don't mind, send your weapons my way: ras@coaxs.net
If they are SSO'able I may add them to the 85 weapons server, with your permission of course.

IP: