|
Author Topic:   Clan battle, Sunday, 27 June, 8PM Eastern...will need the clan flags
posted June 23, 2004 12:41 AM            
Get them here in the second post... /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004004.html

And I think it is RC turn to pick the maps if he would.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 23, 2004 12:45 PM            
Is there really enough interest at this point. Hardly anyone showed up at the last one.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

kv
posted June 23, 2004 04:29 PM            
no one showed up because of what happened last time.

When it was supposed to happen, the server was declared to be down when it was actually up. That caused the event to be rescheduled for the following week, which many were unable to attend.

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 23, 2004 05:02 PM            
Yup! I was there! WRONG server!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 24, 2004 02:43 AM            
Yes, reminder, HIDDEN SERVER. If you don't know the proper port and IP, contact someone within your clan for the instructions on how to connect. I generally turn on ICQ for a while before the clan battles to answer this on-going question, but I turn off ICQ when I enter battle. Since we are doing some construction around here, I can't be assured of having ICQ on, however, so if you have questions, ask EARLY!

IP:

posted June 24, 2004 02:46 AM            
we shall skip RC and let BWL select the maps...so Sailor or Ras or Melon chose away.

IP:

harmless
posted June 26, 2004 06:58 PM            
clan server is up and at the expected ip adddress and port number.

i did not make the last one ... my internet connection was down all day

but i'll be there tomorrow!! knocking on wood as we speak...

toodles,
harmless

IP:

harmless
posted June 28, 2004 12:00 AM            
pics for anyone who be curious...

june 27th 2004 clan war

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 28, 2004 12:28 AM            
Smell that? It's the sweet smell of victory. :P

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 28, 2004 10:28 AM            
is THAT what that putrid smell is??

In defense of 666, he had overheating problems. He has been putting off installing a new fan and finally got motivated to do it last night, after having his pc turn itself off in an attempt to keep from frying.

Screen shots when he crashed and before he reconnected, thus erasing his previous scores. Oh, LogScan, how this would have helped in the past.
shot one

shot 2

I played with the "dead on sights" name for a bit as we had been laying out concrete forms all weekend. It turns out, I have a very good eye for "eyeballing" what is strait, plumb, and aligned before verification with levels and plumbbobs.

Edited for links

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited June 28, 2004).]

IP:

pablito
posted June 28, 2004 07:16 PM            
FUN Clan Battle!...
well.. for the clans that were there

I think we did pretty good (#6 and me) {[except for the 3 times I fragged him!! (sorry again)]}

#6: announce yourself!! holla! habla espanol?

cool pics too.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 29, 2004 01:59 AM            
Number 6 does just fine all by herself. :^)

The Devil does come as an angel of light. It's too bad too.

IP:

pablito
posted June 29, 2004 12:04 PM            
If that pic is #6 then
me.close 2her.469 4dahole9t.
end
No really, who is #6? and what's his/her name?
Ras, where can i find frequent questions to start a clan? or the what are the requisites? if you know... now that you want to make it harder on lost battle tank souls like mine :|

------------------
I didn't do it!
Krusty the Clown.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 29, 2004 08:50 PM            
Matrix is the guy to ask about the official requirements of forming a clan.

If you'll indulge the unsolicited advice: In my opinion it's a bad move. There have been several attempts to start a clan in past years. The only relatively new one to survive any decent length of time is GA. And again, in my opinion, the only reason that one survived is because three core members happen to be family.

There just aren't enough players to support more clans. I suggest staying with DNX or joining BWL, GA or LWA. Given your established track record of good online character, even BWL would likely accept you.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 29, 2004 09:03 PM            
Here is a summary of "rules" for forming a clan, off the top of my head we've developed. I'll need to add them to my site.

A clan of any size is allowed to be fielded at a clan event. But clans need to have a minimum of 3 members to be eligible to vote for clan rules. New clan members should be announced somewhere on the forums, but this isn't followed as much these days.

A new clan in TM wouldn't survive long, there isn't enough fodder for the machine.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

pablito
posted June 30, 2004 02:50 PM            
Thank you both for responding...
It was just an idea and a dream...
I'm very surprised at the fact that BWL would consider me as a member... that has to be a priviledge...?
I just feel, since this is one of my best stress release therapy and I'm starting to get better that I should put the faith of my frags to a cause.....
As for the number of members... it wouldn't be a problem... 1 chain-e-mail advertisement to known people and relatives... but like Coax said.. the machine is not welcoming too many participants for lack of resources...

I'll just won't worry about it unless opportunities arise... TY again.

Get it while you can
Janis Joplin.

IP:

posted July 01, 2004 03:41 PM            
the pointed chin and dishoveled hair...hmmm...I don't think so...maybe something out of guild wars...or everquest would do...LOL

IP: