|
Author Topic:   Admin Deleting: Keep comments in this post
coaxs
posted June 08, 2004 06:23 PM            
The author is the owner of a thread. If the author asks an admin to delete posts so that a serious thread is kept on topic it is the author's perogrative. Deleting posts is only waranted when the author of the thread asks for it to be deleted or when you want a post you wrote deleted. The only other time an admin will intervene is when a post violates the contract you signed when you register with the bboard.

There is no need to discuss with the community why every non-relevant post in a serious thread was deleted. The thread only asked for nominations not debate(and especially not random babble), as such all irrelevant posts in the other thread will be deleted as well.

This is how admin duties have always been done, there is no need to bring this topic up again-and-again-and-again.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 08, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted June 08, 2004 06:27 PM            
I couldn't find the relevant threads that have covered this, but here is an example of some of the rules that have been posted at my site since summer 2002.
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/admin.html

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 08, 2004).]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 09, 2004 11:00 AM            
I cannot see any problem with telling people why a post has been deleted. Why i am made to feel like i am rockin the boat when i am not. It makes perfect sense to tell people why a post has been deleted.

IP:

corpse
posted June 09, 2004 04:23 PM            
coaxs
you suck

LOL

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 10, 2004 01:30 PM            
I get it, post your thought`s on deleting post here but if your looking for some sort of reply from admin it aint gonna happen.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 10, 2004 01:34 PM            
quote:
I get it, post your thought`s on deleting post here but if your looking for some sort of reply from admin it aint gonna happen.

You did post that question in 2 threads, I answered it in the other one.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 10, 2004 07:11 PM            
since we are talking about admins... could they, say..... pick a random moment to switch everyone's posting name, so that when you posted, you don't know who you'll be displayed as? I'd like that every now and then.

Ok... that was the weirdest whim I have had in a while....

wait, I've had worse... like when I thought I could go into the future by making the stick in my van go between neutral and park. Yes... it's dudy physics time, kids.

I don't want this deleted, but if you could remove this line and change the poster for this from dudymas to Killer, that'd be funny. (oh no, here I go again!)

IP:

coaxs
posted June 11, 2004 03:02 AM            
Unfortunately I can't. The LDA forum software is very old in comparison with what you can do now.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

pablito
posted June 14, 2004 01:54 PM            
Dudy... LMAO.. i read your physics trial to travel the future...
*It didn't work on my car.. my car doesn't work anymore either.. Where do I send the bill for the new transmittion?

IP:

little dude
posted June 24, 2004 08:01 PM         
"Unfortunately I can't. The LDA forum software is very old in comparison with what you can do now."

upgrade the forums, with some work you can do it. the clanraf forums are prolly the most up to date, but my former clan mates are a tad on the messed up side, if you want anything ask Al Capone

god that was dum, didnt post URL, the site is at www.clanraf.net, maybe you can get jimmy to learn a few things about phbb2

[This message has been edited by little dude (edited June 24, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2004 09:28 PM            
I'm fluent enough in php based forum design. It's the game developers who own the board that need to manually change/upgrade their software.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 28, 2004 02:31 PM            
uuh huh... but I'm sure that your evil coaxials would infect us all! Grah! *draws wire snippers* I will have at thee if you darest draw closer!

Pablito: Yeah, I laughed really hard when it happened too, but I got upset later because I couldn't explain it to the people I was living with... theoretical physics doesn't translate into Spanish with just the dictionary I had available..... especially for hispanics who aren't interested in science. Now let's try to put this in another forum topic before we draw this whole thing into a huge tangent... k?

IP:

coaxs
posted June 28, 2004 03:00 PM            
Well, this hispanic likes science.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 28, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted June 28, 2004 03:29 PM            
Trying turn turn lead into gold doesn't count as science Coax. ;^)

IP: