This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

|
Author Topic:   New forum Admin
coaxs
posted June 04, 2004 11:45 PM            
Perhaps it is time to select a new admin for the board until Supe stays back permanently. I would suggest kv since he was third in the origonal election /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002339.html
. And it should probably go to the runner up if he wants it?

The option of doing the whole nominating/then electing is on the table too this other option would just save me some time and headache.

All off topic posts will be deleted. Your only suppose to nominate in this thread.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 08, 2004).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 05, 2004 07:08 AM            
Yeah I think we should be completely serious towards the aim of the thread here.

Well seeing as my first choice has politely declined his involvment in running for admin, my next choice would be RC. The guy's been here for a while and now helping us out a hell of a lot in Killer's absence ( ).

IP:

A2597
posted June 05, 2004 09:59 AM            
I second RC, he was an admin before, he knows his stuff, and has been proven trustworthy.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

KONG
posted June 05, 2004 11:10 AM            
how about CyberCannon?

IP:

posted June 06, 2004 02:45 AM            
I second Cybercannon.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 06, 2004 03:01 AM            
We'll let the nomination process last 5 days, I don't think anyone is in a rush to get this done. So far the list is

kv
Random Caos
CyberCannon

Note: The off topic posts have been deleted since they were read by the interested parties.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 06, 2004 04:53 AM            
I'd be happy with any of the above listed members.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 06, 2004 06:45 PM            
I attack A2597 since I can.

Am I really here enough anymore?

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited June 06, 2004).]

IP:

synack
posted June 06, 2004 07:24 PM         
Ich denke nicht.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted June 06, 2004 07:54 PM            
RC I think that would be a question you have to decide on your own.

I suspect that these will be deleted as well, though I am not sure they are really off topic. In the strictest sense they might be off topic, so I can see that side except RCs is in my opinion on Topic. Just so long as the ones responded too have a chance to read it.
------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited June 06, 2004).]

IP:

synack
posted June 06, 2004 08:52 PM         
NOTHING should be deleted, unless it's obscene.

Admins have gone too far, in my opinion, in deleting posts.

If a post is off-topic, say so and perhaps move it to a diffent BBS category, and say that you've done so.

Admins simply deleting posts for their own reasons is wrong, and oversteps their authority.

For example, there was NO valid reason to delete corpse's posts. NONE.

Someone overstepped their authority there.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 06, 2004 11:24 PM            
Traditionally. The authority to delete posts has lied with the author of the thread. If the author asks an admin for the off topic posts to be deleted they have been deleted in the past. The author owns the thread and the direction it should take. The admins act as the delete button for the authors or as a filter for vulgarity. It has been like this, since I can remember, and I see no reason to deviate from this long standing policy.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 06, 2004).]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 08, 2004 01:16 PM            
Until recently that is Coax. Perhaps we need a ruling that says if sombody asks as to why a post has been deleted it should be explained so as not to cause the problem`s we had.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 08, 2004 01:29 PM            
I agree. All deleted posts should have an explanation, unless it is a deletion of spam posting. All moderator edited posts should have a disclaimer saying "this is why I edited it."

--RC

IP:

corpse
posted June 08, 2004 03:36 PM            
thank you synack

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

IP:

coaxs
posted June 08, 2004 04:49 PM            
quote:
Until recently that is Coax. Perhaps we need a ruling that says if sombody asks as to why a post has been deleted it should be explained so as not to cause the problem`s we had.

It was explained why the posts were deleted. I had warned all off topic posts would be deleted. I even waited to delete them until I saw that Corpse had written more off topic posts. Again, all these off topic posts will be deleted as well.

As a standing rule, I always say when I edit or delete posts. As to what other Admins do, address it to them.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 08, 2004 05:41 PM            
Other admin at the mo Coax. Do you actually debate with each other as to what a coarse of action should be ? I do not refer to corpses post but the one deleted previous, if it had been discussed with the community at large i do not think you would have had a problem.

IP:

corpse
posted June 08, 2004 06:14 PM            
1st of all my post was not off topic

i was nominating Guido was forum Admin.

my 2nd post was LOL at what someone said.

------------------

LMMFAO!

IP:

synack
posted June 08, 2004 08:04 PM         
np, corpse. I'm just waving my anti-censorship flag. Maybe too much.

Coaxs is trying to keep a cool head through this, and I appreciate his patience. (tx, dude.)

I think the Marm-post-delete issue is what has me stirred up the most. But I've already stated that I'm dropping it and letting LDA Jim address it in his own way.

Dudy, I need a cookie dough fix. You holdin', man? Far out! [drifts off into colorful memories of a mis-spent youth]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 09, 2004 01:48 AM            
I cannot see any problem with telling people why a post has been deleted. Why i am made to feel like i am rockin the boat when i am not. It makes perfect sense to tell people why a post has been deleted.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 09, 2004 11:02 AM            
sry about the last posts Coax i never read the thread about deleting posts, you can delete mine here that are not relavent to this thread if ya like.

IP:

corpse
posted June 09, 2004 11:56 AM            
Bonzo
he will ! LOL

they are getting a little to DELETE HAPPY
around here .

------------------

LMMFAO!

IP:

coaxs
posted June 09, 2004 02:07 PM            
Bonzo: You do realize Corpse post said "LOL" and I did say all off topic posts would be deleted. I guess I could of said Corpse's spam post in my serious thread were deleted, but I fear that'll only encourage more spam. A fair warning saying all off-topic non nominating posts will be deleted should suffice. Also, people shouldn't of been using a serious thread to post little irrelevant comments in the first place. Go make an other thread somewhere and say "LOL" and "Hail Guido", but not in this one.

Corpse: Guido can't be an admin since he has been banned from the forums.

Please move all comments to the other thread I have set up. I will delete that persons off-topic posts here when I see that individual has a new post in the other thread.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

corpse
posted June 09, 2004 04:13 PM            
as i said befor HAHA !

DELETE THIS !
SO BITE ME !

------------------

LMMFAO!

IP: