|
Author Topic:   LDA Jim, Help please.
synack
posted May 30, 2004 08:21 PM         
Jim,

Someone deleted three of Marmalizer's posts out of the thread titled, "Thank You". A number of us feel that the action taken was not consistent with BBS policy.

I doubt LDA deleted the posts, which leaves our local admins.

We'd like to know who is responsible.

Coaxs has denied involvement.

We've put out a request for comment to Superunknown and Sailor. Neither has replied.

We need to know who did it, and why.

Can you please check your logs and see if they can shed light on this subject?

IP:

synack
posted June 03, 2004 08:05 PM         
bump

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 04, 2004 01:17 PM            
First, it’s a bit hard to track down, as the text log since March is 100megs and the actual delete command isn’t logged…but that said; we can probably piece it together.

In general, as the forum is private, we retain the right to delete any post that seems wildly off topic, or excessively offensive, etc., etc. I think most of you have a general understanding of what LDA stands for: having fun while maintaining a reasonably family friendly image.

Thus, it’s a bit hard to define what we’d consider to be an offending post, from the obvious external, (drop-in ad campaign) or single post, hateful attack on the community to excessive internal squabbling that can go far beyond the polite disagreements over what works best, and when, etc....

The administrators help LDA by picking up on the extremes and saving us the embarrassment of having something linger for too long before we notice it and delete it ourselves. And for that, we are grateful for the service that the administrators provide, and for this reason alone; feel that we should cut them a fair amount of slack.

In the past I have deleted posts that on second thought, I think I should have left alone, and I expect the other administrators have run into situations where they hit the delete button (there is no undelete) and then say “oops”...”did I just launch that ICBM or is that just an earth tremor?”

That said, as needed, I’ll contact the admin privately to discuss the difficult issue of where to draw the line, with considerable understanding and appreciation.

Meanwhile, back to the carnage...and thank you all for supporting Tread Marks and LDA.

Jim

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 04, 2004 02:09 PM            
I have read the post and although i think some may not like it, it did not need to be deleted. Sometimes happens that admin can delete a post and perhars apolagise but all we are met with is a wall of silence,and know i believe a whispering campayn via email and icq. If a post is that bad the offender should be warned or banned for it and not spoken about in private.

IP:

synack
posted June 04, 2004 07:46 PM         
Jim,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I'm displeased that this has occurred, and would have preferred that the guilty party admitted to it so we could move on.

That being said, personally, I'll leave it to you for follow through, and I'll not post about anymore.

regards

[This message has been edited by synack (edited June 04, 2004).]

IP: