|
Author Topic:   I am EXTREAMLY P.O.
TBIKingTiger23
posted May 17, 2004 11:16 PM            
No one can imagin how angry i am am un less you too have lost all of you 3d models and 2d grafics,o' and any ent files for a new mod pack. GRRRRRR. I am very very angry at my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now i have to start all the way back at squar one. Having to start all over again is fine because it lets me get mor practice but the fact taht i lost all of my work just a few days befor i was going to be finnished, is sominthg that im still mad about, and all this happend 1 weeks ago.

The only good news that i have is that im still playing TM but not online and taht i have about 10% of what i origanally made back. I dont think its going to be a mod pack any more, just a handfull of weapons and tanks. just a handfull.

------------------
Um? Well if I could think of one id put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 17, 2004 11:17 PM            
Heyyyyyyyy wlecome to the club

Now go install Roxio GoBack 3 I learned my lesson the hard way too.

IP:

posted May 17, 2004 11:50 PM            
hey...I am sorry to hear that. You may want to have a smaller harddrive just for a backup of the important C-drive files and if possible an image of the C drive. One time Susan's C drive died. We reformated and put the image back on and the backed up files. She was up in an hour....something to think about. I fear the C drive crashing then any virus on the internet.

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 18, 2004 01:13 AM            
dude. I was so running in here thinking that you were wasting bbs space because I thought you were saying," I am extremely po'." as in shorthand slang for poor. LOL, was gonna say that we were all sort of poor. But then again, I'm sure that probably /2ix is rich because he bought out all those people that go to his bbs now. For some reason I feel like someone is point at me... saying something that sounds a lot like hippo and ummm, maybe critter?

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted May 18, 2004 01:19 AM            
lol... yeah thanks.. im actually in the prosses of getting my self an Iriver H140. I listen to a TON of music, and make music my self, so also having the mp3 player part to listen to my music is what its ment for, but i can alos use it as a back up hard drive... and its portible. in the meen time ill look into Roxio GoBack 3. thxs again.

------------------

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

A2597
posted May 18, 2004 08:09 AM            
join the club, we've all been there.

tis what CD's are for.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 18, 2004 07:38 PM            
dude, you ever play wid FL Studio. I know it sounds cheezy to some, but dang is it fun for making quick music loops. Ahhhh. Must... make.... DnB Moog track..... now..... arrrrrgh.

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 18, 2004 07:39 PM            
dude... I just began the umteenth post with 'dude'

LoL

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 19, 2004 04:32 AM            
I still have a bunch of yer earlier stuff...let me know if you want them!

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted May 19, 2004 09:39 PM            
yeah, thxs for the ofer bam but all the stuff i lost were things tahts i had made with in 4 months. and no i have not ever used FL Studio, but ill look in to it aswell.

------------------

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 19, 2004 10:46 PM            
FL Studio

enjoy. The demo itself is surprisingly functional, the only limit being that it doesn't save project files, but it will export mp3's and stuff in as high a quality as your computer could muster.

IP:

THETAXI
posted June 09, 2004 11:11 AM            
I love this thread...

Well, here's a story to lighten up the mood... I recently moved, and along came my computer. New place, new things... soo, why not? New CPU. I had an Athlon 1600+ and thought it was time to upgrade a tiny bit. So I bought a 2600+ CPU on Ebay, and professionally installed it on my PC. I was bragging to my friend on how I learned to do all this stuff and how intelligent I was for having the knowhow. THEN I turned the power on, and that is when it happened... my motherboard caught on fire. LOL. Smoke came out of the case with a smell of burning rubber.

The CPU was too strong for my MB.

Well, I was in mourning all night long, thinking I had to spend several hundreds buying a new computer. But then it occured to me... why don't I simply build my own? So I bought a better MB, a new case, poweresupply, and threw it all together. I spent an entire day figuring out where the cables went and all, just like a jigsaw puzzle, and tadaaaa; I have a new computer!

Then the installation came. I installed windows on a spare Hard Drive I had laying around, and tried to save the "my documents" folder where I had my pictures and phone #'s and all... but it was not accessible. After again mourning the loss of my pictures and fearing the wrath of my girlfriend (who still doesn't know I deleted ALL OF HER PICTURES), I formated the HD and re-installed windows. Now I'm happy with the Monster that I have built -->1.256 GB of ram (yes.. GIGA), 240 GB Hard Drive, video card, etc...<-- but I'm scaaaaaaaared about what my Girlfriend is going to do to me when she finds out...

Anyways... I'M BACK!! I'll be seeing you guys on the field.

------------------
For FUN?! This is RANKED!! For GLORY!!!!!

[This message has been edited by THETAXI (edited June 09, 2004).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 09, 2004 12:14 PM            
silly nooner.

You should have logged in as the administrator, then you could have accessed those file.

=or=

Use the migration tool to move them.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 09, 2004).]

IP:

THETAXI
posted June 09, 2004 12:33 PM            
i did i did! I did log on as the administrator. I'm the only user! I bet there's a million ways to go around it but I didn't know how Besides I had my computer torn into parts and the internet cable guy was coming today in the morning. I just got frustrated. Well, it's too late to turn back now anyways lol!

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 10, 2004 04:46 PM            
In my experience, I just bought two hard drives, installed nix on one and windowz on other, making nix one bigger. Use a good journaling filesystem (sorry, but ntfs bows to XFS, JFS, and reiser in concert with linux) with a good distro of linux. Dual boot, keep your drive MBR's and Partition tables and other stuff on a disk with linux. That almost always is unbeatable short of truly destroying your drives. Then, you back up super special stuff on CD, although now most people rate CD's at lasting around 10 years for sure, and thereafter it's only a matter of time. It's expected DVD's have longer shelf lives, but I dunno bout it. Anyone try gentoo linux recently? It KICKS butt! That's why I've been gone so much. Getting python stuff on linux. OH! and blender has a new gui builder so you people can start making blender plugins really easy. Sorry SORRY! Off-topic a bit..... oh and always make sure you back up your pies so you can always 0v\/n5z RC:
---------=============[}~

}8)

IP:

little dude
posted June 25, 2004 06:42 PM         
2 applications should prevent anything digitaly bad from happening to your computer, these are norton internet security (firewall and virus) and adaware 7 get them. as for your harddrive exploding, tell what you did with your comp, did you blow out your comp within the last 5 months?(get rid of dust?)

i mean, if you defragment, scan for viruses, and adware, keep a firewall, and remove dust regurlary you shouldent need a second HD, or this roxo thing i see up there.

the only time where we had a crises like this was back with the 386, and that was a antiEXE virus that came with simcity1... i kinda liked excalabur...

[This message has been edited by little dude (edited June 25, 2004).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 26, 2004 02:38 AM            
interesting options... I think if you're a do-it-yourselfer like I'd be if I wasn't so lazy, you might be able to reduce the list of things you need to buy/download with a few perl/tcl/py/bat scripting routines. Good lord I'm a worthless programming slob to mention this... why am I compelled to post what no one would ever care to do...... why oh why! Tell me, GA, WHY! (GA never could bring himself to code, which is hard for me to imagine... he MUST know).
[/stupid_logic]

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted June 26, 2004 02:44 AM            
Yes, i have all that stuff buttttt..... the hacker pasyt my firewall easdy and took down Norton Anti Virus.........so i got angree and then my computer spazed and thats when i losst the files..........bu i have replaced most of them now...... but i dont have the energy or time to finish my mod.....

------------------
Um? Well, if I could think of a sig one I'd put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)
Proud Player of Tread Marks

IP:

VorDesigns
posted June 28, 2004 01:39 AM            
Hi,

First, no single solution is perfect, but may I offer the following;
- Desktop BlackIce Defender - Clunky to configure, but with patience you can reject who you want, when you want and ignore those that need it.
- Desktop Panda Anti-Virus - Having just cleaned out twenty-four system all running NAV Corporate Edition, I rest my case and I will never buy McA-FEES again.
- Network - If you have budget big, Cisco PIX with support, if you have budget medium, SonicWall, if you have budget unfortunate, search this list and get what you can afford in the 'Netgear Class' http://www.icsalabs.com/html/communities/firewalls/newsite/cert2.shtml
Ad-Aware is a good start, but you should also run something like SpyBot (low budget) or PestPatrol.
I real good practice is to change to a stricter browser (see not IE). This will at least stop the ubiquitous ActiveX controls from autoloading.
Yes, I did suggest running two firewalls, one hardware at the door and one software at the Desktop. It has saved me on several occasions by limiting damage to first infected and connected resources only rather than all screwed.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 28, 2004 02:36 PM            
Get someone to buy your computer and router for u.
Laugh.
Post how much you think that this topic is about how king tiger needs money/is poor.

These are the steps to dudidom...

IP: