|
Author Topic:   Ranked DDM, Sunday, 16th May...8PM Eastern time.
posted May 14, 2004 04:58 PM            
Since there was no ranked DDM last Sunday, it will be this Sunday. Hope to see you there...if you all aren't play Guild Wars...LOL

------------------
Ifrit CTF…every Tuesday, 8 PM Pacific…starting in April
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 14, 2004 05:32 PM            
?Not sure if I'll be able to make this one without forfeit of much needed hours of sleep!

IP:

coaxs
posted May 14, 2004 06:24 PM            
An other ranked sunday? Okay, it just means more wins for me. :P

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted May 15, 2004 04:01 PM            
Coax, you being the one for sticking to the rules, last Sunday could not have been ranked because there were teams on the LDA server.

Thus this Sunday will be the ranked one.

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted May 15, 2004 04:26 PM            
hmm, another "community" decision

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 15, 2004 06:05 PM            
haha! Well I saw a ranked server up on Sunday, wondered why noone was there, then a bunch of people (6 maximum) joined but not enough for an event. Then I went to LDA and there were tons of people on. I inquired nd it was decided (even Queen said when I contacted her on ICQ that it would be Coax's final decision if it was ranked or not) by Coax to be ranked.

For other reasons, I had to leave! lol

IP:

harmless
posted May 16, 2004 10:43 PM            
666 sent me the screenshots
these are for today's ddm

May 16th 2004 ranked DDM

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

posted May 16, 2004 11:03 PM            
Well, from Coax post, I dont think he minded. It was an excellent turnout.

Coax...start a posting.

------------------

IP:

yugo2
posted May 16, 2004 11:32 PM         

That was fun fellas. Woke up from a nap and missed the first two. But the last was fun. Great way to wake up. Looking forward to the next.

BTW, what is the typical schedule? Unfortunately these days, events need to get into the PDA or else. (noticed nerd factor rating just jumped up a notch- my apologies).

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 16, 2004 11:46 PM            
Posted May 10TH BY 666
quote:
What we can do is hold the ranked DDM this next Sunday instead of the fun DDM. Let me know what you all think.

in this thread: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004039.html

Some discussion occurred as to whether or not the previous DDM could count as a ranked one. The Ranked DDM's are Coaxs ladder, thus I deferred any questions I got regarding whether it was ranked OR NOT, to Coax.

When 666 posted that May 16th would be ranked, I have no clue if he spoke with Coaxs or not. Perhaps what he should have said was the ranked DDM set up would be up, but the final decision as to whether or not it is ranked IS Coax's decision, NOT a community decision, nor is anyone required to comment on it.

As for this comment:

quote:
hmm, another "community" decision
Kong, you had 6 days to comment IN ADVANCE, rather than make a snide comment after the fact. Could you can the snide comments for a while and actually make constructive comments first?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 16, 2004 11:53 PM            
As for "community decisions" let me state in advance that all decisions are based on 1) what allows TM players to play in events that are well attended *as well as TM events CAN be attended, 2) that the events are ones that have had attempted discussion, 3) are ones that are done with the intent to BENEFIT the community. If you don't like the decisions, talk to one of us about them. If you don't like the decisions, don't play on the LDA "community servers", it's that simple. The endless griping on a this subject is definitely pushing me from wanting to attend these events myself.

IP:

KONG
posted May 17, 2004 12:52 AM            
what a bunch of hooey that was

IP:

KONG
posted May 17, 2004 12:59 AM            
So what you are saying is that we really have no say in any of it?

You guys make the decisions for the "community" and if we don't like it we should just not say anything or stay off of your server?

thats what your post sounded like to me. So I suppose the next step will be to kick me off the board too for disagreeing with you.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 17, 2004 09:53 AM            
quote:
You guys make the decisions for the "community" and if we don't like it we should just not say anything or stay off of your server?

That is NOT what I was saying.
What I said was that there IS plenty of opportunity to make comments before an event. I posted the link where the comments were requested. IF no comments are forthcoming (and there were a few comments on having a second ranked DDM, which I deferred to Coaxs, who is in charge of the ranked DDM ladder), then decisions are made that are hopefully made with goal of having fun events.
It is only the snide comments AFTERWARDS that aren't appreciated.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 17, 2004 01:18 PM            
My Thoughts removed by request; and by request I comply.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited May 17, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 17, 2004 01:27 PM            
My Thoughts removed by request; and by request I comply.

IP:

posted May 17, 2004 07:22 PM            
Yo Matrix, I was surprise on the number of new persons attending the ranked DDM. It still has life and fun to be had. I am going to continue.

Kong, we do the best we can. There were few comments, so I did the best decision that I thought, nothing more then that. Sorry if you disagree with that.

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted May 17, 2004 08:21 PM            
Whatever

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 17, 2004 08:41 PM            
I tried to make it after I finished my 'where' post... but I found no one on. So I didn't log onto the server, but played LDA instead cause there were four or so peeps there. I expected anyone else who was interested in Ranked would log on there. When does the Ranked DDM end so I won't let it happen again?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 17, 2004 11:22 PM            
Ive been asked not to comment on this further, so this isnt a comment, just thought id point that out Apparently i dont have a free voice either anymore.

Ciao all, you can visit me sometime at the DMF.

IP:

posted May 17, 2004 11:37 PM            
Yes...we be one big family...LOL

IP:

coaxs
posted May 18, 2004 10:51 PM            
Well, I can make life simple for everyone. The card I wrote down all the winners on from 2 weeks ago went missing. No one yell at me, I had 2 first place finishes in it, so it hurts me more than anyone else. I guess we'll just use lst weeks, so we'll have something to post for the ladder for that month.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted May 19, 2004 12:25 AM            
thx Coax for doing that...

------------------

IP:

coaxs
posted May 20, 2004 03:54 PM            
Max moves into 7th place on the ladder. And GA overtakes DOG on clan performance. Results are here: http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 21, 2004 12:51 AM            
Congrats Max!

IP: