|
Author Topic:   HQ Pack 2.0...now needing feedback...
A2597
posted May 04, 2004 03:43 PM            
OK, I'm re-doing some stuff for the HQ Pack, most of whats planned I'm keeping secret, so it'll be a surprise when you get to play with it.

however some other things I would like some feedback on...

first off... The tank gibs. Do you like them? Keep them, change them, lose them? I WANTED tank specific, but that isn't possible, so...oh well..

ok....I guess thats my only real question, any suggestions? Post some effects you want to see, changes you would like, etc. Bare in mind that the ONLY thing I want to change is VISUAL stuff, no real modifications to gameplay. (Last time all I did was fix the ramdrill and add tank gibs, and I'm not 100% on the gibs)

So...let me have it!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 04, 2004 04:03 PM            
I think its perfect as it is ! The gibs are ACe the flames are ace, the smoke is ace, the sky's are ace - its all ACE !

The only gripe i do have is how dull some of the stock weapons look - maybe they could do with a makeover (projectiles btw not the bolt ons)...

IP:

A2597
posted May 04, 2004 05:52 PM            
heh...there are some things that are just NOT "ace". The flamer is good...the pea shooter is good, but some of the others? Nah...not there yet.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 05, 2004 12:08 AM            
what exactly is a gib?

IP:

A2597
posted May 05, 2004 08:20 AM            
in this case, it's a piece of a tank that goes flying and sits on the ground after you blow up a tank.

you mean you haven't tried my HQ Pack?? Shame shame...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 05, 2004 03:12 PM            
Actually, I got it as soon as I reinstalled TM after replacing my fried HD. And those peices of tank are one of my favorite parts. I would have more input here except that since I installed the mod without first playing stock, I have nothing to compare it with, and therefore can't even see some of the things that have been modded.

IP:

cirrus
posted May 05, 2004 05:15 PM         

[This message has been edited by cirrus (edited May 05, 2004).]

IP:

Teulk
posted May 05, 2004 05:17 PM            
I think I have tried it, but my pc fried a couple of months ago, and that may have gone with it...what, perchance, are the chances of getting it from you...ffresh, so to speak??

IP:

A2597
posted May 05, 2004 07:45 PM            
Actually, I never took the link down. So the old pack is still right here: http://www.b5-blender.com/temp/TreadMarksHQ.exe

hmm...
Hey LDA, if you release a patch enabeling tank specific explos, I'll make em all for ya!

------------------

IP:

Teulk
posted May 05, 2004 07:55 PM            
Shanks!!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 05, 2004 10:50 PM            
I put some thought into it:

Any way of making a more realistic tank explosion than just the simple blue shere? maybe even attaching some damage to that explosion or making the flying shrapnel damaging? or would that be too much gameplay modification?

What about moving treads? or changes to the tank model deformation? maybe not so much psychedellic warping and more texture modification (but not No warping of course ) weapon specific damage to tanks?

Were the terrain texture resolutions boosted? I think that alone would probably make the biggest difference of all.

IP:

A2597
posted May 06, 2004 12:17 AM            
I can boost the terrain detail...and I did change the tank explo last time...and yes, it hurt.

changing the deform mesh...can't be done ent side. same for moving treads...thats in LDA's hands.

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 06, 2004 03:19 PM            
Last time?

IP:

A2597
posted May 06, 2004 06:07 PM            
yea...in the last HQ pack the tank explo is entirely different....fireball, shrapnel, etc.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 06, 2004 06:28 PM            
Why'd you take it out?

can I get a copy of it to see the different explosion?

IP:

A2597
posted May 06, 2004 09:14 PM            
umm...I didn't...yes, the blue sphere is still there, but you SHOULD still have a big explosion and tank gibs flying....

------------------

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted May 07, 2004 01:45 PM            
good job .

man thats great .

------------------
www.gbv.com

ifrit CTF...every Tuesday, 11 PM Eastern
8 PM Pacific
stock CTF...every Wensday, 11 PM Eastern
8 PM Pacific
Come and bring your guns.

[This message has been edited by -Guided by Voices- (edited May 07, 2004).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 07, 2004 05:48 PM            
I see it now. I had been playing multiplayer. some of the things are supposed to revert back to their origonal forms for multiplayer right?

What about something a little more fancy for the projectile/beam/thing for the mass driver?

IP:

A2597
posted May 08, 2004 01:20 PM            
hmm....didn't think to change the mass driver. I'll look into it. Though I do kinda like it's effect now.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 08, 2004 02:32 PM            
heh, my mass driver has been flying the finger for 4 years lol .... lots of fun to slam that to some1 lol ...

IP: