|
Author Topic:   St george`s day
Bonzo Dog
posted April 23, 2004 11:36 AM            
In case you Americans aint quite up on ya history,today is saint Georges day and we celibrate all things English.....most of em anyway.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted April 23, 2004 05:27 PM            
Scottish RULES! :P

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted April 23, 2004 06:08 PM            
och i the nuw, or wite mate.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 23, 2004 06:38 PM            
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

er...the Saint...
errr..

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 23, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 23, 2004 11:05 PM            
This dragon got his virgin - Yummy

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted April 24, 2004 04:20 AM            
'I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot,
Follow your spirit, and, upon this charge
Cry God for Harry, England and St George !

Who the hell is harry any how ?
Tally ho.

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 29, 2004 09:41 PM            
What? Virgins? Ewwww, don't be eating that junk food. Go eat your yams Rix, before you die of a heart attack or some other Cholesterol related disease... although I really wonder if there ever were dragons that had indigestion/lactose intolerance/diabetes issues with women. Darn, it's great to get inspiration for another bad essay from here. Since I'm exempting my finals, I think I'll do an essay on how death toles went up in Europe from people thinking women would make you strong and even help you breath fire. Yes, that's a great one. Well, glad this could be productive. Would an admin please sack everyone except m....

We apologize for this poor post and wish to inform you that the fools who got carried away have been sacked.

But sacking would be another great subject for an essay. Just think of how many teachers today don't instill the grand creative ideas of a Europe that was medically aware of such terrible diseases that eating women might ca.....

We are terribly sorry once again and wish to inform you that those who sacked those who were sacked have also been sacked. We will now continue with the post.

But honestly, if you gave any student a sheet of paper and asked them about what would be their inspiration, nothing would really come out. They probably have no inspiration at all. That's why we have to let people come up with stupid impossible essays about the past that ridicule women. It's too inspirat....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 29, 2004 11:14 PM            
yams ?

IP:

John B.
posted April 30, 2004 10:23 AM         
Yams
Several species of yams are grown in the tropics and subtropics. Some, which will not be discussed here, are grown only for medicinal purposes. Of the edible species, Dioscorea alata L., known as the Greater Yam, D. cayenensis Lam., the Yellow Yam, and D. rotundata Poir., the White Yam, are the most common. D. alata originated in S.E. Asia and the latter two are native to Africa. All are herbaceous vines which must be trellised for maximum yield. Yams are grown as annuals at planting densities of 10,000 plants/ha and produce a tuber which is harvested to 12 months after planting. Tuber flesh varies from white to yellow and is from 15 to 40% starch. Tubers have a distinct dormancy period, which can be extended with curing and the application of gibberellic acid. This makes yams ideal for long distance shipment and export. Alternatively, this causes large fluctuations in availability of fresh yams, since the crop is not planted until the dormancy period, which coincides with the dry season, has ended. Once sprouting begins, tuber quality decreases rapidly Thus, good quality yams are in short supply until the next harvest begins. Types have been selected to produce "out of season" crops and may have potential for alleviating these problems.

Propagules are portions of the tuber, with larger propagules producing larger tubers at harvest. None of the cultural practice operations are mechanized. However, potato equipment could readily be adapted for yam culture, especially if types are selected which require no trellising. Because of the expense of trellising, there is no commercial yam production in the U.S.

Yams are usually baked or boiled and mashed. Unless the production expenses are reduced, little potential exists for commercial processing of yams into items like potato chips or french fries.

IP:

synack
posted April 30, 2004 03:08 PM         
We just call 'em sweet potatoes. They're great mashed.

They're a must-have at our Thanksgiving Day dinner table.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 01, 2004 10:50 PM            
Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: