This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Brain Surgery
wolfman
posted March 22, 2004 05:35 PM            
Kindly request that one and all pray for me and mine - wife, son, and the rest of the family - go in tomorrow for brain surgery. Should be in and out and back home by mid to late Wednesday if all goes well. Request to moderators to kindly leave these here for a few days so it gets the most exposure.
Thanks
John

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted March 22, 2004 06:24 PM            
you can count on me . bless you wolfdaddy . hope the surg gos well . will they let you take your pc to the hos ? you got a lap top ? better up those skills cause i cant wait to frag ya . get well soon . GBV

IP:

Teulk
posted March 22, 2004 07:15 PM            
Prayers and thoughts are yours...hope to hear back from you soon--and in excellent health..

IP:

coaxs
posted March 22, 2004 07:23 PM            
Get healthy quickly, and I'll see you on the servers soon.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted March 22, 2004 08:48 PM            
They, my prayers, are yours anytime you want them, all you need to do is ask. Heck, all you really need to do is let me know there is a problem. I have never been shy about praying for any problem I know about, even if I don't always know the Particulars.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 22, 2004 09:19 PM            
Im athiest so i cant prey, but good thoughts and warm wishes are for you and yours from me and mine. Good luck with the op, see you soon.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 22, 2004 10:44 PM            
Me and my families prayers go out to you. Be well.

IP:

posted March 22, 2004 10:50 PM            
you are in our thoughts...good luck

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited March 22, 2004).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 23, 2004 12:31 AM            
Wolfman/John
I hope you know that so many of us are pulling for you. I only wish I could be there, taking care of you. Unfortunately, I don't think you meet the weight requirement for my unit . Once 5 pounds is hit, it's home time!
The very best to you. I have faith that all will go well.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 23, 2004 03:12 AM            
My thoughts are with you Wolf (Our now resident 'WM' ). I hope the op is straightforward and successful so we can ha' ye bak' 'ere, lad!

IP:

THETAXI
posted March 23, 2004 03:15 PM            
Hey wolf, I know you'll pull off alright. I'll be praying for you. Hope to see you back soon. see you soon.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 23, 2004 05:16 PM            
You always have my prayers and best wishes for your quick and complete recovery - good luck John and keep the faith - you WILL be back soon!

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

corpse
posted March 24, 2004 06:53 AM            
GET WELL SOON .

frag you later
CORPSE

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 24, 2004 05:50 PM            
Been away for awhile WM but i,m back : ). C ya soon m8.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted March 24, 2004 05:56 PM            
Good luck.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

wolfman
posted March 24, 2004 08:30 PM            
Thanks to one and all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Good and bad news- Good news I made it through alive without any complications. Bad news is that the coiling did not work and will have to go in for "open" brain surgery which will mean 5 to 7 days in the hospital and another 3 weeks at home recovering before being able to do "limited" light duty. Then another 2 months before fully recovered. Doctor spent over 2 hours plus trying so that part of my head exposed to large doses of radiation and I may start to look like I have mange back there lol Again, Thanks to all for everything. Love from your TM bud and his wife. JT

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 25, 2004 10:03 AM            
If you start to look mangey, just shave it all off. It's getting to be summer, so you'll want the coolness anyway
So sorry to hear that the first surgery didn't "take". Let us know when the next surgery is, as well, okay? Too bad it will be hard to send over a lasagna or something. Not sure how good the cooking will taste after 3 days in a UPS box :P

IP:

wolfman
posted March 25, 2004 11:20 AM            
Will do Sue. You are such a sweetheart xox john and belinda

IP:

CyberCannon
posted March 25, 2004 11:39 AM            
I'm sorry to hear that the surgery wasn't a success. I, and my family will continue to pray for you, and if you don't mind I would like to add you to our church's prayer concerns.

God bless you, and get well soon.
Cyber (Mark)

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 25, 2004 12:33 PM            
Look on the bright side John. They went into my dads head 3 times, the 3rd time was by a training surgeon (we didnt know), i recon sumthin went wrong and dad came out in an awful state after the 3rd op.

Your op may not have been a complete success, but they didnt damage anything either ... in that light, im very happy everything went "to plan" and youre ok.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery m8.

IP:

synack
posted March 25, 2004 09:08 PM         
I've been out of the loop for a week at a conference, so I've missed a bunch.

Keep the faith, WM. You're special to us, and you've got quite an extended TM family pullin' for ya.

This too shall pass.

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 25, 2004 10:02 PM            
Amen! Sue, if you'll send lasagna, I'll send cookie dough... and even some other random pastries. I got all I need to make it. If you can get UPS to chill it, I'm sure lasagna is a great microwave meal. OH, and I have already beta tested this meal and can say solidly that cookie dough... given some milk and a few seconds after each 6 ounce spoonful... goes well to chase a lasagna dinner. Who's up for fund to send it out. Can I hear half a cheer for WM and his resilience? Hip hip, HOO!

IP:

wolfman
posted March 26, 2004 05:58 AM            
Thanks again to one and all. Please do add me Cyber. Found out prior to the surgery - when I was in the hospital the first time thatI had had a cranial infarction years and years ago - constitution of a horse I guess lol Go see the Brain Surgeon on Monday night and probably scheduled to go in withing a week or two after that. Found out work enlisted me in a leave share program but for that to work I have to stay out of work till the surgery and recovery done. So I figure 6 weeks - which goes against my nature not to work lol oh, and sue if they can send insulin nationwide I am sure they can handle lasagna lol Thanks again to all. Love JT

IP:

Teulk
posted March 26, 2004 09:46 AM            
Sorry about the news for the first surgery...thoughts and prayers WILL continue your way, regardless..
And it's recommended that your spirits stay HIGH...keep the good mood going, and things will always work themselves out..
On your side,
T.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted March 26, 2004 04:30 PM            
sorry to hear the bad news wolfman . your in my prayers .

shunti my friend .

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2