|
Author Topic:   Wheres the Beef?
Sage
posted March 16, 2004 05:01 PM            
hey ya'll,

You know, I was thinkin, we should have a and Mad Cow mod or something. Also, I have quite a few unreleased maps, so if anyone wants to give a try. email me at sanddan@comcast.net

Also, I see we have a few new faces, thats good. But it would still be better if we could treadmarks on some counsels. I know LDA isn't the richest of the gaming communities but profits couldn't hurt. Also, we need to get T-shirts or hats that have TreadMarks on them, that would be cool.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 16, 2004 05:16 PM            
Its all down to cost m8 ..... buying lisences for printing trademarks, postage, original materials. For consoles ur looking at needing stable portable code for each platform to make the best of what its got, each will prolly need its own team too - massive costs for a game youre gambling will sell by the bucketload.

Do0nt get me wrong, im not knocking the idea, its great to have the drive, but its a bit late in the day for TM to make any kind of significant impact to even cover costs, let alone make a profit.

IP:

Sage
posted March 16, 2004 07:10 PM            
Actually, with proper research, it's very easy to get good deals on shirts and hats. There’s really no excuse, heck, even some non-profit organizations have shirts and hats. And Although it will cost money, the outcome will be well worth it.

Maybe LDA just needs a good push...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 16, 2004 08:28 PM            
Or a bigger wallet.

Its true that you can submit designs to places like cafe-express who will happily slap the design onto about anything !! but:

A) Who would buy merchandise for something they know bugger all about.

B) Youll have to arrange sumthin with LDA re: profits from the sale of their trademark.

The reality is great idea - complex to perform, however, if youre volunteering

IP:

Sage
posted March 16, 2004 10:16 PM            
Well, for the first quistion: Us of course, we can't expect more without putting something in. This in addition is advertising, haven't you ever thought that everytime you wear a polo or old navy shirt that your advertising them, and it twice as effective if you actually look good in the shirt, lol.

Also, you really don't need a contract or agreement of any sort with anyone. You basically pay them the money up front and they don't get any more.

OR

You buy like 100(as example) white shirts for like a small cost(you can get bundles of shirts for like half the cost. And you make the shirts yourself. You buy the stuff needed and get to ironing, lol. It would take time, but seeds take time to grow as well. Also, the better the logo, the better the advertising.

Also, the games needs major improvments. Like better graphics, lol. But on a serious note, we don't want people to think of LDA as a second rate gaming company...Which is was some people think of LDA as. I mean the biggest thing LDA has been successful with was the whole DX-Ball thing, and my dad still plays games like that. He has like 4 different games, exactly like that.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 16, 2004 11:24 PM            
Not to impune your strategy, but what TM needs is for net cafe's to open up away from UT, CS and Quake, and embrace other sims like TM. Once TM is taken seriously, then it will start to amass interest.

So if u know any netcaff owners, make em a gift of TM this xmas

IP:

coaxs
posted March 18, 2004 11:10 PM            
Mooo

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

corpse
posted March 19, 2004 12:42 PM            
i got the BEEF!

------------------
you can't kill whats already dead !

LMMFAO!

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 30, 2004 05:33 PM            
MoooooooooWAHahahahaHahahAHAHAHAHHHH!
Ahahahhahahahahahooooooooo!
MoooOOOOEEeeeeeeyyyyaaaaaay!
Wahhhmoooooooo!
[mad cow]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 30, 2004 07:28 PM            
Final Fantasy XXX: The beef within.

IP:

wolfman
posted March 30, 2004 11:34 PM            
Another idea to add to this is that anyone using a website off the shirt gets a deal or a special surprise in the download. JT

IP: