This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Modded tanks
Bonzo Dog
posted March 05, 2004 09:27 PM            
I am not having those modded tanks on a team i am in on lda and i will frag them any chance i get. Ask Max.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted March 06, 2004 01:20 PM            
What a great idea

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 06, 2004 02:04 PM            
They are giving me plenty lag to. They also move too fast and have an unfair advantage.

IP:

coaxs
posted March 06, 2004 06:16 PM            
Read the code yourself. They are actually slower tanks.

Example of a hidden tank Nort1

code:
#Voxel Entity File.
#Lines beginning with # are comments.
#Format is <parameter><whitespace>["="]<value>.
#
#This is a Tank entity file.
#

Class = racetank
Type = nort1

Mesh = Nort1/Nort1High.lwo
#Mesh1 = Tank16/16MedT.lwo
#Mesh2 = Tank16/16LowT.lwo
TurretMesh = Nort1/Nort1TurretHigh.lwo
#TurretMesh1 = Tank16/16TurretMedT.lwo
#TurretMesh2 = Tank16/16TurretLowT.lwo
GunMesh = Nort1/Nort1GunHigh.lwo
#GunMesh1 = Tank16/16GunMedT.lwo
#GunMesh2 = Tank16/16GunLowT.lwo

#Texture = textures/fieryblue.bmp
Texture = textures/ShinyOrange.bmp
Scale = 1.0

#meters per second.
### Tweak max speed and acceleration settings to taste! ###
maxspeed = 50
accelspeed = 15.0

turretspeed = 60.0
#degrees per second turret rotation.

SmokeType = lumpy1
#which subtype of class "smoke" to use for spewing.

#EngineSound1 = engine/tanksqueaky1.wav
EngineSound2 = engine/tanktreads.wav
EngineSound1 = engine/tankrumble1.wav

RumbleSound = Engine/RoadRumble3.wav

ProjectileType = tankgun2
#ProjectileType = nuke
ReloadTime = .1

envmode = texture
smoothshade = 1
solidlight = 1

mass = 0.5

Example of a stock tank Belabor to be specific

code:
#Voxel Entity File.
#
#

Class = racetank
Type = tank16

Mesh = Tank16/16HighT.lwo
Mesh1 = Tank16/16MedT.lwo
Mesh2 = Tank16/16LowT.lwo
TurretMesh = Tank16/16TurretHighT.lwo
TurretMesh1 = Tank16/16TurretMedT.lwo
TurretMesh2 = Tank16/16TurretLowT.lwo
GunMesh = Tank16/16GunHighT.lwo
GunMesh1 = Tank16/16GunMedT.lwo
GunMesh2 = Tank16/16GunLowT.lwo

Texture = textures/Tank16.bmp
Scale = 1.0

#meters per second.
maxspeed = 50
#accelspeed = 15.0
accelspeed = 20.0

turretspeed = 60.0

SmokeType = lumpy1

ProjectileType = tankgun1
#ProjectileType = nuke
ReloadTime = 3

bolton0 = -0.50, 0.28, -0.78
bolton1 = 1.1, 0.14, -0.31
bolton2 = -2.05, -0.90, -0.90
bolton3 = 0, -0.75, -3.1

Name = Belabor

Namesound = Belabor

As you can see the hidden tanks are slower.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted March 06, 2004 06:30 PM            
Hmm, I dont recall any Tankgun2 in my stock install? Or was that another non-mod that was added to the server?

The nort1.ent that I have says: tankgun1.

IP:

DNX-goku
posted March 06, 2004 06:50 PM            
heck ill take the nort1 over the stock tank anyday lol look at the reload time hehe .1 for nort and 3 for stock hmmmmmmmmmmm now something might tell me thats a tad bit unfair and to point out that that tank is extrmly low to the ground so up close it can kill with a main gun in no time flat

[This message has been edited by DNX-goku (edited March 06, 2004).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 06, 2004 09:49 PM            
The stock nort1.ent doesn't look like the one coaxs has. He's modded that fer his own use.

It should look like this:

code:

#Voxel Entity File.
#
#

Class = racetank
Type = nort1

Mesh = Nort1/Nort1High.lwo
#Mesh1 = Tank16/16MedT.lwo
#Mesh2 = Tank16/16LowT.lwo
TurretMesh = Nort1/Nort1TurretHigh.lwo
#TurretMesh1 = Tank16/16TurretMedT.lwo
#TurretMesh2 = Tank16/16TurretLowT.lwo
GunMesh = Nort1/Nort1GunHigh.lwo
#GunMesh1 = Tank16/16GunMedT.lwo
#GunMesh2 = Tank16/16GunLowT.lwo

#Texture = textures/fieryblue.bmp
Texture = textures/ShinyOrange.bmp
Scale = 1.0

#meters per second.
maxspeed = 50
accelspeed = 15.0

turretspeed = 60.0

SmokeType = lumpy1

ProjectileType = tankgun1
#ProjectileType = nuke
ReloadTime = 3

envmode = texture
smoothshade = 1
solidlight = 1
mass = 0.5

This is the added bit to make the weapon points in the correct spot and to also make it so it shows up in YOUR tank list:

code:

bolton0 = -0.4, 0.2, -1.0
bolton1 = 0.25, 0.25, 0
bolton2 = -1.75, -0.5, 0
bolton3 = 0, -0.7, -2.8

Name = Liquid Eagle

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited March 06, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
posted March 06, 2004 09:56 PM            
well I guess we are forced to believe you since we dont actually know whats on the server. kinda strange that he posted a modified ent when he was trying to prove a point.

I suppose we wouldnt have all this distrust if everyone had just left the stock server alone...

IP:

coaxs
posted March 06, 2004 11:05 PM            
oh yeah, I did edit the reload time. That was awhile ago. It was pretty fun too Muwahahahaha.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 06, 2004 11:38 PM            
So much for it is already there and it is slower and it is not modded - Just keep it out of games I play in - thanks.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

wolfman
posted March 07, 2004 07:43 AM            
Hey all!
I will be the first to admit that I love playing the halftrack mod tank. But with the comments on the effects on some's pc's - i.e. lag time etc., we need to get the rule set that for DDM's etc they should not be used. Pablo, I know you were telling me bud, but I thought it was because you were back on dl modem. End result still needs to be that these should only be used on a "named" Modded Tank Server. If it says stock, it needs to be only the "unmodded stock" that came on the cd etc. Like I said, this pains me lol, since I have a blast with that halftrack.

IP:

coaxs
posted March 07, 2004 03:52 PM            
Wolfman: There was a vote allow them to be played on all servers. It was voted yes http://206.222.78.140/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003936.html

It was also voted whether to play them in DDMs and the like and the vote was yes. http://206.222.78.140/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003872.html

Topic is really closed on the subject unless we want to undo a democratic vote. I have not noticed any new lag.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited March 07, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
posted March 07, 2004 04:07 PM            
So everyone who voted yes actually voted for more lag. Between all these mods and the clan maps, Ain't no wonder.

IP:

coaxs
posted March 07, 2004 04:17 PM            
I doubt they cause more lag.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

wolfman
posted March 07, 2004 07:11 PM            
Yes I know about the votes. I was just bringing up the point that a "number" of frequent and long standing players - pablo, bonzo, to name two - have politely brought it to my attention that they are causing lag. Or at least appear to be. I feel that this needs some more looking into is all. Believe me, I would rather play with the half-track than the Draconian or Dwarf but I don't want to screw my fellow players. JT

IP:

Marmalizer
posted March 08, 2004 08:24 PM            
UNDO a democratic vote! what democracy decided it was only to last five days? with all the players and gangs playing YOU decide that five days was enough eh? well just enough time for most people to not see or know anything about a vote, You might just as well have made it five minutes and cut down on the counting! then even more players would have flammin' missed it!

Of course you haven't noticed any lag, you're livin' on the virtual doorstep of the server! Try it from this side of the pond! Even I could try it on most of the other servers and 'not notice any lag''cos nobody's ever on 'em, but try 'em on the rare occassions when there's more then two players and they all lag. I have never had any lag on Robo's servers so I guess they must be here in the UK, but I'll bet there's not many outside the UK could play for long without getting severe lagging when there's a few players on. The LDA server was always constant, you knew how it played when there was no-one on and when there was 2 or 3 on, and even when there 10 or more on occassions, you got used to how it played 'cos there is usually some time in the evenin' when people are playin', everyone goes there, and SOMETHING HAS CERTAINLY CHANGED RECENTLY ON LDA AND LAG THERE IS! that's why people have noticed it and mentioned it!

How 'bout usin' all mods, all flags, all maps and anything else on all servers, then you wouldn't have to call them different names! you could call them server 1, server 2, server 3 etc..., 'cos thats the way it's goin'! it's nearly that way now.
That tank is a 'mod', you've modified the ENT file and you've modified the reload time 'cos it was "fun", if we all did that, then any newbies that happen to stumble upon us wouldn't stand a chance, and probably wouldn't touch this baby with a 30 metre ramdrill.
Keep that tank for the rest of the servers, LDA has players on at some time every night for a reason and I don't see a lot of posts by most them on this forum, just because we do, we have no right to change the main LDA server for them. Ok, it's not changin' the server, but it is changin' the 'normality' of the stock game, it's even changin' the gameplay in more ways than one with Bonzo decidin' to frag his own team mates if they're using the tank, maybe I should also change to that tank, up the reload time, frag my own team mates with the same tank, no doubt some of the tank users would find that fun but it'll soon get boring, perhaps then, their game will be ruined too.

Also, this is a treadmarks related forum, anyone can post anything about this game here, it is not up to you when a topic is closed, I think you must be getting muddled up with closing your posts when you've had your 'pontification' to stop anyone disagreeing with you, which "really" is a habit now.
Tell me Coaxi, when you type the words "Topic is really closed on the subject", are you stampin' your feet and threatnin' to scream and scream and scream really loudly at the same time, 'cos it don't half come across as arrogance from where I'm sitting.

IP:

Marmalizer
Yeah but Marm, Coaxi cola say's "I doubt they cause more lag".

IP:

Marmalizer
Oh well then, that's that sorted, it must be official!

IP:

Marmalizer
And anyway, the topic is closed so don't talk about it anymore please.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted March 08, 2004 08:25 PM            
Oh well then, that's that s...... just don't get me started!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 08, 2004 08:34 PM            
Amazing. I wrote a note to shed some light as to whats going on, and it gets ignored.
http://206.222.78.140/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003958-2.html

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited March 08, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2004 08:34 PM            
Can anyone show me an online game that DOESNT suffer with some kind of lag ?

No ? - Thought So

Killer - this is what happens when ppl split up topics - i read ur post and agree fully.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 08, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted March 08, 2004 08:44 PM            
Marmalizer: I'll leave it to you to read through Killer's and BZP's post. Maybe then we can have an intelligible conversation.

You only have one day to vote for president, I gave 5.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited March 08, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
posted March 08, 2004 08:48 PM            
See Marm, I told you a consensus was reached

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 09, 2004 07:26 PM            
Ooooooooh, this is great. I think I'm gonna blow off my programming for tonight just so I can see how using a modded tank goes. Mwahahahahah. But seriously folks, can't we get over this silliness. We're trying to enjoy a game... you aren't actually killing people... in fact, with every post I make, probably at least 100 children are born in India. I think this sort of rubbish should be tossed off the forum... but that's my views. If you want to whine, that's more time for me to play. Ta ta!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2