This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

|
Author Topic:   VOTE: Whether to play the hidden tanks or not to play them.
Bonzo Dog
posted February 29, 2004 05:06 PM            
Yes but i do not think they should be used.
Never had a problem without them. I like to keep it real as poss but somehow those liquid tanks just don`t seem real.

Well thats my opinion anyhow.

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 29, 2004 08:27 PM            
Sorry about leaving the board a bit. I need not explain unless someone is curious...

My vote IS YES. I view this from several angles... while I'm not in the mood to debate, for those of you debating, here's more cannon fodder .

• I have always played for fun, and I see no way that these tanks can hinder gameplay. they take damage, move, slide, etc. just like any other tank. I see no point in squabbling over "but it's a MOD!!!" crud.
  • I enjoy seeing a new tank or two, and this sort of thing gets people into modding if they see something so simple. Really, the first time I saw these tanks, I started to REALLY go deep into modding.
  • While they are odd and a bit quirky, I would not argue that they should be taken out until 'fixed'. Who cares? If we really cared about equal tanks, we'd throw out the mite as well. This almost seems like TRACER BULLET is trying to get back into the community (remember that guy?). Who's to call someone who wants to goof off with THEIR tank wrong? The tanks aren't what's wrong in most cases of mods. Let's just get worried if someone finds a way to abuse a tank

There's my input. Have fun. I think I'm going to post some of python programming. It's rather simple and my posting might get others interested. Besides, it'll be my change-log for a change. Bye now.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 01, 2004 08:30 AM            
Looked through the master client last night, there were about 10 players playing, all on lda !. Why is that do you think?
Answer, Because everybody loves that server the most, if you start using those tanks its not going to be the same. If people want to play against those type of tanks they got plenty of servers to do so.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 01, 2004 08:59 AM            
i hope nobody is gonna take it personal but it looks as though those who prefer to use those type of tanks need to bring them to lda coz there aint anyone on the other servers to play against, at least not in such large numbers. Not that we got large numbers on tm.

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 02, 2004 01:13 AM            
We need to start advertizing this UBB or /2ixy's. the only way to get people more involved with the race server and other stuff is that we schedule things. i have seen TONs of peeps who, after a short talk, i now regret not referring to here. It'd be nicer too if we could tell them where EXACTLY to go to be filled in completely on all the servers and events.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 04, 2004 10:20 PM            
I vote yes...

IP:

coaxs
posted March 05, 2004 12:32 AM            
You're too late Bam, the polls are closed. I'll tally it up right now.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited March 05, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted March 05, 2004 12:46 AM            
YES: 7
NO: 3
Abstain: 1
Inbetween YES and NO?: 1
No Answer: 1

The voters involve constitute 24.3% of all posts on LDA.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3