|
Author Topic:   Anyone using ATI Cat. 4.2 drivers?
mELON cRACKER
posted February 25, 2004 07:42 PM            
Just wondering if you have seen anything unusual. I have finally been able to upgrade past Cat 3.7 without torn textures, etc., since I have upgraded to a new motherboard. Must have been something to do with the chipset or chipset drivers for the old board.
However, there is one thing that I have noticed that I have never seen before.... colored smoke. When there are clouds of smoke now, I occasionally see patches of color in the smoke instead of the usual black and shades of grey. The most common colors I see are red and green, and it seems to happen most on green grassy maps such as The Ramp.
Thanks,
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 25, 2004 08:37 PM            
Yeap. I see that as well on my 9800Pro, but the same drivers running on my 8500 donot have that problem. Seems directly related to the 9600,9700 and 9800 core/driver and not a gerneral problem with the new release.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 25, 2004 11:16 PM            
Sounds like yer pushing yer GPU clock too high. What yer seeing is yer card crying out in pain.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 25, 2004 11:58 PM            
NOpe. I'm not overclocking. Its a bug in the driver.

IP:

A2597
posted February 26, 2004 01:25 PM            
9800np turned pro

no problems at all....

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted February 26, 2004 06:09 PM            
I'm not overclocking either. It's running at the the stock 325/310 speeds. And I have installed little RAM heatinks on all the RAM, so it should be OK, I think.

ATI FireGL X1 => 9700Pro through BIOS flash.
Luckily the resistors are in the unlocked position from the factory on the Fire GL X1, cause they are a B!TCH to unsolder, move, and resolder.

[BWL]mELONcRACKER

[This message has been edited by mELON cRACKER (edited February 26, 2004).]

IP: