This topic is 5 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  |
Author Topic:   Just a quick question
KONG
posted February 24, 2004 11:09 PM            
Since the LDA (stock server) is supposed to be (stock). Why do I synch ents when joining a game?

Why is everyone using tank 8, when tank 8 is not part of the stock install?

Don hand me that about it is, I know it is in the install. It is not selectable from the pre-game menu.

Is this server a stock server or is it a mod server?A stock install shouldn't have to synch any ents.

I think the community server persons should look into this? Or is this just a case of granting a personal favor to an exclusive group of people who want a certain tank put on the server?

I think I would like my own special tank put on the server as well...

IP:

KONG
posted February 24, 2004 11:46 PM            
come to think of it, I dont remember any community dicussion about server admins or any community elections for these positions.

I do remember discussion/elections for the forum moderators.

When did this all come about? How did it come about? Can I contact someone on ICQ to get my special tank put on the server?As a matter of fact, I would like some mod maps on the (stock server)as well...

IP:

Paranor
posted February 24, 2004 11:57 PM            
What's tank 8?

You are mad because someone used a tank that's part of the install?

IP:

KONG
posted February 25, 2004 12:00 AM            
not mad because of the tank, just the fact that files where changed on the server that is supposed to be stock

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 25, 2004 12:27 AM            
Don't be getting mad, KONG. It was totally your fault that you didn't kill GBV when he ramdrilled me on spawn... I might have spawned on him... but you had an MRL. And just a comment... how is it on the stock server we got like 8 nukes all at once when I logged on. I was almost nuked three times... nuked once, and AI's were nuked an additional set of times that I can't even recall but I know was more than twice. Still, I won't complain... I liked it when there were like 3 shadow keepers all at that one matter bomb spot (this was after KONG and GBV were out and MAX and I were playing still). I think overall, the server is really nice, though I'm sure that the swarmers have more oomph to them than usual. I really actually don't like the correction that the game adds to projectiles, but that's another discussion (ruins difficult, 1337, snipes with pee shooter and plasma). Still, I reiterate, the server is definitely very fun and keeps me right on edge......... okay... I have to admit that guided dirtballs messes up my skills with the dirtball almost completely... but all the more fun, right? "WOAH! Look at my air time... and it lit me up like a candle!"

IP:

Irascible
posted February 25, 2004 12:30 AM            
Dudy, you should have not been gone for so long. You could have made others appreciate the fact that my long winded bluster is actually quite short and sweet... well, compared to - you know. Heh.

To the question at hand. I believe it's stock entirely, except maybe the new tanks? Mind you, even if they took out those modded ents you'd still see those tanks. But no one would use them because of their crappy unmodded physics.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited February 25, 2004).]

IP:

posted February 25, 2004 12:40 AM            
Well, Bam worked on them so I would assume that maybe he put them in. But you would need to ask him that.

As for being elected to this position, I guess it sort of just happened. I was pressing for LDA to cough up a server for the community to run it. Killer came up with the TMlogscan that has let us launch the server. Without TMlogscan the community server would not be happening.

As for dudymas, your humor is welcomed.

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited February 25, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
YooHoo, server admin peoples?

I see you have posted to other topics, why not this one? Hello?

Please answer, please?

IP:

coaxs
I have been trying to get the server admins several times on ICQ to look into this but to no real avail.

For the record when LDA first placed the server up there were 10 ENTs to synch. When I asked Jim about it, he said not to worry no big deal or something like that. The only other things that have been changed from what I can tell on the server, since I don't have access to the FTP is that the American flag was added. Also the clan war flags were added as well, which makes me suspect there are other flags in there too which everyone says they didn't put in there but no one has taken out. So adding the clan war flags and American flag that should take the ENT count to 20 something. The other ENTs are a mystery to me.

About using tank 8. No ENT files were edited on the LDA server to play it. It is the users connecting to the server that have edited there files to play it; and you can contact them individually about that. This goes for LDA only. The other "community servers" have the Hidden tank server pack on it which brings the hidden tanks to TM1.5 specs.

It should be noted that since the hidden tanks are based on TM1.0 physics they actually are slower than stock tanks on LDA also their weapon points are screwy since Seumas never had a chance to finish them other than that they are as equally matched as any other tank.

Hidden tank pack is on my site, click sig if you want to play them.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted February 25, 2004 12:42 AM            
ah...well I was reading to the kids...Susan was sewing...not sure what Killer is doing...as for Bam, he does not seem to be available lately.

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

posted February 25, 2004 12:47 AM            
And that is part of the problem that I did not understand about those hidden tanks. I thought they were not turned on. Bam, I would assume, updated the files for 1.5. And there lies the question. What guidelines did Bam use for updating the ent files for those hidden tanks? They sort of just appeared.

But that is water over the bridge. I am fine with them. So be it.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 12:49 AM            
Okay for the record again geeeesh.

NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!

BAM DIDN't change anything about them!

I figure if I posted this several times it might actually be read.

There is nothing more frustrating then people not reading my posts.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited February 25, 2004).]

IP:

KONG
posted February 25, 2004 12:51 AM            
quote:
Well, Bam worked on them so I would assume that maybe he put them in. But you would need to ask him that.
As for being elected to this position, O guess it sort of just happened. I was pressing for LDA to cough up a server for the community to run it. Killer came up with the TMlogscan that has let us launch the server. Without TMlogscan the community server would not be happening.

Bam put them in? Please check on this? It is supposed to be a stock server and I am sure there is a reason LDA left these tanks unfinished.

Just happened? Couldn't you have nominated someone for the position as I nominated Coaxs for moderator or was it just too much to pass up. Mayhap a player who was not a mod maker would have been a much better and levelheaded choice to decide what should be on the servers. perhaps a dialup player? Do you remember how long it takes to download 3MB on dialup? Or what it is like to synch entities and get fragged multiple times before even connecting to the game? (hence the question about synching ents...

Please return the (STOCK) server to a stock install condition. The idea is to attract players (dialup/broadband) to the game. Not to showcase mods or help people get high frag counts.

Thank you

------------------
"My style? You could call it the art of fighting without fighting.''

Homepage

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 12:52 AM            

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 12:52 AM            
NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA!

IP:

KONG
posted February 25, 2004 12:54 AM            
quote:
NO SERVER FILES WAS EDITED TO PLAY THOSE TANKS ON LDA

Oh great swammi, please tell us why we have to synch ents on connecting to a stock server?

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 12:54 AM            
There is nothing more frustrating then people not reading my posts.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 12:55 AM            
quote:
I have been trying to get the server admins several times on ICQ to look into this but to no real avail.

For the record when LDA first placed the server up there were 10 ENTs to synch. When I asked Jim about it, he said not to worry no big deal or something like that. The only other things that have been changed from what I can tell on the server, since I don't have access to the FTP is that the American flag was added. Also the clan war flags were added as well, which makes me suspect there are other flags in there too which everyone says they didn't put in there but no one has taken out. So adding the clan war flags and American flag that should take the ENT count to 20 something. The other ENTs are a mystery to me.

Already answered your question. ;P

Although the other ENTS might as well be flags from some overzealous TM Server Admin.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted February 25, 2004 12:56 AM            
How come I cannot use tank 8?

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 12:59 AM            
I answered that too.

quote:
About using tank 8. No ENT files were edited on the LDA server to play it. It is the users connecting to the server that have edited there files to play it; and you can contact them individually about that. This goes for LDA only. The other "community servers" have the Hidden tank server pack on it which brings the hidden tanks to TM1.5 specs.

Hidden tank pack is on my site, click sig if you want to play them.

Tank8 is a client side mod so to speak. And in order to play it you need to download it from my site. The tank comes with the TM install is on the server without anyone doing anything you only need to download the file off my site to play it.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted February 25, 2004 01:05 AM            
Hello? I know they are stock files. If you read my posts you would see this.

To me, and alot of other players, a stock install requires no synching of entities.

I too could make a tank from stock files wich I am sure would be graciouslly added to the server.

[bold]A stock install requires no synching of entities[/bold}

Either it is stock or modded, which is it?

The tanks in question are not part of the stock selection of tanks. They are mod tanks!

Please make the stock server stock or change the server description.

(and coax, please stop trying to justify other peoples improper actions. It only diminishes your objectivity...
)

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited February 25, 2004).]

IP:

Irascible
posted February 25, 2004 01:07 AM            
"There is nothing more frustrating then people not reading my posts."

LOL! Welcome to my world.

In 666's defense (and I defend him very little these days) whether he was properly elected or not, my recollection is that no one else wanted the job. I doubt anyone wants it now. It's rather redundant to have an election when there's only one candidate.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 01:08 AM            
KONG: Nothing was added to the server for them to be played. Nothing, Seumas already made them. They require no synching, no nothing. If your looking for the source of ENT synching I will bet you will find some version of the flag pack on there, which shouldn't be there.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2004 01:10 AM            
The tanks are neither stock nor modded per se. They are just hidden. The best way to describe them is a client side mod. Again, no editing or adding or tweaking was done to have them on LDA besides the users themselves. Thats why I'll be calling them a client side mod

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted February 25, 2004 01:12 AM            
quote:
How come I cannot use tank 8?

did u read my post?

IP:

This topic is 5 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5