|
Author Topic:   help
RangerChic
posted February 23, 2004 12:52 PM         
hi all, i need some help i dont know if i need to do a fresh install or what, but when i log on to the LDA server, it says the map is loaded, and that theres people shooting at each other but the screen is black

IP:

THETAXI
posted February 23, 2004 12:59 PM            
maybe.... perhaps you're trying to use a modded tank. If you use modded tanks the map may load but then stay black (it happens to me sometimes). Try using a stock tank.

[This message has been edited by THETAXI (edited February 23, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 23, 2004 02:00 PM            
No, if the screen is black but she sees the players its because she has the map, but sumthin about it has changed entwise, maybe the server she logged onto had the clan maps running ? dunno ... that only usually happens (seeing black) when u dont have the map.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited February 23, 2004).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 23, 2004 02:37 PM            
The LDA server is all stock. Its not running clan maps. The LDA COMMUNITY server runs the mods. When I've had that happen to me, I've not had the map. If RC/WJ is running TM out of the box it *should* work, unless the patches to 1.6 weren't also installed.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 24, 2004 12:09 AM            
If she didn't have the right patches, then it wouldn't let you on the server as you would have a version mismatch.

I'd say it's a map thing.

IP: