This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4  |
Author Topic:   clan war sunday feb 22nd 2004
harmless
posted February 20, 2004 02:39 AM            
well, since no one has really mentioned it... there is a clan war this sunday.

same bat time, same bat place, same bat IP, same bat port number.

so... see you there!!!

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

posted February 20, 2004 03:33 PM            
So true harmless. Will be checking the server out tonite.

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

harmless
posted February 21, 2004 02:29 AM            

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 21, 2004 12:19 PM            
Yes, a reminder. It will be on that HIDDEN SERVER.
If you forget how to access that server, NOW is the time to contact your clan mates.

IP:

posted February 21, 2004 12:48 PM            
Well, it is up. Checked the maps and the flags all seems well.

If you don't believe me, check Boomstick... http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/

And the "/LS;RESTARTMAP" command works just fine...maybe a little slow, but fine. Thx Killer.

------------------

IP:

wolfman
posted February 22, 2004 05:20 PM            
Wondering if I can play under my handle of "lazarus" for just this DDM Clan Battle. Please advise soonest. Will be changing my name back to Wolfman once I get released to go back to work. Another week probably - have to get an angiogram on Wednesday to check out possible aneurism in my brain. Plese keep me in all your prayers. Thanks all. Peace JT

IP:

harmless
posted February 22, 2004 09:21 PM            
well, the pics are in

clan war feb 22nd 2004

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 22, 2004 09:38 PM            
Good has triumphed over evil.

IP:

posted February 22, 2004 11:34 PM            
Thx for posting the screen shots harmless.

Susan will be adding more info regarding the poiont tally. Therefore what you see is not the actually score.

For example, max left in the moon map. His pionts need to be added to the finally talley.

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 22, 2004 11:34 PM            
Not sure what to make of this.. There was an AI tank on two of the games. I left the hells back door game with 6 frags to my name to check (as one can't see the ai tank if the tank joins AFTER the people who are in there join, but if you join later, you can see it) and YES, there was a hidden AI tank there... To be honest, I fragged it twice that I can recall. melon cracker did have his trouble with connecting and he lost his frag count, but BWL was in the lead anyway.
Could I please have my 6 frags added to game #2 and could mELON's frags be added to totals (if they are on logscan)
Thanks!
Now, what to do about the AI tank.. that can be a problem...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 23, 2004 12:00 AM            
Joey's site got moved to a new server so I contacted him about getting the stats, since I don't see his site atm. The stats may or may not be available via logscan for the Clan Battle.. word is still pending on that.

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 23, 2004 12:15 AM            
In his words from icq, he was PO'd by the web providers. They moved him more than once, and the webservices broke as a result... for obvious reasons I hope I don't need to explain. He should have gotten everythin done now... wonder what's keepin him

IP:

Irascible
posted February 23, 2004 12:37 AM            
We had a discussion before about adding lost frags. I don't remember the details, but it ultimately got shot down. This was from a previous clan war where Melon dropped and I wanted his tally back in.

I wouldn't be opposed. But we'd have to be completely consistent about it. If were going to add lost frags, we have to do it always and from now on. And of course, what to do if someone drops and LogScan happens to not work that time? If it's a super close match and someone from the losing clan drops with no LogScan to support their claims, there will be "debate".

In reality it's thus far been a non-issue. Both then and now, the lost frags wouldn't have changed the clan that placed first. Though it might change second place this time - not sure.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 23, 2004 12:49 AM            
I don't mind using logscan results, but I'm absolutely against using peoples memories. The final pic is all that will be used in those cases, sorry in advance.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted February 23, 2004 02:01 AM            
Then all that's left is for Killer to get info back up and available.

No hurry. It's not like Coax or any of his endentured servants are in any hurry to update the site anyway.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 23, 2004 12:23 PM            
In my own defense, I did announce my frag count (which could be checked at that time) and my reasons for leaving the game (to look for this "cheat" of sorts, though I think it may have been there innocently enough) and that I would be back...

IP:

max
posted February 23, 2004 02:59 PM         
Just to clear things up. The lag was so bad I had to leave, and the previous games I was popping all over the place. I would be shooting at tanks that were not there. It's usually bad but not that bad.

Here's a question I'm sure has been asked before. If this awesome game succeeded like LDA hoped. They would never have been able to accomadate the players anyway, unlike Halflife,Quake etc. who did succeed. So here is my question finally. Why can't they beef up there servers like Quake servers even if the game is old? It's so freak'n frustrating. It's not who has the most skill and luck It's the person with the best connection at the time. Sorry just venting. must win must win must win lol lol lol. Hi everyone. Frag you later..........

IP:

Irascible
posted February 23, 2004 03:35 PM            
Yeah. I killed some phantoms myself. They're going to take the flag pack out. That will at least help a little with the lag when people log on in the middle of the game.

As to the question of LDA's bandwidth, there's two answers. First, I'd be surprised if TM is selling enough to even pay for the relatively few resources LDA has devoted to it. It would be unreasonable to expect them to lose even more money or give up what tiny profit they have. Second, I'm not sure more bandwidth would help much. Paranor's server at one point had 5 megabits of bandwidth. Yet, even then we'd get laggy at around two dozen players. Such bandwidth should theoretically handle twice that many or more. But it doesn't. Know one seems to know why.

In addition to the flag pack, let me suggest taking out one more non-essential. Scorching literally serves no purpose. Why keep any of it? The less that has to be propagated through the network the better. Scorching affects no aspect of game play but to add to the lag, no?

In that same vein, I'd like terrain deformation removed on the "almost non-deforming weapons". I know that's less likely to get approval, but consider: What's the point having a crater from the laser, machine gun, 120 mm, avenger, drill or grenades? You can't exactly dig people out with them like you can MRLs. Nor can you hide inside the crater made by those weapons like you can the CM's.

Why not optimize out the irrelevant bandwidth hogs? NO ONE is going to complain about the lack of scorched terrain or the missing divot from their machine gun.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 23, 2004 04:59 PM            
Oh NO noth the scortch effect. :P

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 23, 2004 05:20 PM            
I have to agree with irascible... and the fact is, it'd be but five secs to write a perl script to do the whole job. Get rid of scorch, and find craters of small size and remove them. Heck, just a batch script could do it. anyone willing to make a super server friendly mod?

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited February 23, 2004).]

IP:

max
posted February 23, 2004 08:27 PM         
I agree with you too Ras. Also how do all the other big multiplayer game have sooooo much less lag, and with massive amounts of players? They did that right from the start. What gives? I know these have been on going questions, but I'm just curious.
Thanks for the response Ras.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 23, 2004 09:29 PM            
LOL Coax. Your sarcasm is made even more humorous by not one, but TWO mispelled words.

TY for the support Dudy and Max. (Hmmm. Should two on two ever become a reality again, you two could form the team "DudyMax". LOL. In case you didn't know Max, two on two teams use to make up names like that. SuperCoax use to rule the roost.)

Come on Devil! Let's hear it. I can't imagine anything other than silly objections to making the suggested changes. I can't speak to a script. But even doing it by hand would only take 5 minutes.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 23, 2004 09:33 PM            
TM has its programming limitations - plain n simple... grapohics cards can handle 60k + tris, so why limit us to 10k (tho i understand the lastest version can be modded beyond that as well as view distance beyond 1000m). Similarly, the netcode will have its limitations - when TM was coded huge bandwidth connections werent available, so were stuck with a programmed theoretical maximum.

I agree with the scorching, but leave the deformations in - its what separates tm from vector based MP games. The checks and report packets on damaged or altered terrain will be built into the net code... for me, weather it carries "x000 y000 z000" or "x999 y999 z999" is irrelevant, its still a packet carrying data to be relayed to the connected client systems. The packet is there and hardcoded, so why not take advantage of it.

What we REALLY need to do to reduce lag if anyone is listening this time, because i HAVE said it before........ is TURN OFF YOUR IM PROGRAMS, EMAIL CLIENTS, CLOSE WEB PAGES, & SWITCH OFF ANYTHING *** A N Y T H I N G *** That may request info, or report a connection, OTHER THAN TM. If ppl do this religiously you will see a marked difference in LAG reduction.

So how do i know.... 1) been playing MP games for years... 2) i turn on ICQ/trillian while theres a match on and EVERYONE IS ON IT !! - Turn em off fer gods sakes... Sue, how many time have i messaged u (unknowningly mid game), the game crashes, u loose ur score and have to relaunch and rejoin ? = LAG.... for EVERYONE. I could make a regular list of the purps but i suspect they already know who they are AND amazingly, they are the ones who mostly moan about lag lol .....

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 23, 2004 10:40 PM            
Hehe, Rixy, for this round, I did "End it All" and ICQ/Trillian was off
When I exited the game this time, it was ON PURPOSE, cause there was an invisible tank on the server.
BTW, BoomstickJoes is back up, and he does have the frags listed http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com

hit on the server page, click on the events for the Clan Battle Server- and there you are!
let's see if this works:
Nope, I tried to insert the link to the results, but no go for me...

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited February 24, 2004).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 24, 2004 12:10 AM            
Sorry...couldn't make it as I don't have those ports available to me fer playing TM.

I only have ports 21 and 80...

IP:

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4