|
Author Topic:   Music of TM
Dudymas
posted February 20, 2004 01:22 AM            
Well then... why not i try to re-enter TM officially with a good ol' topic i love and we've discussed before in the good ol' 1.0 days.

What the heck kind of music do you listen to with TM?

I personally love DnB radio

As well, I do some stuff with punk rock (Five iron frenzy 0vV|/|z j00!i!), and anything else particularly well fitting with moments when we OD on something usually sugary and not supposedly illegal (we all know my substance of abuse, still almighty cookie dough). I love the industrial tracks that come with TM however. Anyone got some radio suggestions for me? OH! and I do still listen to polka on occasion. It really accents the fragging.

IP:

harmless
posted February 20, 2004 02:33 AM            
well then, you should check out Polkacide!

http://www.polkacide.com/

i even have an LP record of theirs! good stuff.

toodles
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2004 12:32 PM            
I listen to the orchestrated nuansces of my authentic WWII battlefield recordings. }B>

IP:

wolfman
posted February 20, 2004 01:06 PM            
Metallica Enter Sandman
Digital Underground Humpty Dance
Tupac California Dreaming
Red Hot Chili Peppers Several lol
ACDC Shoot to Thrill
Ramstein Bang Bang XXX Soundtrack
Kid Rock I wanna be a Cowboy Baby
Unknown No Tengo Dinero
Alice in Chains Man in the Box
Prince !#@ Control
Nine Inch Nails Closer
Smashing Pumpkins Rat in a Cage
Change all of these only occassionally. Probably need to figure out a way to stream music while I am playing. Though my tastes are very ecclectic lol

IP:

posted February 20, 2004 03:31 PM            
Ah....well...er...no music. I listen to all the sounds of the game from weapons approaching, nearby spawnings, near misses of enemy fire. The more info the better I play.

Yah, yah...I may take the game too seriously...LOL

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

kv
posted February 20, 2004 04:29 PM            
kinda an odd list, but it's funny when the music matches up with the gameplay:

.hack//SIGN - digital monsters
.hack//SIGN - evolution
.hack//SIGN - fake wings (make decision)
.hack//SIGN - key of the twilight
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Wake Me Up Inside)
Evanescence - Tourniquet
Evanescence - Whisper
Filter - Cancer
Filter - Welcome to the Fold
Fuel - Won't Back Down
Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline
Godsmack - Whatever
Linkin Park - Faint
Linkin Park - Hit the Floor
Linkin Park - In the End
Linkin Park - Lying From You
Linkin Park - Session
Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong
Rammstein - Feuer Frei

IP:

synack
posted February 20, 2004 04:57 PM         
wb, Dudy!

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 20, 2004 05:55 PM            
TY! I wouldn't be back if it wasn't for you kinda peeps, the excellence of LDA, and a hefty load of boredom and anger(I just get so.... just so.... MAD at these losers in these books for english literature. DARNIT you loser woman... if you didn't stinkin' love Charles Darnay, we wouldn't need stinkin' Tale of Two cities. Why doesn't someone just kill him and end the book, dangit. Then I have to blow things up. I must because these losers are losing their loser minds. It takes to long to revolt, kill a bunch of people, and see it from the point of view of some family.). I hate being redundant, so since I hate being redundant I'll just say I like Polkacide. I like polkacide.

Wow, I'd say I'm getting back into the swing of things already. this post has my stamp of approval.

OOOOPS, forgot to argue here. Why use a playlist? Just use internet radio. If you have enough bandwidth to really play, you can afford radio... at least lo fi (and really, lo fi is ok considering that it's only for mood, and not part of the game in a major extent). Does anyone agree? Radio would be nice to be built into TM... in fact, we could easily have the first game with such abilities.

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited February 20, 2004).]

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted February 20, 2004 06:18 PM            
Yeah... well i listen to Rock...Electrical/Techno during a game... somthing with a fast beat.. it keeps me on the move.

------------------
Um? Well if I could think of one id put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

synack
posted February 20, 2004 07:29 PM         
I'm not absolutely positive, but I think or sense that you were or were considering or thinking about being or sounding redundant-redundant.

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 21, 2004 05:04 AM            
I might just could have maybe sorta almost started to bring about to something perhaps along the lines of beginning to touch upon some viscinity of the area encompassing a slight tad bit near to the thought of trying to kinda get on top of seeking out to be defined as somewhere in the region of turning out to be a kind of type of need or desire to be ever so slightly like what ought to be nearly to a degree similar to that thing rightly called around some general idea of redundant. Sort of.

IP:

Karldar
posted February 21, 2004 09:07 AM            
Hmm...I've noticed something different about the board lately. There seem to be posts from some Dudymas chap with a 2004 datestamp on 'em. Either that, or synack got a haircut....

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

synack
posted February 21, 2004 11:12 AM         
... just last week, as a matter of fact.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 21, 2004 12:05 PM            
Me? No music.. There is enough noise here, with David puffing away, and HIS speakers turned up. I am constantly asking him to turn his speakers down. Between THAT and him yelling directions to me and Jon in the other room, I just can't take MORE SOUND!!

IP:

synack
posted February 21, 2004 01:29 PM         
I used to have music playing in the Demo days. Steppenwolf, James Gang, Jefferson Airplane. But ... I'm dating myself.

These days - no music. I listen to the sounds of the game for clues, and that very rare occurrence of, "You're in the lead!"

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 21, 2004 06:26 PM            
Awww shucks, I usually only get "You've got mail!"

(big note, no I don't have aol. i usually only refer to it as AOhelL.)

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted February 22, 2004 03:44 AM            
1 Chemical Brothers - Dust Up Beats.mp3
808 State_8088898USD_02_Cubik.mp3
808 State_8088898USD_03_InYerFace.mp3
A3 - Woke up this morning (Theme from The Sopranos).mp3
AC DC - Highway To Hell.mp3
Alice In Chains - Them Bones.mp3
Alice In Chains - Man In The Box.mp3
Beastie Boys--Body Movin (Fatboy Slim remix).mp3
Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face.mp3
Billy Idol - White Wedding.mp3
bullet boys-smooth up in ya.mp3
Creed - Higher.mp3
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot.mp3
Foofighters-My Hero.mp3
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax.mp3
Hadaway - What is love .mp3
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight.mp3
Jeff Beck - Stand On It.mp3
Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks.mp3
Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction.mp3
Megadeth - countdown to extinction.mp3
Metallica - Sanitarium.MP3
Ministry - Stigmata.mp3
Moby - go_trance_mix.mp3
Pantera-Cemetary Gates.mp3
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane.mp3
Smiths-how_soon_is_now_full.mp3
Spacehog -- In The Meantime.mp3
Steve Miller Band - Keep On Rockin Me.mp3
STP--wicked garden.mp3
The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony.mp3
Thin Lizzy - Jail Break.mp3
Three Doors Down - Loser.mp3
tripping daisy - piranhas.mp3
Van Halen - Ain't Talking' Bout Love.mp3
Van Halen- Running With the Devil.mp3
Teque - Wisal_the_Electric_Love_Camel.mp3
wise guys - start the commotion.mp3

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 22, 2004 01:09 PM            
Ooooh,I like a lot of those. Anyone know the band that made TM's music. I was just thinkin' about it. I'd like to get more industrial stuff or at least industrial radio that doesn't stink. BTW... has anyone heard of joy electric?

OH, just noticed... wolfman: what the heck is Digital Underground Humpty Dance?

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited February 22, 2004).]

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted February 22, 2004 01:32 PM            
Yeah sure, i have several Joy Electric CD's... and at one point i knew who made TM's music, and i think it was one guy, a DJ of some sorrt, but i dont really remeber.

IP:

wolfman
posted February 22, 2004 05:18 PM            
Digital Underground was the band and the Humpty Dance was probably their only really major hit. You need to hear it to understand how the beat goes along with playing TM lol. Send me your email and I and send u a copy. They were the band that played in that really funky comedy with Chevy Chase, John Candy, and Dan Ankoryd with the inbreeder family in Jersey lol I also like to listed to Jump Around while playing also. JT

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 22, 2004 05:38 PM            
Uh, I just listen to the music that came with the game and pretty much when I play, I have to keep it down because my floors are so live the whole place sounds like a car out of LR magazine (hehe).
Can only rock it when the wife has left the building.
Of course if she wants to shake the shingles with one of here angry women albums, I get to just 'SHUT UP'.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Rex R
posted February 22, 2004 06:17 PM            
2 words, Head Phones. a good pair can block out many distracting and annoying sounds from the outside world (not to mention not disturbing other folks with loud 'noises')

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 23, 2004 05:32 PM            
Yes! My official TM headphones are the Koss R100(got em for 40 bucks on amazon, definitely a good buy). But does anyone remember the name of the... DJ? that did TM's music? Perhaps LDA could help out with this one? Ireally am truly interested. OH, and wolfman, I'll find the mp3,no worries. I use yahoo mail, and it doesn't take kindly to large files. But for those who want my e-mail, which I thought I gave out, it's dudy spam 101 (yes, one zero one, not LOL... at least not yet). Take out the spaces. My old account got hacked and I changed pword, but then I forgot the password totally. Still working to try to remember it. No biggy tho.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted February 24, 2004 11:22 AM            
Noone mentioned The kings of leon yet, most happenin band at the mo. Even if they do look like somethin from the 70s.

IP: