What:
TeamCTF Challenge

When:
Friday Feb 20th, at 10pm EST

Where:
LDA Community TeamCTF Server.

Who's a commin to this one?

Also:

The TeamCTF practice server is availible: "Ye Ol' TeamCTF", but the connection can only handle up to 5 people (plus 3 on LAN). I can be on this server after 7pm EST during the week, for practice sessions. Post if you interested in this as well. I know there are some new faces here that have never played it. I would like to be sure that they have dl'd the teamctf mod and have it working correctly before Friday. Also, the maps that are used (except for Death Island) donot work like normal CTF maps. So new comers would do well to try it out before hand with an experienced player.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 17, 2004 01:50 AM            
I will be there if I can. I am going to be in Houston that day but I will be coming back that evening. Since it is starting at 10 EST I may have a chance, I'll just have to see when I get back.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 17, 2004 03:50 AM            
10 eastern = 7 pacific.. I'll just be running in from work. If you don't mind late comers, so I can scarf some supper, I'm in!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 17, 2004 09:32 AM            
as always we can push it off to a later start. I won't be running this as a event, just a friendly game, so as long as people show up to play it's okay.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 17, 2004 12:47 PM            
oo so quite

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 17, 2004 12:52 PM            
ok . ill tryt to be there .

the last time i tryed to CTF i died . lol , why . something like nagitive blaa blaa .

------------------
www.gbv.com

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 17, 2004 03:19 PM            
LOL, you were on the defending team playing on the Tower Raids map.

The Tower Raids map'S' (there are 2 maps) are set up so that one player is defense and the other team is attack. The defending team cannot pick up the attack teams flag, if they try to they are killed instantly (player xxx destroyed by negative reinforcement, ). Their sole job is to keep the opposing team from destroying the tower and stealing the flag. This is alot harder than it seems, especially with all human players. One map has blue as defense, and black as attack. The second map has the teams swapped, blue is now attack, and black is defense. The winner is decided on number of captures from BOTH games.

The Citadel Invasion maps are similar. Here the attacking team starts out with the flag and must infiltrate the 'Citadel' which is a ring of towers inside the defenders play area. Its on a 2km x 2km map, so you have a lot of ground to cover, and the towers are heavily armored. Again, no so easy with a team of humans opposing. Like the Tower Raids maps, One map has blue as defense, and black as attack. The second map has the teams swapped, blue is now attack, and black is defense. The winner is the team who can invade the citadel in the sortest amount of time. Unlike the tower raids maps, once a flag capture occurs, the game ends.

As you can see, you have to pick eitehr blue or black as your team BEFORE joint the server (or setting it after everyone is one and we can split up into permanent teams). Otehrwise you will be randomly assigned to blue or black on a per map basis, which in this case will be extreamly unfair.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 17, 2004).]

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted February 17, 2004 06:18 PM            
Ha.. I smell burnt cheese.. anyway... yeah ill be there if i can.... depends on how much home work i get.. Dang......

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 18, 2004 07:22 AM            
bump

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 19, 2004 01:51 PM            
Bumpity Bump

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 19, 2004 07:06 PM            
oh , very cool ideas you have .

ok 1 thing tha tanks are so slow .

but i might be me .

i raced the ifrit on thursday .

i will be there

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 19, 2004 07:32 PM            
depends on the tank, the light tanks and the hovers are the fastest, but the medium and heavy tracked tanks have more armor and firepower. The trick to the maps is that you need to get a balance of tanks in a team. Each tank has a nemisis, one that will negate the other's ability. So choose wisely

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 19, 2004 09:30 PM            
sounds fun .

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 19, 2004 11:23 PM            
Well, I guess i should ask if anyone has something against a certain prodigal dudy?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2004 12:18 AM            
Dudymas!!!! HIYA!!

WeLcOmE BaCk!!!

Join in the fun

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 20, 2004 01:15 AM            
Good grief! I guess I need to go back to my antics again. You miss me far too much.... farrrrr to much (say it with a piratey arrrrrrrr.)

Has anyone had one of those teachers/professors who hate it when you roll r's the wrong way... and you can realllllly get em mad if you start making your r's into a pirate r rather than rolling it as they make you repeat?

*huge 10 ton weight falls on Dudy*
Announcer: Sorry, my friend. You have to bear a tangent penalty. Any further tangents shall be eliminated and those eliminators not eliminating sacked and those who sack the eliminators sacked. And those going on to sacking rather than tangents will be sa...
*THUD!*

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2004 12:35 PM            
Is that an argument?
Yes it is!
No It Isn't!
Yes it is!
No It Isn't!
Yes it......

SLAMMMMMMMMMMMM

REmember folks it'll be 2night on the community server. if its not up, I'll put up my server. IF you get there at 10pm, hang around. There wil be late comers.

Don't forget to dl and install the mod pack!

http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/downloads_main.php&group=TCTF&uid=&

To start playing the TeamCTF client mod pack, click on the file 'TeamCTF.bat'. This batch script will rename your "addons" directory to "original", rename the "TeamCTF" directory to "addons", and then launch TM. After exiting TM, it will switch the directories back to their respective names. When TM starts up, you should no longer see the stock tanks, only the new TeamCTF tanks. If you donot, you may have to manually rename the TeamCTF directory to addons and start TM normally. DONOT copy the contents of the TeamCTF directory into addons! You will be unable to play with the standard TM tanks. You can create a seperate TM install and rename TeamCTF to addons if you wish to have a dedicated TeamCTF install.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 20, 2004).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2004 08:00 PM            
buuuummmmmpppppp

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2004 09:35 PM            
30 mins till game time

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 21, 2004 12:44 AM            
I kept trying to get on.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 21, 2004 04:55 AM            
Well, scally-wags (I'm a scally-speller), if anyone wants to assist, I hope to help killar kill the tanks that kilt poorly tonight. Great fun, still.... thanks for a good time go out to 665, and the other nameless frags who owe me a drink. (I like suicides, please hold the cherry. Barq's a must). Oh, but meloncracker stinks because he made my frag count go down when he logged out since I just lasered his sheep carcass over again and again. I'll get you for it. I will! i am on spiteful full fool fully filled to fill you full of filling flak, you flat-footed fatso (Yeah, I know he's a mellon cracker, so he's supposed to be fat if he's going to be a cracker that mimics a melon, but just imagine how bloated a melon cracker could be.... ohhh! the horror. See, so he is a fat melon cracker).

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited February 21, 2004).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 21, 2004 01:50 PM            
yes it was fun

a real 'blast' muwahahahaha

But we have some work to do, need to remove some of the player built tanks that don't do very well and fix up the flamer a bit.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 21, 2004 06:02 PM            
do it agine next friday at 11:00 eastern ?

had a blast too.

IP:

posted February 22, 2004 02:24 AM            
Oh my, I do not know you Dudymas. This will be interesting. I am glad to see you back.

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted February 22, 2004 03:16 AM            
I'm sure the logout wasn't on purpose Dudy. I have been through more modems lately than I care to remember.
However, I will be glad to roll right over you with my large green striped carcass anytime! Just watch out for the seeds!
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2