|
Author Topic:   hi
THETAXI
posted February 12, 2004 10:00 PM            
just joining. I'll probably be a regular. I've been playing the game for a while but just recently discovered the online gaming. Can anyone explain what's up with the clans and teams and all? isn't it a free-for all?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 12, 2004 10:41 PM            
Yes though we do occasionally have clan matches where we play for our respective clans. That actually happens once a month on a Sunday. For those who prefer not to be affiliated with a clan there is the Lone Wolf Association, which is an organization to allow non-affiliated players to play in clan events.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 13, 2004 12:20 AM            
Theta Xi-
There are matches, as Cyber mentioned, that are battles between clans. They are on the 4th Sunday of the month. The maps vary, depending on what the choosing clan has decided for the map rotation.

In TM there are several active clans:
BWL-Black Widow Lance
DOG- Death or Glory
DNX- the Microsoft of clans
GA-Golden Ants (of which Cyber, 666, Aragon, and myself are members, along with a few others ) You are welcome to join us if you would so desire. Many of our members like to race. You would fit in wonderfully
LWA- Lone Wolf Association. The non-clan clan.
The Mining Guild- the original TM group. their aim, so I understand, was to enjoy massive terrain deformation
ZE- zyon enterprises : A tiny clan. Its member(s) show up here in fits and starts.

There is a old member list on Matrix's site: www.dmf.filetap.com - towards the upper left there is a link to clans and members (as well as some TM player biographies)

If you care to try to rustle up some games, try getting an ICQ number (www.icq.com) for some instant messaging (and if firewalls are a problem, you can also do it web based) and generally you can find one or two players to join you on a server. ICQ numbers are in most people's profiles, fyi.

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited February 13, 2004).]

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 13, 2004 04:31 AM            
lwa could use a good gun like yourself its free and we kick ass .

------------------
wait , do you hear something ?
try <A HREF="http://www.gbv.com/muitimp3.html

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.gbv.com/multimp3.html

</A>

[This message has been edited by -Guided by Voices- (edited February 13, 2004).]

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 13, 2004 04:34 AM            
ok that is weird click for music

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 13, 2004 04:35 AM            
click

------------------
wait , do you hear something ?
try http://www.gbv.com/multimp3.html

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 13, 2004 04:38 AM            
test

IP:

kv
posted February 13, 2004 07:19 AM            
actually, I think i'm going to stop taking new members into LWA. By my count, I currently have about 7 active members. Judging by the turnout for the last clan war, other clans need people more.

I might have one more person joining, but they started the process before I made this decision.

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

IP:

posted February 13, 2004 09:27 AM            
Welcome to the TM community. I hope you had a cool time racing last nite.

Hope to see you more often.

------------------
Queen, may I always be your King…signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 13, 2004 01:06 PM            
Whoops, I forgot to say welcome. Got a question for you. Is your name, seeing as there isn't any spacing there to tell me, The Taxi or Theta XI(11). Last night for some reason I was automatically thinking The Taxi. When I mentioned your name, or at least what I was thinking was your name, my daughter asked if you drove a taxi. It wasn't until Queen typed Theta xi that I even thought of that way of dividing it.

Queen, of those in our clan there is only one really active member, right now since #1 seems to be just a tad busy, that isn't into racing and CTF in a big way. That of course is Aragon, though I have seen him at CTF matches I don't think I've seen him at a race.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 13, 2004 01:12 PM            
looks like ya'll need moe members.

IP:

A2597
posted February 13, 2004 01:44 PM            
don't forget, there is no NEED to join a clan. the only benifits are people that will practice with you (Though you can ask just about anyone via ICQ, and they will. ) and getting into clan matches, which can be a bit of fun.

things like DDM (Deadliest Death Matches), Community Races, and CTF events are open to everyone.

Have fun!
(Oh yea, and definately try some mods/modded servers!)

baah.. baaah... Boom!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

THETAXI
posted February 13, 2004 05:28 PM            
the nickname was done on purpose to read both "theta xi" and "the taxi" (that's why it's all caps). There was a time when we used to promote the "theta xi taxi" filled with barbarians with beer mugs I find that most people simply read it "the taxi", which is fine.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 13, 2004 06:27 PM            
Each clan was only able to field 3 at the last clan war. When up to 5 people's frags will get counted for the ladder. I would say more recruiting needs to be done all around.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 13, 2004 09:01 PM            
Another recruiting event coaxs ? Where 1 player from each clan sits on a server scouting from the lonewolves who want to join clans and just play out the game while the scouts watch ?

IP:

coaxs
posted February 13, 2004 09:28 PM            
Thats what I do everyday.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 14, 2004 09:40 AM            
My Kinda Guy

IP:

harmless
posted February 15, 2004 02:00 AM            
and a formal hello back to you!

i would give you the secret handshake, but you are on the other side of the country from me. Rensselaer... never could pronounce that name lol.

good to have you onboard.

toodles,
harmless

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 15, 2004 06:19 AM            
WOOHOO Yeah, welcome to the boards

More meat for the DNX Grinder.... unless that is u happen to be on the side doing the grinding lol ....

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited February 15, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 15, 2004 11:52 AM            
Its my understanding ur now called GA_ThetaXI Congrats

You chose ...... wisely
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

IP:

posted February 15, 2004 12:38 PM            
Congrat here too...yet another racer for GA

------------------
Queen, may I always be your King…signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 15, 2004 12:52 PM            
Yes, I asked THETAXI if he would like to join the GoldenAnts and he agreed. I've raced with him on a number of occasions and he is a very friendly and cordial player. Welcome!

IP:

THETAXI
posted February 15, 2004 02:42 PM            
HURRAYY!! My CD tells me I'm "the one" so we'll see! Glad to join! Hopefully we'll upset the scores.

IP: