This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   pablito is here!!!
pablito
posted February 12, 2004 01:36 PM            
HI, I recently joined the DNX clan.
my official name is pablito. Some may know me by abc, Pablo, P_A_B_L_0, and many others I don't even remember.
Anyways, I just wanted to be part of this community 'cause I love this game... the only thing is that I'm having problems with the full version so I've been playing only the demo But I bought the game again and I'm going to re-install it in my pc!
See you around.
Sorry to cut off the last new topic... i was almost done with this one and he posted it... but COULD someone send me a url of events/help in getting sign up for battles??
THANKS...
Hi COAX! Thanks for the invitation...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 12, 2004 02:07 PM            
Welcome to the Clan Bro Good to have you *absorbed* into our little Microsoft of Clans (as it was once described) lol ....

You can watch here for details of Races and CTF Matches, Sunday DDMs & Tournaments are listed on the calendar at DMF Forums.

IP:

pablito
posted February 12, 2004 02:12 PM            
Matrix! cool website!
thanks; I shall flame, fire and frag all...
lol (that do not belong to the DNX's clan that is)
Why were you called little Microsoft Clan?

IP:

coaxs
posted February 12, 2004 02:56 PM            
We were called Microsoft because we squash the other clans beneath our feet.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 12, 2004 05:46 PM            
Only by your massive overpowering weight, of course.

If there were a whole clan of me then ya'll would be squashed no matter how many you had.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I wish.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited February 12, 2004).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 12, 2004 06:09 PM            
Don't believe all the hype your clan puts out. Now and again they are defeated just like everyone at one time or another. Just like my clan BWL which holds its own very well most all the time even though it is smaller than DNX.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

pablito
posted February 12, 2004 07:56 PM            
Well, I joined DNX 'cause they were the only ones to invite me....
By the way, I installed the full versions and I see there are many servers to play at... any suggestions?
*I did pick one where they gave you a lot of ammo with each weapon, that was a nice touch.
*That battle on sunday? what' cft server and who can join to play?
Thx.

------------------
I didn't do it!
Krusty the Clown.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 12, 2004 08:29 PM            
Sailor - lest we forget it was a BWL member that dubbed us the Microsoft of Clans

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 12, 2004 08:46 PM            
welcome theres racin tonight on the race server
find a post of 666 and click his sig
at the lower part is are the server pack download that and the tanks . hope to see you there . any problems 666 can help

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 12, 2004 09:18 PM            
Matrix - I do not think I forgot so what is your point? Personally I hate MickeySoft, but then I have to work with their garbage daily in my profession. Give me a nice plain mainframe and all its extended capabilities today and I can make it so you can do about anything that you can do in MickeySoft's stuff except have near as many headaches. Or Linux (even that is on a mainframe now days). LOL

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

pablito
posted February 12, 2004 10:26 PM            
I don't see any postings by 666...
is it the Toronto Server?
The only race is on the moon and when I tried it I was the only one...

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 12, 2004 10:44 PM            
Look in any post that has racing in it's title and you should find a post by 666. Welcome Pablito, I have by the way played against you. To my dismay as I recall.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

pablito
posted February 12, 2004 11:13 PM            
Sorry, adds-on folder not found in my folder..
I might have to stick with the "normal" mods...

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 13, 2004 12:05 AM            
Pablito, it should make the Addons folder for you. You should just need to unzip it into the TM folder.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 13, 2004 12:12 AM            
Pablo, welcome to the boards.
First off, you can MAKE an addons folder. TM doesn't come with one. It is where any mods to the game get installed. Generally there is a limit to how many mods one folder can hold before TM can't read them any longer. The number is about 100. Many people have more than one Addons folder and just rename it as needed. There is a spiffy little program by KiLlEr that will do the renaming for you. You can find the program on: http:///treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com, under the downloads section.
Most mods will automatically unzip to the proper folder if you aim them to your TM folder. Many of the mods are on www.hallsted.us and the mod-a-palloza site, both of which are accessed from www.coaxs.net.

The current schedule of TM events:
Wednesdays at 8 pacific time: ctf. Generally this had been stock, but soon will be with modded maps as well. The server is LDA_community CTF
Thursdays at 8 pacific time: Modded Racing. Currently we are racing with the ifrit tank and its skins (they are found in 666's sig link)
Sundays:
This is DDM night. 1st Sunday of the month is ctf. 2nd Sunday of the month is a ranked DDM, for a position on Coaxs TM ladder, 3rd sunday of the month is a "fun" DDM where we play different mods. 4th Sunday of the month is a clan battle. Check with your clan as to what you should be doing, what color flag, etc...

I hope this helps you get started with DNX and back into TM once again. I have seen you on the servers. I play under GA_Queen

IP:

pablito
posted February 13, 2004 12:25 AM            
Thank you, that's good info..
I will try to configure my "program file" to what I want it to do... for now I'll just play in any mode I can
See you around

IP:

posted February 13, 2004 01:34 AM            
Welcome to the TM community.

Some clarity on the schedule:

Every Wednesday is stock CTF at 8 PM Pacific time

Every Thursday is ladder racing at 8 PM Pacific time, 3 times a month stock tanks, once is modded tanks with the ifrit

Sunday schedule at 8PM Eastern time:
1st Sunday: Fun DDM
2nd Sunday: Ranked DDM, stock maps
3rd Sunday: Fun DDM
4th Sunday: Clan Battle, stock maps
5th Sunday: Race Ladder

For all your race info, click on my sig below.

Hope to see you at the races.

NOte: changed clan maps to stock for clan battles

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited February 17, 2004).]

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted February 13, 2004 06:02 AM            
Hi pablito

Good to see you found the fourm.
TTFN
Robo

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 13, 2004 11:50 AM            
Oh, I forgot to mention, as you get downloads, you might want to create folders for addons for different type games. One addons folder for ANARCHY, One addons folder for TEAM CTF, one addons folder for RACING, one addons folder for STORM, so you don't hit that max limit.
When you are going to play a certain mod, just rename your ADDONSteamctf folder to "addons" after you rename your old addons folder to the appropriate name - ie change addons to ADDONSanarchy, as you can only have one folder named ADDONS.
I hope I didnt' confuse you. I haven't had my coffee yet

IP:

pablito
posted February 13, 2004 12:59 PM            
WOW, well thanks everyone for the info...
I'm pretty sure what I'm supposed to do. Is there any race/battles without any add-ons though? just curious to practice/play.
Thanks for the other welcomes... I think I played all of you in the past...
You guys rock!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 13, 2004 01:25 PM            
Robo runs Demo, stock, and CTF servers, and of course there is the Dinochrome server and the 85 weapons server is all SSO (server side only) which means that you can play on there without any downloads, though there is a pack you can download to so that you don't have to sync umpty flump ents before you can play the first time. There is also of course the LDA server. Right now the CTF is all stock so you wouldn't need anything new as well. The Racing on thursday has modded weapons that while you can fire them, you won't be able to see them unless you download them. Hope that helps, oh by the way if you try a server that is titled [Team]CTF that is a pure modded server and you have to have the mod for that or you won't see a cottin-pickin thing. You should also be able to play on the Armageddon, but watch out cause it don't play anything like normal, and the One Shot servers.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

pablito
posted February 13, 2004 08:40 PM            
Thanks! that was very helpful...
yeah, I noticed when I tried to race yesterday that I couln't see anyone... but it looked cool!!

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted February 14, 2004 07:58 AM            
Nice to c ya on the forum Pablo. What kept ya : ). one point though, i did ask you to join the D.O.G. clan long time back. Think we been playing together since the 1.1.
Pretty tough cooky to beat to, you still on dial up ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 14, 2004 09:39 AM            
-DNX-Bonzo Dog - has a nice ring to it huh

btw - Pablito .. FUNN DDM this weekend.... I think (unconfirmed) Its the STORM PACK and my F1 (Beta) Race Map..... Sue ? Dave ?

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted February 14, 2004 11:23 AM            
lol, aint you got enough members in DNX yet Matrix, how many do ya need : ).

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2