This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Sunday is a fun DDM. Suggestions?
Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 10, 2004 03:10 AM            
Sunday is a fun DDM according to the schedule. What do you want running? (BY definition it IS a stock day). Wanna try Storm Again?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 10, 2004 04:07 AM            
How about the storm pack, but with ppl racing on my F1 map - its not had a release as such yet, and now that the server can be reset each time, there shouldnt been that awful texture map 90 degree twist every other game.

(unless you put it in the config as dedimap about a hundred times, trhat would stop it too since it only rotates the texture (or mirrors it) when it reaches the end of the dedimap list and starts the list again).

Just a thought I know Dave isnt overly happy with the placing of some of the poles, but this map encourages u to cheat a little and allow u the same additonal freedom you find in say Colin McRae Ralley - ie, you can cut corners.... dont cut too much tho or you find yourself having to go back lol ..

Ive had no feedback on it from others yet, this could be a great time to test it out with the public. What say ?

IP:

coaxs
posted February 10, 2004 05:22 AM            
Sounds good, don't know where my old storm install is though.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 10, 2004 12:39 PM            
The MAPS from Storm can be found

Kong is hosting JVortex's old [url=http://bzrpg.ath.cx/html/TM/Index.html]site

but I couldnt' find the STORM download there.
STORM can be found at the Mod-o-palloza : under Packs/Conversions.

As for Matrix's map, the F1. I have a copy of it. I'm sure Matrix still does, too. I'll email a copy to harmless and see if they can't post it on their sites, and put it on the DMF ftp.

edit: those glorious links

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited February 10, 2004).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 10, 2004 12:49 PM            
pfft, working on those links has got to be the most frustrating thing!
Maps for Storm are at this site: http://www.hallsted.us/treadmarks-downloads/mods-maps/index.html

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 10, 2004 12:50 PM            
Kong's hosting of JVortex's site is: http://bzrpg.ath.cx/html/TM/Index.html
More than one link in a post and something screwy happens!
I think the Mod-O-Palloza link is good from that first post Whew!
Edited cause I copied the wrong link

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited February 10, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 11, 2004 12:13 AM            
Yeah ill put it on our ftp sue.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 14, 2004 04:17 PM            
So STORM it is.
Download available as listed in the posts above.
Well do a mixture of some races (F1) and DDM, for variety.
I haven't had a chance to look at the maps again, but I've asked 666 to do that today (yeah, work gets in the way sometimes).

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 14, 2004 04:22 PM            
The F1 map is on Rixy's ftp and if anyone needs it, just send me an email: Susan@hallsted.net and I will get it to you on Sunday am (and will check mail Sunday afternoon and do another round of emailing Sunday before the DDM). The rest of the storm mod is available.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 14, 2004 08:54 PM            
F1 map is here

IP:

harmless
posted February 15, 2004 02:59 AM            
now, we can't let matrix be the only one generously offering the F1 map for download...

oh nevermind... have no mind...

download the F1 storm racer map 1.11MB zipped

you will need this map for the Fun DDM this sunday. but me thinks that's been said already.

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 15, 2004 03:07 AM            
Silly me - cant' do a mixture of racing and DDM in one config file. David's working on it...
Not sure which one it shall be. Oh the suspense of it all

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 15, 2004 06:16 AM            
So do 3 of one and 3 of the other.... or if u wanna kweep it to under 3hrs, set the games at 20 mins each Set the race laps to 3 - OR - do a config swap after 3 of one....

But DO REMEMBER... the ground detail screws up on the F1 race map if you dont use killers new server reset thingy, otherwise youd have to have a looooooooong list of dedimap lines.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 15, 2004 12:50 PM            
It appears that 666 killed the community servers last night by pulling the config file while the server was active (working very late at night causes these things to happen). An email has been sent to LDA Jim, but its the weekend and he deserves time with his family, so I'm not sure the servers will get restarted.

Sooooo, we are back to the LDA stock server or if someone has a server worthy of STORM, let us know ASAP!

IP:

posted February 15, 2004 12:57 PM            
Er...hmmm...well, the server is no it up. I have tried launching other servers and they do come up...so see you at LDA then.

------------------
Queen, may I always be your King…signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 15, 2004 02:55 PM            
Ive put up a temporary F1 Race map server for tonight. 5 player, 5 Team. Thx to Kv for testing ~ av ping is 270.

Its a tonight ONLY thing though, hard to maintain it plus the forums and ftp. Ill be on it around 1:30am GMT (8:30 Est)... hope to see you on it. Youll need STORM and the F1 Map. downloads are below:

STORM Is At Mod-o-Plooza
F1 Map - F1 Map Mirror

IP:

posted February 15, 2004 08:25 PM            
Well it up now...so come and join.

------------------

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 15, 2004 08:39 PM            
i wished you could get this right . ive downloaded the pack and the maps and unziped then in tm dir. the link in the zip dose not work .

IP:

Irascible
posted February 15, 2004 09:30 PM            
The same sort of lag happened when we did 85 on the commy server. Are we still getting access to Par's server? That might be the only way to have a decent time playing elaborate mods.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 15, 2004 10:07 PM            
I dunno ppl that played tonight seemed to have fun
http://www.dmf.kicks-ass.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=tm;action=display;num=1076900265

IP:

posted February 15, 2004 11:47 PM            
Unfortunately, until further notice Par's server will not be available.

The problem with Strom is there is too much happening. A car blows up and 4 active meshes (wheels) and 4-6 static meshes (car sharpal) come off, and they all do damage. Multiply that by number of time you get fragged and ...well...you have lag city.

Also, the race maps are too complex. That is why I chose to have the strom as a DDM and not racing. I would love to see the strom cars and weapons use the stock race maps. That would be very cool. Just may do that for the 5th Sunday coming up.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 16, 2004 12:11 AM            
Well ... what can i say...... i missed the whole shooting match...... nobody thought to tell me the community servers were back up, so i sat on my own race server...... alone.... for an hour and a half..... while every1 was having a ball elsewhere.

Do me a favour...... dont do me any more favours. Everytime ppl promise to setup and run my maps or mods theres always some critical problem and distinct lack of information - its starting to feel very personal.

Please dont run any more of my mods on any servers, if i want it doing ill do it myself.... and you can count on me not doing it. My mods are best kept on my own computer where the only things to use em, always use em ...... AI's.

No false promises, and no miscommunications. I wipe my hands of ddm's races and fun ddm's. Waste of sodding time.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 16, 2004 12:48 AM            
I think you've figured it out by now Matey, but I was referring to Storm. There was enough teleportation going on there to put a Star Trek convention to shame.

And to the other matter, I believe the term is called "miscommunication". It could even be "misunderstanding". But whatever it was, it wasn't an ill intentioned slight towards you. Given who we're talking about, you should know better.

Now on the other hand, If I were admin - well... slights would abound.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 16, 2004 03:24 AM            
ok people . youve got to make this ez'er it took me an hour to figer how to get the st racer maps and tanks and stuff to work in tm . please post info about this prier to game so we can read and not get left out in the UNCOOL DARK . im not to smart and alot zips rite by , but i know when something is to hard to do . this fun ddm storm racer thing is to hard to figer out . what if a 12 year old boy wanted to play ? how is he to figer it out ??? please post derictions . you guys are better then this .

IP:

Irascible
posted February 16, 2004 03:41 AM            
GBV

Move your existing addon folder from your TM folder to some place safe. Drag and drop the addons folder in the storm pack into your TM folder. That's it. When you're done playing Storm Racer get rid of the new addon folder and put the old one back in.

All that is in the instructions. The instuctions work IF you unzip the pack first.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2