------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

harmless
posted February 09, 2004 03:40 AM            
well, i wanted to try an experiment.

TM runs on my linux computer, and irfan image viewer works pretty well too. and with the irfan image viewer, you can do a series of timed screen captures.

so i set the timer to take a screen capture every 10 seconds, and then i showed up at the birthday bash.

i then made a series of web albums of the reuslts.

birthday bash index web albums

it's like... i suppose... whatever...
but it was interesting, yet i don't think i'll be doing that again. it was playable though. my xandros linux computer has PIII 500MHz, 512MB PC100 RAM, and a geforce3 TI 500 64MB

one can also download the albums, if the mood moves you. they are rather large, about 22MB each one. each screen capture is my desktop at 1280x960, with TM in a window at 1024x768.

ok some math...
one screen capture every 10 seconds, with 20 minute games, 1 minute lead in and out, plus connection time.... gave me 138 pictures for each game i played. 120 + 6 + 6 + 6

nevermind

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

posted February 09, 2004 09:33 AM            
Very cool...will view when I get home...cant do it here at work. Thanks goodiness I am friends with the IT persons here. Even if they are control freaks...LOL

Sorry to all you IT people out there...I know you are only doing your job...LOL

------------------
Queen, may I always be your King…signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 09, 2004 01:55 PM            
I have four frags in the second game and I wasn't even around. I guess I ought to thank my Daughter for keeping me out of last place.

I am surprised that I ended up with more kills than deaths in the 1st and 3rd game, especially the 1st, since I ended up with ping spikes of 2K or better and I don't think I ever got below 400.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted February 09, 2004 03:10 PM            
Sorry to hear that, but I thought as well. With that many player, dialup are hard pressed to play. What you might want to do is set you game option low, like 600x420. I went from 1078x780 to 800x600 and had very little lag compared to my higher setting.

I have no ideal how I did so well. Shutup Ras. I was spending 1/2 my time running for a weapon. No comment Coax.

And I thought the event was under attended. Where was Sup, Grind, Ni, Thud, Mex, Fbunny, GA, 242, Marmarlizer, and a few others that I could think of. Next time we need to get the word out sooner and better. I will try to do better next time.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 09, 2004 09:29 PM            
Ni currently doesnt have net access, Grind was working early in the morning and was probably in bed - dont forget that event is 1 in the morning for us brits; and they both work.

I cant speak for bam or throckmorten or TBIKingTiger, or Goku or any of the other DNX's because i havent asked.

IP:

posted February 10, 2004 12:33 AM            
Going to talk to harmless to see if he can put the pics to a slide show and music. Who knows...it may be a hit...LOL

------------------

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 10, 2004 01:01 AM            
I had just figured that WOOT was GA.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Irascible
posted February 10, 2004 03:06 AM            
WTF(udge) you talkin bout 666? I'm exceedingly HAPPY you did well. The next time you complain about stock maps lacking weapon points, we have a screen shot that proves otherwise. :^p

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 10, 2004 04:08 AM            
And he was right - there was no bitchin* i was very impressed that ppl held their tongues during the once a year event, even tho spawn fraggin occurred en-mass. Thank you.

IP:

Neo
posted February 10, 2004 04:11 AM            
CEASE FIRE

IP:

Irascible
posted February 10, 2004 04:51 AM            
Bleh.

------------------
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane and smells like Cheetah."
-a famous ex-president

IP:

Paranor
posted February 10, 2004 08:30 PM            
I swear that I had to press SHIFT-CTRL P to get a print screen and thus had to fire a few grenades.

ANd Ras, what is "bleh" and where were you?

IP:

posted February 10, 2004 10:22 PM            
Please...he was Woot.

------------------

IP:

posted February 10, 2004 10:27 PM            
Talk about sp@wn fr@gging. The reason I did not win the Bull map was because I was sp@wn fr@gged 3 times in a row landing in the "S" shape part. And talk about those prefect race maps being ruined by all that fire power.

Which reminds me...Ifrit racing this Thursday...be there for the most intense racing ever.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 10, 2004 11:10 PM            
Yeah. And my placement in the first game was because of El Nino.

This is funny 666. With Coax, Harmless, Par and myself there, you'd normally be lucky to win just one. Now you're lamenting that one wasn't good enough and that you almost had two. And then you blame the map for the lack of a second win. HA! Your stubborn determination to prove your point is causing you to call a VERY good showing a bad one.

BTW, congrats on the good showing. :^p

IP:

posted February 11, 2004 12:29 AM            
You know, someone should pull the keyboard out of my hands more often. Hey, I am sorry for complaining. I still do not know how I pulled it off. I fact I feel very stupid for complianing. Hey, I am sorry again.

About the only thing that I don't complain about is racing....oh by the way. Did I mention that modded racing with the ifrit is this Thursday. See you there.

Yes, no more complaint from me.

IP:

posted February 11, 2004 12:33 AM            
oh...thx Ras for the rare compliment and putting me in my place.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 11, 2004 12:39 AM            
looks like I was doomed to 2 second place finishes.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

coaxs
posted February 11, 2004 12:42 AM            
at least I had a better frags-death. :P

IP:

Irascible
posted February 11, 2004 01:10 AM            
Yeah. I was putting you in your first place.

Hmm. While technically right, it just seems so wrong. ;^)

IP:

harmless
posted February 11, 2004 05:07 PM            
well, after talking to my brother, 666, he wants to be lazy, and that's ok by me.
[ clicking through all of those web albums was tiring out his fingers, lol ] he wanted a slideshow of all of the pics... but he wanted music with it.... hmmm, could not find any windows freeware that did that, so i turned to my iMac, iPhoto, and quicktime.

so i took 424 screen pics, out of the 428 total, batched cropped them with irfan, and made a quicktime movie out of it.

download the quicktime movie 39MB zipped

each slide lasts 3 seconds, so total length is about 21 minutes.

i really need to find a job

toodles,
harmless

oops, i forgot to add that if you get a message that your quicktime might not be able to play because something is missing, just ignore it and click to continue, it worked just fine on my win98 computer.

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

[This message has been edited by harmless (edited February 11, 2004).]

IP:

posted February 18, 2004 01:44 AM            
Excellent. All should view the slide show for the chat lines. One starts to remember all the different events that happen during the games.

I am even thinking of doing it.

Nice work harmless...glad that I am lazy...LOL

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?

IP: