|
Author Topic:   Modded Race Ladder, Thursday, 12 February, 8PM Pacific…Racing with the ifrit
posted February 08, 2004 12:02 PM            
Yesssssssss...this is going to be most excellent..that is if the server can keep up with it. This will be racing at its best and hardest.

It will be 4 laps….yes….4 laps of burly vision of gates flying and trees smashing ecstasy.

I had to increase it to 4 laps because the race would end before it even started.

Thanks to GBV, we have different skins to choose from...very cool.

For the 1st few Modder race ladder event we will only use the ifrit to see how it goes.

The skins are not up yet, but will be soon. Get them at my link below in my sig line.

I will be setting this up on Par’s server tonite. I am hoping that his server can keep up this the race.

The race point will count for the race ladder of both the stock and modded race ladder.

There will be separate best lap times for the stock and modded race ladder.

Yes, every race won will be setting a new best lap time. You will need to get the screen shoots and send them to me for verification and posting.

I will be posting a how to get the screen shots later.

------------------
Queen, may I always be your King…signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

posted February 08, 2004 12:39 PM            
Well the ifrit may be fast and heavy, but can flip. And then you are dead. Typically, the ifrit will only flip from a jump not a weapon hitting you.

What to do when you are flipped?
· Stay in the race path, if I come by you I will ram you hard and that should flip you over. Not a soft hit a hard hit is needed.
· Use a medium slope to flip oneself over. Will need to do it along the side of the tank, not the front or the back. The tank is too heavy to flip over that way.
· Pray that a ow or quad missile hits you. That will turn you over.

The ramp is a death trap for the ifrit. And the in the luge you will flip over and back all the time. Please do not quit if you are flipped. Just try you best to right youself.

Oh, this is another reason I had to extend the lap qty to 4. If you flip, you have time to right yourself and still race.

------------------

IP:

Teulk
posted February 08, 2004 01:14 PM            
Was under the impression that Ifrit races would only count towards a "modded ladder"...oh well. won't matter to myself---can't be there this week or next...have a blast..

IP:

posted February 09, 2004 11:47 AM            
Sorry for the confussion Teulk. Ladder points are ladder points, whether they are from the modded or stock racing, they will still count to a 100 weapon exchange.

But the best lap time will need to be separate. The ifrit will cut in 1/2 the lap time of many of the stock best lap times.

And another note: I am having GBV redo the names of the ifrits skins, so the GBV downloads for the ifrits are not here yet.

So hold on tight, you should see the skins...they are all very cool.

------------------

IP:

posted February 10, 2004 10:32 PM            
Just a reminder to get practicing...It's this Thursday...so be ready. Yes, it is still 4 laps, but it goes by quickly...actually too quickly.

------------------

IP:

harmless
posted February 12, 2004 02:59 AM            
ok, this is the download that my bro was waiting for.... for you to download, that is.
modded racing at its finest!! the ifrit tank now has many different colors!!

download ifrit skins 2.28MB zipped

satisfy that itchy clicker finger.. click.. click.. click away into download bliss!!!

so... what have you downloaded today?

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

posted February 12, 2004 03:08 AM            
The race ladder server is up. Unfortunately, I can not change the name of the server because the way Boomstick is setup to control the server launching.

But it is up and ready to go...oh yes....

------------------

IP:

posted February 12, 2004 09:32 AM            
YES! MODDED RACING IS HERE!

To ifrit or not to ifrit...that is the question?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 12, 2004 12:59 PM            
If your going to race tonight it had better be "to Ifrit".

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted February 12, 2004 03:56 PM            
OK, as hard as I tired there is still a tank left out of the download. Please visit the link in my sig for the Blue Cole ifrit tank. Hopefully, if all download it this mistake will go away.

And Yes I am excited about tonite also.

Hopefully it will be there. I will ICQ all with the link when it gets up.

------------------

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 12, 2004 06:04 PM            
I do not see a Blue Cole ifrit download on your sig. Hide it somewhere? Also having the skins hopefully makes the ifrit show up since I do not see any download for the ifrit itself. Ok - the ifrit does show up properly and I downloaded the file harmless pointed to below. It still does not show up the Blue Cole - missing a texture somewhere it looks like.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited February 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited February 12, 2004).]

IP:

harmless
posted February 12, 2004 06:07 PM            
ok,

according to 666, this is now a proper download and contains all relevant files.

download ifrit tank skins 2.28MB

flipping ifrits are better than flipping pancakes... unless you add bacon and sausage and butter and home made maple syrup! yum!

toodles,
harmless

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 12, 2004 07:37 PM            
The download from harmless has been updated with the Ifrit-blue-cole bitmap so the download is now compelte. I have removed the link that I had here and removed the file from its download loaction - if you need it get it from harmless download site.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited February 13, 2004).]

IP:

posted February 12, 2004 08:42 PM            
Thank you for helping me out Sailor...I owe you.

------------------

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted February 12, 2004 08:51 PM            
ok this got scrued up . what are we gona do ?
what are people gona down load ?

i asked harmless to remove the blue cole ent from the zip. he did . thanks .

666 has got a cool bit map to go with the ent .

so what do we do ?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 12, 2004 09:13 PM            
Download the skins and the file from my link and install both to your racing install and it will all work. Now is that not easy. Both zips are set to install to the base TM directory that has your racing stuff and go into the proper place if you unzip with use paths checked.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 13, 2004 12:23 AM            
Sorry I left people. My tank got pocessed and despite kicking up dust it wouldnt move (and I was finally upside right). After that a non-self created self destruct (a death wish I didnt 'do) let me know that tonight was not for me and racing.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 13, 2004 12:45 PM            
Did anyone else need the acetylsalicylic acid after last night, or was it just me. I guess it could have had something to do with the dial-up connection. I noticed my ping was wavering between 300 and 400, instead of the steady 300 that I usually get to enjoy.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited February 13, 2004).]

IP:

posted February 13, 2004 02:37 PM            
I was wondering how you would fair. I was trying to get the Race ladder on a more stable server but it fail through for now. I will continue to see if other servers are available for the larger showings.

As for the racing...well...let say I don't puffer fish anymore during racing as I did in DDM's. In fact, I don't think I even breathe or blink or think...everything is just happening so fast I only have time to stare at the screen in a transcendental state.

Yes...it was very cool.

Though I will admit that the other racers did not practice much so...I...er took most of the finishes. Sorry about that. I would think the way to get the other racer better at the ifrit would be to have the event more often. But I think that once a month will do for now.

Again thx to GBV for the ifrit skins, Sailor for the help with the blue cole bmp, and harmless or his tireless help with posting all my stuff.

------------------

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 15, 2004 08:38 PM            
I don't know about the others but I can normally handle the Ifrit just fine, single player at least, but it just seemed to be going all over the place for me. What's more I ended up with a roaring headache.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP: