|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder…Modded tank racing…ifrit tank
posted January 29, 2004 09:52 AM            
Yes…yes…yes…it is time to introduce modded tanks to the race arena. But…and I say it LOUDLY…there will not be a mix of the stock and modded racing and results.

Why?

The ifrit tanks kicks butt on all other tanks. The ifrit is the best racing tank out there. It will cut the best lap times in half…yes…in half. It is highly stable, extremely fast, excellent slider, but don’t flip it upside down…it is so heavy that it extremely hard to right itself. But can you imagine going 250 mph in the straights…OH BABY GIVE ME THAT TANK….er…sorry…just been racing the ifrit against other AI’s with ifrit’s and it is just too sweet.

So, when can I use the modded tanks for racing?

We will need to set aside separate days for racing with modded tanks. Let’s say February 19th for the 1st day with racing with the ifrit. After that, the Modded race ladder will be open to all modded tanks. The race ladder stats for points will be the same for both stock and modded. There will be a separate best lap time for the modded from the stock. Also we will increase the number of laps from 2 to 4…yes…4 because it goes by too quick to only have 2 laps…LOL.

But under no circumstance are there to be racing with stock and modded. New skins can be allowed for the stock tank. In fact, GBV’s new skins are at the race ladder for downloading and they are very cool.

I repeat.

If any modded tank is used in the stock racing other, than the skins on the stock tanks, that racer’s results will be thrown out. All the other racers results will still count.

All comments are welcomed.

------------------
Queen, may I always be your King…signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

A2597
posted January 29, 2004 11:39 AM            
agreed. no modded tanks for the race ladder, unless all agree that lap times won't count. All racers should agree on if a modded tank can be used. If they all agree, then the race ladder points can be distributed as normal, but lap times won't count.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 29, 2004 01:59 PM            
Hehe, there should be a separate Ifrit race lap record kept. It'll be fun to see what that baby can do, but certainly not against stock tanks.

IP:

posted January 29, 2004 02:34 PM            
Hmmm...maybe I was not clear. I do want modded tanks for racing. Instead of 4 Thursday in a month of stock racing, there will be 3 of stock and 1 of modded to start.

The ladder point will be the same for both the modded or stock.

The best lap times will be separate for the modded and stock.

What I am hoping will happen is for racers to start tweaking thier own race cars for competition. The sky is the limit on modded race ladder.

So, the 1st modded race ladder event will be on Thursday 19th of February. This should give all enough time to get use to the ifrit tank.

And thank you Cyber for the suggestion.

------------------

IP:

posted January 29, 2004 03:06 PM            
Another note, the ifrit tank can outrun the quad missile, which is a remake of the cruise. The ow missle will get it though and the Star wars also. I think it is just as fast a pure chaos.

Yes...the modded race ladder will be speed hungry...OH YEAH!

------------------

IP:

John B.
posted January 29, 2004 03:32 PM         
Why don't we just use Storm Racer for a modded day. It is really well thought out to give a good racing experience.

IP:

A2597
posted January 29, 2004 09:33 PM            
NOTHING outruns an OW missile.

I'd imagion the Speed missile could hit it as well.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted January 29, 2004 10:29 PM            
i love it. Yeah !

IP:

posted January 31, 2004 04:44 AM            
Been testing the ifrit with 3 others on the server and it can handle it. So, get a practicing with it. It is a blast.

Note that the modded race ladder will be 4, yes 4 laps long.

The modded race ladder is for serious racers.
In time, the racers will tweak their tanks and the times will drop even more.

I am going to move the modded race ladder up from the 19 to the 12th. Yes the 12th. I can not wait that long to race the ifrit.

So start practicing with it. If you want the racer server I run has the ifrit ready to use on it with all the modded weapons. So go and try it out.

------------------

IP: