|
Author Topic:   More Irish Blessings - search for
wolfman
posted January 26, 2004 05:15 PM            
My long loved Aunt Bev is going through the pending death of her beloved Al. Though he is new to me, her first husband Uncle Jime passed away years ago and Bev was blessed to find a new love and marriage with Al. He has been taken off all IV's and meds and will only have morphine and oxygen. My Aunt Bev has been there for me and my family for years with a kind heart and full spirit. The email I got today had the Irish Blessing that you Cyber have in your tag. I would like to find a few more so that I can send them to her along with my prayers. Any help from one and all would be most appreciative. Thanks all. John

IP:

synack
posted January 26, 2004 08:16 PM         
Your family is in my thoughts, John.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 26, 2004 09:06 PM            
This one has a some very good ones, many of them could be a comfort. http://islandireland.com/Pages/folk/sets/bless.html

And here is another. http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/irish.html

Here is another good site. http://homepages.tesco.net/~derek.berger/holidays/irishblessings.html

Here is another Irish Blessing that I really like.

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure he must be knowing.
The earth has angels all too few.
And heaven is overflowing.

May God Bless you and your family in this time, and may he hold you in the palms of his hands.
CC

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 27, 2004 02:51 AM            
The best comfort Bev and Al can have is the love of their family. While this has got to be one of the hardest things one ever has to do in one's life, allowing a loved one to pass on, without prolonging the illness, is one of the most unselfish acts one can do. Al has been very lucky himself to find a woman like Bev, who can do this for him. Sounds like they have already been blessed. I hope you find some more wonderful, uplifting blessing for Bev's (and your) comfort. My thoughts, and feelings, go out to yours.
-Susan

IP:

wolfman
posted January 27, 2004 06:35 AM            
Thanks to everyone that has responded and to those that haven't and still have us in their thoughts. Was tough for me since I wanted to go visit out of respect and love for my aunt and uncle but they did not want any more visitors since Al was getting sicker and they weren't even sure if he was recognizing them when they were there. Have respected their wishes and after the funeral in Wisconsin when he passes they will be doing a service here for him. That I can go to. Again, thanks to all for keeping us in your prayers.

PS
And you are so very right that Al has been blessed that Bev will let him go instead of dragging it out for months and months. He went from a Diabetic Coma, then problems from a blood disease he has, to systemic Sepsis. I do know he will go to a better bless. Thank you all and God Bless. John

IP:

wolfman
posted January 27, 2004 09:53 PM            
He has passed - more blessings needed for funeral. Al has passed today. Thank God Bev had the Wisdom to keep his last days only on Oxygen and Morphine. I am trying to find funeral speciific Blessings to send. Any help would be most appreciative. He is definitely in a better and more peaceful place. John

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 28, 2004 06:24 PM            
Remembered Joy
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!
I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

In Time of Sorrow...
May you see God's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone.

May God's peace and comfort be with your Aunt and the rest of you family during this time. I wish I could do more for you, but I hope these blessings will help.

CC

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited January 28, 2004).]

IP: