|
Author Topic:   Where did this hole in the ground come from?
Irascible
posted January 20, 2004 03:48 AM            
All of the weapons on 85 have had their terrain deformation severely limited. Yet every once in a while I'll come across this hole. The dark side is sloped at a very constant angle. The rippled edge of it has a cliff like angle. I have no clue what weapon is doing it. Any ideas?

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted January 21, 2004 05:16 PM            
Could it be the new J,C,B mod? Personally i cant see the point, why would someone creat a mod that just went about digging holes.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 22, 2004 12:15 AM            
Is it one particular map?

IP:

KONG
posted January 22, 2004 12:28 AM            
I dont know but you look awfully silly falling into it

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 22, 2004 12:43 AM            
Bonzo: Have you ever heard of the Mining Guild? Thats all we do: Dig holes

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted January 22, 2004 03:32 AM            
hehe, Dug a few for myself.

IP:

synack
posted January 22, 2004 07:08 AM         
Mining was fun.

You had to stay on your toes when Dudy was there with you though. Every once in a while, he'd get this evil, cookie-dough-induced grin on his face, and he'd shove a nuke where the sun don't shine.

IP:

posted January 22, 2004 09:23 AM            
I agree. Before I went on line I would play the missile training map like a miner. I would nuke all the spawn points to the lowest level and then flower power them all to the highest point. In the end there would be this high plateau with these dummy tanks on it. Mind you, my mining was nuke powered...LOL

------------------
Ntus, the server ain't up...signed Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 22, 2004 10:27 AM            
back to topic

I don't think its a single weapon. There is no natural way of creating that kind of deformation just from the parameters of a weapon. It seems to me as if you may have a weapon that has no crater parameters. I've noticed that every once and a while if TM detonates a projectile that is missing crater parameters, it does some odd things. For example, I forgot to put

crater = 0
depth = 0

for the TeamCTF flamethrower weapon's projectile. And every now and so ofter it would produce a 1 meter in diameter spike at random heights (or 1 meter holes of random depths). Putting those 2 lines in fixed the problem.

Apparently there may be a bug in TM that sometimes doesn't initialize the crater parameters to zero if they are not specified in the ent file.

You might want to check that out.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 22, 2004 10:30 AM            
oh, another possibility is that if you fire the wave motion cannon at just the right altitude and angle, you may generate something similar. But I never seen it make one so small size wise. I seen it do it, but the ramp is a couple of hundred meters long.
But this only can happen if you are flying at nosebleed level, not a few meters off the ground.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited January 22, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 22, 2004 10:38 AM            
quote:
Where did this hole in the ground come from?

- Maybe u rented it from the Grand Canyon !! Maybe its a sculpture of my mouth too Hmmmm....

IP:

Irascible
posted January 23, 2004 05:39 AM            
That wave motion cannon theory sounds plausible. My version of it could make a hole that small because of its toned down settings.

IP: