|
Author Topic:   Following the Birthday Bash
=DNX= Matrix
posted January 16, 2004 09:08 AM            
Id like to do a DOMINATION MAP Event.

Who thinks this would be a good idea, and attend ?

Reminded, Dom maps are TEAM BASED MAPS wher each team fights for domination of areas of the map, be that a nuke checkpoint, goldbox checkpoint or all the health.

WARNING : TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED IF U DONT WANT TO LOOSE.

What say ye ?

(edit : thats goldbox not godbox lol)

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited January 16, 2004).]

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted January 16, 2004 01:35 PM            
im there what time .

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 16, 2004 01:56 PM            
Immediately after however many games we do for the birthday bash - either i can close my apache server and run a game server for 3 games, or we can have some1 with better bandwidth host it - either way ill make the maps download available in plenty-of-time-readiness IF theres a few up for it - but we need at least 10 ppl so we have 2 teams of 5.

Less than that and it wont be worth it.

IP:

coaxs
posted January 16, 2004 02:52 PM            
I'll be there.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted January 16, 2004 05:10 PM            
sounds like fun.

how does one keep score? something built into the map?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 16, 2004 08:00 PM            
If possible I will be there.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

wolfman
posted January 16, 2004 08:25 PM            
Sounds good to me if work works out lol JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 16, 2004 10:30 PM            
I figured i can host a max of 8 ppl - but it will be a little laggy... wonder if its possible to set up a community server for it ?

Keeping score - the usual tm way - most kills per team... if u like we can use boomstick to do a kills minus deaths score... either way - it is supposed to be mayhem, most ppl that play my domination maps loose their rag in frustration of dying so much lol .... course, they do smile a hell of a lot when they reach the goal and start dealing out the same burning torture

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 17, 2004 12:13 PM            
Matrix, I just learned that we have ftp access to LDA servers again, so YES, a community server can be set up for that game.
What I am thinking is to use LDA for the birthday bash; One of the community server set ups with stock weapons/tanks, but clan maps (and sure, those sso tanks, too). If we hold the domination event on the LDA server as well, we would have to stop one server and start up another. Log scan can do this, but IIRC if someone is connecting as log scan is trying to shut down, the old server will stay up AND the new server will be launched. You want LAG for everyone - you just got it!
So, LDA for Seumas's birthday, and lets use PAR'S server for the domination event.
Matrix, let me (and the rest of the community) know what maps you want on, and if you want the Anarchy weapons, too? Either David or I can set up Par's server for this.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 17, 2004 12:14 PM            
Oh, and I will plan on being there! I'll try to make a full 3 games, but will have to do something with the family for supper....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 17, 2004 02:02 PM            
Basicly the Domination maps are part of the anarchy pack - so if everyone grabs the anarchy pack and patch they will have everything they need to play. The server config is just regular maps edited out and domination ones set as dedi... theres only a few so it wount be a tough config, just needs to be 2 teams is all.

I may shove some bz tanks in a separate DL if it gets more ppl interested. Ill make sure they are ready for use on these maps gravity, which is close to stock but not quite.

Be Warned tho - if you havent got a headache after the birthday bash - u will after domination lol ......

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited January 17, 2004).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 18, 2004 05:16 AM            
*shakes head* Matrix, you gotta give people a URL to download from....
Anarchy Addon
Anarchy Patch

IP:

Irascible
posted January 18, 2004 07:07 AM            
Anarchy: Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.
Teamwork: Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal.
Fun: A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.
Irascible: One who gets himself in trouble by pointing out the obvious.

Anarchy may be fun. Fun is relative. I played an anarchy map a few hours ago. I lucked out and spawned on top of the cruise spawn point and took out the player there before he could turn around. That was fun. My team won - as a result of teamwork? Nay. As a result of luck? Aye. Was it fun for the other human that got fragged up the butt literally 15 times in a row in as many minutes? Ask him.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 18, 2004 07:53 AM            
And there within lies the challenge my friend to get to the cruisepoint ... as well u know theres ways to avoid cruises - for example, they have a fairly wide turning arc, my main tactic is to drive toward em and veer off at the last minute - also because of this arc, if u dig a deem enough hole (240mm, dig drill etc) and sit in it - cruises are totally innefective.

NOW THEN

Say u work ur way to a Chaos, or Airstrike or Plasma Cannon - u take out the guy on the cruise checkpoint, dominate it and give him a taste of what he's been dishin out

Like i said lol - ANARCHY !! hehe its just a better battle with full teams because with 10 cruises in the air and a team of 5 u have a 1 on 2 chance of being hit - u have a 4 in 5 better chance to reach a good weapon, all the cruises arent aimed at you

-

Try the Bunker wars map - loads of power weapons inside the fort - BUT when they hit, the just build up the defences of the team outside - and they have the health lol ....

It's just a very different style of play - once u get into it its much more demanding than stock

PS: on Dom Hells Bells . despite how it looks, some cruises do impact on the cage walls - thats what thyre there for - also u note the cruise is way out there, its on its own, no health nr it, all that stuffs inside the cage - so say u get a cruise, run to the goldbox and heath in the middle , u have 2 teams throwing LOADS of cruises around - LMAO - TOTAL ANARCHY !!!!

*Slaps Ras for pointing out the obvious*

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 18, 2004 07:56 AM            
ps:

Anarchy: Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.
- When 10 ppl spawn randomly on a map, they first have to figure out - are they defending the fort, or attacking it - blah blah blah, till ppl figure that out - ANARCHY

Teamwork: Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal.
- The goal is o end the game with your team in front with kills

Fun: A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure. - If u dont enjoy sitting in a cruise checkpoint watching ur score go thru the roof, u deserve to go out and buy a copy of Jimmy White Snooker

IP:

synack
posted January 18, 2004 08:17 AM         
Those links aren't working for me.

I get a '403 Forbidden'.

IP:

synack
posted January 18, 2004 08:29 AM         
Never mind. Got 'em to work.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 25, 2004 09:35 PM            
BUMP REMINDER - bout 2 weeks to go - every1 make sure u have downloaded and installed BOTH Anarchy and its patch.

The server Op will take care of the rest.

IP: