|
Author Topic:   85 Wpns Server
wolfman
posted January 10, 2004 06:27 AM            
The newer wpns I mentioned were - mpod wpn, shock cannon wpn. zentraidi assault, and sam wpn - go to Killer's Boomstick site and check them out. Check back with you later.
JT

IP:

Irascible
posted January 10, 2004 07:47 AM            
As you may recall, one of the important aspects of my server is to make all the weapons downloadable by the server. So the Sam weapon is not an option. There's no way to mimic a dragon's head (that I know of) with stock TM files.

The mpod is not as bad, but it's still not an option for now. I could mimic the missles. But the launcher that Killer made with the opening doors is just too cool. Any 85weapon's compatible luancher that I could come up with would look like crap in comparison.

I could come up with a craptastic version of the shock cannon. The launcher would be a huge visual downgrade - much more so than was my version of the wave motion cannon. Take a look at Killer's original launcher for the wave motion cannon compared to mine. While I think I did a good job of coming up with something pretty, his looks way better.

That's the sacrifice you have to make to make it downloadable by the server. And, my pathetic skills being what they are, it takes me too much time to consider doing it at the moment. Maybe some day though.

The good news is that the zentreadi will be on 85 within a week or less. Why? Because it's already based on stock TM files. So I don't need to do much to it. Hopefully Killer will forgive me for altering it just a bit to make it compatible with the 85 server theme.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 10, 2004 11:44 AM            
YOu can alter anything I created to you hearts content, I don't mind at all.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 11, 2004 03:29 AM            
Your pathetic skills are way ahead of mine Ras... I never got my head around weapons at all.

IP:

Irascible
posted January 11, 2004 06:53 AM            
So we all agree that my modding skills are pathetic. Excellent.

The Ras-terized version of Zentreadi is now on 85.

Killer,
Any ideas why Zentreadi leaves the blue orb in place after it has gone off? So far it has only happened online. When I was originally setting up 85, there was a couple of weapons that got cut because they left that type of ghost. DasMirvII was one of them.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 13, 2004 12:19 PM            
I'll take a look. Its probably the secent hanging around again.

And your skills are not pathetic

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited January 13, 2004).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 13, 2004 12:34 PM            
I changed the secent from a mesh class to an explosphere class and set the timetolive to 20 seconds. This should fix it for now.

Dunno why there are problems with the secent on servers. They're suppose to disappear with the parent weapon. :/

IP:

Irascible
posted January 13, 2004 05:12 PM            
Thanks. I'll update it pretty soon.

FYI, my version's basic difference is less terrain deformation and toned down spewers. With all the god weapons on my server, if I left them all at default deformation I'd have no map left and unmanageable lag. That, plus a little extra kick to the weapon owner when it gets set off - just for fun.

IP: