This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

|
Author Topic:   TM Mod Pack continued
Sailor
Administrator
posted January 08, 2004 07:24 PM            
Wanted to get the thread back on the base track. If anyone wishes to put something into the mod pack - tank (not a remake of stock tank), weapon (can be variation of stock but with different name, texturing and functionality or new/existing modded weapon), or a map then please provide information here and we can get together on how to get it to me for inclusion.
I am working toward putting this out to LDA by the end of this month or sometime in February depending on what has to be done to get it all together. I am aiming at providing high quality mods that you and new users will appreciate as additions to the stock TM environment (or any modded environment you wish to setup). You have created some terrific things out there that can be appreciated by all and we want to show new users that TM is still moving forward with NEW things still becoming available while we all wait on the next version of TM (I know I want to see a new version) so put your best foot forward and let's put out a mod pack that we can all appreciate and be proud of for ourselves, LDA, and all new users.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 09, 2004 12:36 AM            
Currently I have about 21 maps that will go into the new mod pack. This includes maps in all three categories (CTF, DM, and Race). I have a commitment for a couple of weapons and discussions about some tanks. We need a few more weapons and tanks that will be new/not stock redo's. If anyone has favorites of some of the tanks that have already been made by others or yourself then let me know. We could include some of the uncompleted LDA tanks that have been completed by others with Jim's permission, but that is a requirement if that is to be an option. Of course they would have to be completed and textured to make them final quality tanks if we want them in the mod pack. Let me know your thoughts.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

posted January 09, 2004 01:28 AM            
I vote for the shockwave, mortar, and 240 mm cannon...I would have to think about the rest of them.

IP:

A2597
posted January 09, 2004 07:52 AM            
I'm hoping to include the crowd pleasing flamer.
(Ala a slightly modified HQ Flamer, in the way that it is fully animated)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted January 09, 2004 12:46 PM            
iv gota couple of tanks that are nice ... i think... i could provide them.

------------------
Um? Well if I could think of one id put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 09, 2004 05:15 PM            
So fixing a stock tank so that it shoots like it looks doesn't count.

, ok,

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 09, 2004 08:54 PM            
Anything that is not just a rehash of something stock in LDA that is currently used like a couple of new tanks would be nice TBI. Let me know how to get them or just send them to my email - hopefully not too large. Oh yes A2597 and I spoke about the modified flamer - it will be different than LDA's standard flamer, but based on it with high res graphics as some I am sure remember. It should be a nice addition.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 09, 2004 08:57 PM            
Sorry Vor if I put a kink in what you were doing. Like I said perhaps some of the unfinished tanks in TM could be completed with Jim's OK and added into the mod pack. Nice texturing and anything else that might be needed. Of course Jim may have specific plans for those unfinished models so it would be up to him.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted January 09, 2004 10:29 PM            
I sent you my first tank for now. ill provide a couple more later if its good enough.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 09, 2004 11:30 PM            
TBI if you cannot send the file via mail for whatever reason catch me on ICQ and you can send it that way. The email I got did not have an attachment.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted January 10, 2004 05:26 PM            
well this sucks . ive been bust'n ass on those tanks . i would realy like for you to just think a little more on this . maybe you could use tank 17 0ld . i could work it up .
at least let me do some thing . i want to . but all i know how to do is change the colors cut and paste or a little ent tweek . give me a chance . please .

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted January 10, 2004 10:06 PM            
GBV you can post your new Tank textures as new tanks textures for the community im sure they will be accepted alot more as a seperat thing and i know they are anticipated. Im look forward to see them my self

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 10, 2004 10:35 PM            
I second that remark TBI.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 10, 2004 11:08 PM            
GBV - I only wanted to let you know that we cannot replace stock TM items. Like I said perhaps something with the unfinished tanks - skins for some of them with the entity tweaks required to make them show up. With Jim's OK that might be a doable thing. The primary point is that the mod pack is additions to TM not remaking stock TM to look different. If you do the tank skins and post them I am sure people will use them. I would like to see them myself, I just cannot put them in the mod pack at the current time.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted January 12, 2004 01:55 AM            
sailor

i will do tank 10 if thats all right . and ill ask jim if we can use it in the mod pack . thanks .

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 12, 2004 05:54 PM            
GBV - since tank skins are basically ent file overrides to the stock skins they are not truly modifications of the stock objects (mainly the tank). We could add in some tank skins for the stock tanks I think. As long as we do not change the tanks in any way. The original tanks skin changes for a few tanks came from JVortex. Very cool and they do not effect a player who has stock skins only when you play together since they see the stock skins and only those with the skins installed see the altered skins.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted January 12, 2004 09:21 PM            
iv finished another tank for the pack. Any time your on ill send it to you.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 14, 2004 08:39 PM            
We are not letting this one slide down the ladder - LOL
!!!BUMP!!!

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted January 14, 2004 11:40 PM            
*Bumpity* *Bump* *Bump*
Im in the middle of making another tank and a weapon... but i cant be the only one besides sailor to provide somthing for this mod... Any one out there alive? Hello? *echo* *echo* (cricket sound *chirp*)

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 14, 2004 11:53 PM            
Like I said in the other thread any of my weapons, tanks, or maps can be included.

Well, all I really have is the ZE141k tank and its skin pack tank-wise. But I have a few maps and plenty of weapons. }B>

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 16, 2004 12:10 AM            
I stand invalidated, again.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 19, 2004 01:27 PM            
** Bump ** Still working on gettings things together - hopefully ready soon. Late this month or sometime in February.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

A2597
posted January 20, 2004 12:27 AM            
I have:

Pyrolovers Flamer (From my HQ pack)

and

Pyrotechnics Grenade...looks sweet, fully animated explosions, and lots of them. mix a grenade with 11-22 short range explosives...and you get something like wjat I made...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 20, 2004 05:54 PM            
Testing the mods and they are very nice. Of course the flamer gives all the HQ functionality of the original HQ mod. The grenades are a blast to use, but stay back a little when using them or you might get burnt yourself. Good job so far A2597. Looking forward to the final product.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 23, 2004 06:51 PM            
A2597 is providing some variety in the grenade launcher. Looking forward to finishing the modpack so everyone can enjoy them.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2