|
Author Topic:   LDA: PLT needs some help getting on the BBS
synack
posted December 07, 2003 06:08 PM         
PLT has tried to register for the BBS, but hasn't had a reply in a week. His email uses the domain, address@wp.pl

Any help??

tx.

IP:

synack
posted December 09, 2003 07:16 AM         
bump

Jim, any help for PLT?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 09, 2003 11:08 AM            
I don't recall requiring an email before I could use the bb. I *thought* I picked my own password and was off and running the minute I registered.

IP:

synack
posted December 09, 2003 01:32 PM         
Sue,

It's been a few years since I first signed up, so I just went back and checked. The registration form contains the following statement.

"IMPORTANT: We will email your registration password to the email address you provide. Thus, failure to provide your actual email address will mean you can not post any messages or replies on this bulletin board."

I also think I recall it being mentioned that Hotmail (and maybe other similar free email) domain were blocked for registration purposes since there was no accountability. That was an afterthought by LDA (I guess) because my email addy on this BBS is a hotmail account.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 09, 2003 06:58 PM            
I stand corrected then. Good luck. I know Coax has been ill, maybe Sailor can help?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 09, 2003 07:22 PM            
=PLT= entered this e-mail address "pg_i@wp.pl" is this the correct one for him?

I can delete his account and he can reregister with a different e-mail address if he wants.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

synack
posted December 10, 2003 07:09 AM         
I don't know the first part of his email address, and I can only ask him again when I see him online. I did see him last night, but he said he hadn't had a reply from LDA on his registration. Would you know if a reply was sent to him? I guess he just needs to know what his password is so he can post on the BBS.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted December 10, 2003 12:47 PM            
The system is automated, so I've never really paid any attention to it.

If he had a typo in his address or has a spam blocker that wiped the confirmation email.... are problems that come to mind.

And, I haven't received an email to me at my longbow@LDAgames.com address (It picks up other variations on the address too...)

Jim

IP:

synack
posted December 10, 2003 07:06 PM         
Thanks, coax and Jim. If I see him online (or if anyone else sees him) perhaps suggest that he try to register again. Since it's an automated process, you're probably right about the typo or maybe a spam blocker.

IP:

synack
posted December 10, 2003 07:08 PM         
Duh.

I'm pretty sure he reads the BBS.

Hey, PLT! Try to register again. Maybe you typed your email address wrong.

IP: