This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Let's face it: I was an @ss. Please forgive me everyone and especially Matrix.
Irascible
posted November 26, 2003 02:39 AM            
OK, so you're saying to yourself, "Duh. We already knew of your painful posterior perpetrating proclivities. What's new?". Those things for which people usually label me a jerk typically stem from my often abrasive and occasionally witty humor. That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about IS new for me and it is much worse.

I never thought I'd be guilty of attempted character assassination, but I am. I don't mean it in the sense of political debate where one guys blurts out "You're lying." and the other idiot blurts out "That's character assassination!". Pfft. They should both be assassi... uh, yeah. What I'm talking about is the systematic and long term degrading, just a nibble at a time, of someone's reputation. I did that to Matrix. Matrix, I am truly sorry.

In my defense, it was not a deliberate or maniacal scheme. I didn't look for ways to do it every day. I was largely unaware of the wrong I was doing and even believed I was doing right, or so I told myself. Specifically, Matrix made a comment to me literally hours before we officially "went to war". Being at war, I had a skewed view. I took that comment and added meaning to it that wasn't there. I truly believed, or so I told myself, that Matrix was a racist. But as I told Matrix, my distaste for the baser parts of the hip hop culture could be twisted by some to mean I'm racist against African-Americans. I am not. In the same way, I took his comment and twisted it to mean something it didn't. That twisted belief fueled much of the anger that you saw in our most intense flame wars.

And I'm also sorry for what that put others here through. Most people ignored it as best they could. A few engaged in it. But no one was helped by it and we were collectively dragged down. "It" wasn't just the false charges. It was also a lot of anger over other stuff that came up from time to time. We had a personality conflict long before it escalated to what it became. So to the people whose days I made a little dimmer with the flame wars, I am sorry.

That's not to say Matrix and I won't disagree again. Sooner or later you know we will. That's also not to say that Matrix is guiltless. You just KNOW he'll get himself into trouble again, but so will I. :^) Our disagreements or the actions of anyone else is no excuse for the intermittent and vitriolic "discourse" (childish temper tantrums?) that I have engaged in with him. In such engagements I not only fail you guys and him, but I fail my own beliefs.

So in summary, BWL rules you fools. Wait... sorry, that's not it. Let's see, DNX sux? Well, that's true too but that's not it either. Oh, I know: My sincerest apologies to Matrix and the rest of you. I was an @ss in more ways than two.

P.S.1) I HATE when people feel obligated to follow up with some sort of "That's OK." or something along those lines. You're not obligated to say a friggin thing. Rip me a new one if you want! I deserve it. Whatever you say, say it cause you mean it.

P.S.2) So help me God, if even one of you melon heads says the slightest negative thing about Matrix I'll come to your house and show you the meaning of frag! THIS is neither the time nor the place. He's getting an apology that he deserves. We can bash him later.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 26, 2003 02:46 AM            
That's OK

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 26, 2003 02:47 AM            
As a person who IS friends to both of you, may I say I AM SO GLAD YOU HASHED THINGS OVER!!

Irascible- you have earned new respect from me

Matrix - I'm glad you re-added Ras's ICQ number to your list.

I know what I am thankful for on this Thanksgiving Eve

IP:

Rex R
posted November 26, 2003 05:37 AM            
well you could try...be warned not all of my spud guns are mini, nor do I limit myself to spuds when it comes to choice of ammo(there is this trick involving bout 30 paintballs and a 2" caliber spudgun... )
that said tsk tsk to the both of ya's for involving the rest of us in your 'mud' bath. a request tho, should there be a next time couldst thou use the gen forum please, thanks.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 26, 2003 08:53 AM            
Them paintballs work better when they were in the freezer for a couple of days. }B>

Yay! Irascible and Matrix buried the sword!! ( and I, being a Hun, will dig it up later, declare myself warlord and burn and pilage the rest of Europe. )

IP:

posted November 26, 2003 09:20 AM            
LMAO

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 26, 2003 09:39 AM            
<embed axe src="toms hardware store.com" target="back" loop="yes">

Huh, eh what.. oh ya, sry i was mid work there .... malicious code ... me, what ever do you mean lol ....

In true Matrix style as its become known, and given the topic background, I thought this film quote would be apt; especially given the historically-mirrored backstory of the film.

"APOLOGY ACCEPTED....CAPTAIN NEIDA!"
- (Vader) The Empire Strikes Back

quote:
burried the sword

- yup, its laid next to the hatchet, and i know where they are, and, and, still wanna invade europe ? LOL ;D

Now where did i put that "bloodbath.class" file... hmmm Kill -9-9-9 perhaps... DOH !! Format C: will have to do for now, it provides a clean surface.

Ive no doubt we will disagree again, but this time there will be no fuel behind it and we can concentrate on fact rather than hate; and as wel all know.... Fear leads anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to dooooooooooobies !!

Beige.

(edit)- Id linked to a cgi-stream rather than a sample, replaced with the quote itself.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited November 26, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 26, 2003 12:28 PM            
the thumb says it all!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 26, 2003 02:46 PM            
Thank you both for truly being adults and resolving this dispute in a face to face manner. It shows that disagreements can be resolved in a civilized manner. It brings a new level of respect for both of your abilities to work through issues. Congradulations to both of you..

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 26, 2003 03:48 PM            
An unexpected compliment to be sure, but thank you Sailor.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 26, 2003 09:28 PM            
*is glad he doesn't live in Europe suddenly* lol killer.

IP:

KONG
posted November 26, 2003 10:39 PM            
I really wanna barf right now

IP:

wolfman
posted November 26, 2003 11:21 PM            
I'm type 1 diabetic and now i am going through sugar high from all this sweetness lol

PS
Frozen paint balls I like the way you think - we used to do frozen snow balls in the freezer and frozen newspapers. Now the frozen papers were a ***** Ah the twisted things of youth lol. JT

IP:

DNX-goku
posted November 27, 2003 12:44 AM            
ah frozen paintballs suck because they dont go straight because some sides are more soild than the others

if you really want pain get a ANGEL FIRE with a spinner BARREL enough to breack someones arm yummy

IP:

Irascible
posted November 27, 2003 03:43 AM            
Coaxs: Bite me. :^P
Sue: You deserve some credit too.
Rex: Mud bath? People PAY to get mud baths.
Killer: I didn't bury mine. I just sheathed it. ;^)
666: As useful and as relevant as always. :^p
Matrix: The most shocking thing of all: I got some of your humor. ;^)
Ni: I guess that's better than having to talk to the hand. ;^)
Sailor: I'm the bigger adult. (*stomps foot*) I am! I am!
Ant: well... Ant!
Kong: Get over yourself. :^P We simply resolved the unnecessarily vicious aspects of our relationship. I still think he's as stubborn as a Kentucky mule and twice as... uh, yeah. LOL (I'm kidding! Relax!)
Wolf: I saw no sweetness. I saw classic Ras wit and humility followed by appreciation for said wit and humility. (I am so asking for it now.)
Goku: My flame war partner position just opened up. Looking for work? LOL!

IP:

Paranor
posted November 28, 2003 06:47 PM            
I'd insert an image of Barney but then I think Kong would really barf.

IP:

posted November 29, 2003 02:41 AM            
why thank you Ras...LOL

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

wolfman
posted November 29, 2003 07:14 AM            
No Ras, really, you are the epitomy of humility, shy, withdrawn, unable to express yourself, a literal wall flower. No really. (LOL) JT

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 29, 2003 11:36 AM            
Removed...

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited November 30, 2003).]

IP:

KONG
posted November 29, 2003 12:28 PM            
Suprising what you can find
http://kmarshal.chaosnet.org/barney/

------------------
"My style? You could call it the art of fighting without fighting.''

Homepage

IP:

wolfman
posted November 29, 2003 12:40 PM            
Thanks for making me puke - ralfffffffffffff lol Just no Zoobilee Zoo u hear me.

Thanks for the laughs Kong lol JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 29, 2003 12:41 PM            
Barney ?? - Ok, Im Lost ....

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 29, 2003 01:41 PM            
Matrix, if I were you I wouldn't even try to get found on this subject.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Irascible
posted November 29, 2003 03:39 PM            
Ant must be punished.

In the mean time, here's an audio clip of Homer Simpson discovering the joy that is known as Barney.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 29, 2003 03:49 PM            
aw , can't you forgive me Irascible?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2