|
Author Topic:   2 Questions for *RANKED* DDMs
ARAGON
posted November 24, 2003 07:19 PM            
1) What happens if a frag occurs after the of the game - such as a missle or a nuke finally goes off? Does it count?
2) Is there, or isn't there, spawn fragging in a DDM?

IP:

Irascible
posted November 24, 2003 07:30 PM            
I can say with 99 percent assuredness, an after the game frag wouldn't count. It's basically a question of how quick Harmless or whoever takes the screen shot. Coax considers the screen shot to be gospel. I suppose if a frag happened one second after game end and Harmless took the pic two seconds after, it might slip by.

On the other (man I hope we don't get into another long debate), we did have a LONG chat about it before. The resulting consensus was that while it wasn't preferred, it was a fact of life. Even Supe acquiecsed to the notion that it was going to happen. When in Rome, you know the rest. So yes, it's allowed if not appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited November 24, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted November 24, 2003 07:39 PM            
Whatever the screen shot shows, I go with.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 24, 2003 08:28 PM            
As to the spawn fragging... this one, as far as I recall, its open to what the player chooses to do. I prefer NOT to do it. In a DDM I might do it. In fact I DID do it on the moon, when a certain BWL player spawned in front of me - but only because I had the brunt of many spawn frags from that player. I made a point, later in the games, to NOT spawn frag Sailor. The "RULE" is that "anything goes" in a DDM battle for ranking.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 24, 2003 09:20 PM            
"The "RULE" is that "anything goes" in a DDM battle for ranking."

You may want to REVIEW that ... Ira.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 24, 2003 10:05 PM            
MOMMMM - Matrix and Ras are fighting again.

I spawn frag in ranked and clan DDM's. It's hell out there boys.

And girls.

IP:

ARAGON
posted November 24, 2003 11:21 PM            
Thanks for everyone's input.

IP:

wolfman
posted November 25, 2003 06:17 AM            
Glad we could confuse Aragon - some maps make it almost impossible not to spawn frag sometimes - especially Caldera. 10 tanks plus dropping and fighting in one small section sometimes. I know I try to avoid spawn fragging and if anyone during reg play feels I have done it to them - just let me know then and there - will apologize if I think it's a fair call. Though mind you, I may shoot one at you in a drive by as a joke now and then and keep on truckin by lol JT

IP: