|
Author Topic:   Coax approved and Ras certified: A compromise on the new clan war setup!
Irascible
posted November 24, 2003 06:20 AM            
It's only reasonable that major changes to an event that affects so many stalwart regulars should get a vote. Our dear friend Coax even agrees that his prior declaration was just a tad bit... "overweening". OK, so he didn't use that word. At the same time he's convinced that you'll like it if you try it. So we came up with this compromise.

• Let's try it next month as a non-ranked event.
  • Afterwards, just about a month from now, we'll take a vote. If voted up, we'll try the new format as a ranked event for three months.
  • After that, about 4 months from now, we'll take a second vote to see if it remains a regular part of the format.
  • If it's voted down in one or four months, we simply return to our existing format.

To avoid endless debate on the specifics, the one or two votes to come will be simple yes or no votes.

I was fully prepared to make a big fuss about the unilateral changes. And you know how good I am at that. But this seems to be a very reasonable way to go about it. It gives the format a chance while not affecting the ladder until people have tried it and endorsed it.

Sounds reasonable?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 24, 2003 08:42 AM            
"And Theeeeeeeen..............."

- (you'll only get this if you saw the film "Dude, Where's My Car" lol .....

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 24, 2003 01:22 PM            
Sounds good to me. Now just to clarify...
Since BWL and DNX placed 1st and 2nd in the last clan war, they can not make alliances BUT they CAN field more than 5 players. LWA, GA, ZE, Evil, DOG, and any one else CAN make alliances. The alliances need to be with recognized clan members, right? Can't go for a "free agent"? Am I correct?

IP:

Irascible
posted November 24, 2003 01:43 PM            
That sounds right Sue. Coax will say something I'm sure.

Just for the record: Don't let my neutral tone above imply support. To be perfectly frank (How could I be otherwise? :^)), I think the idea blows and I hope it goes down in flames. I'll get to the specifics when vote time comes. I just figured it best to keep my editorializing seperate from the announcement.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 24, 2003 03:41 PM            
That would be right Sue.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

wolfman
posted November 24, 2003 04:03 PM            
What about the "For Rent" guy lol

and then , and then , and then , and then
What movie was that from ? Useless trivia question.

IP:

ARAGON
posted November 24, 2003 07:12 PM            
I am no longer for rent.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 24, 2003 10:10 PM            
Free agency. IT'S THE NFL!

I kinda like the rules.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 25, 2003 07:00 PM            
As I'm not posting often because I can't play right now (but will return in the new year), I do hope someone has the common courtesy to illuminate on current rules of any ranked or non-ranked event.

I find it increasingly difficult to keep up with ground-rule methods and this borad is hardly an easy read at times.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 25, 2003 07:09 PM            
Link is in Ras's post.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted November 25, 2003 07:34 PM            
Rumor has it that you're going post clan wars rules on your site Coax. I'm not sure where I heard that though.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 25, 2003 07:49 PM            
quote:
Rumor has it that you're going post clan wars rules on your site Coax. I'm not sure where I heard that though.

That would be much nicer!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 25, 2003 08:10 PM            
when i get a copy ill staple a copy to my forehead, tattoo it on the interior of my eyelids, and sticky it in our TM forum and clan forum.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 26, 2003 02:53 AM            
The staff at coaxs.net is wating for Ras to write them at the moment.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted November 26, 2003 03:22 AM            
The "staff" at Coaxs.net doesn't exist. On the other hand, the house master of Coaxs.net IS busily looking for his whip so that he may motivate his intransigent servant. :^P

IP: