|
Author Topic:   TMLogScan 3.7.4 Ready and A QUestion foi the Community
KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2003 12:24 AM            
After much testing and work, TMLogScan 3.7.4 is ready to go. This one has the remeote map restart. It also has a voting system to allow players to vote for a map change or to boot a problem player off the server. The voting system is disabled by default and can be enabled on a server by server basis (either thr map restart voting system, the player kick voting system, or both cane be enabled).

Thanks go to Queen, Goku and BZP for helping me test this monster.

It is availible for download by the server ops now form their admin panels on my website.

I won't be pushing out the update until I can find out when Jim will be in the office just incase there are problems updating the LDA TMLogScan install from remote.

Now for the Question:

The voting systems are disabled by default, there are 2, one for the map restart, and one for player kicking. THe question is which of these does the community want enabled on the community servers?

---------------------------------------------

Documentation on how to use the voting system:

When the system is enabled, players can enter 3 different commands by using TM's public chat feature.
The 3 commands are as follows and they are not case sensitive:

/TMLSCMD;RESTARTMAPVOTE
/TMLSCMD;KICKVOTE;playername
/TMLSCMD;DROPVOTES

The '/TMLSCMD' tells logscan that this chat message is a logscan command. The next word is the actual command
( either 'RESTARTMAPVOTE', 'KICKVOTE', or 'DROPVOTES'). Any parameters would follow the command, in this case
only the 'KICKVOTE' command takes a parameter, which is the player's to be kicked name. The '/TMLSCMD', the
command, and the parameter(s) are seperated by semicolons(';'). There is no semicolon at the end of the line.

The RESTARTMAPVOTE command tells LogScan that the player wants to restart the map. All players who agree would
also enter this command. Should some players not agree, they would NOT enter anything. A player is allowed only
one request per game. If they dropped thier votes with the DROPVOTES command, they can recast the command.

The KICKVOTE command tells LogSCan that the player wants the specified player to be kick from the server. All
players that agree would enter the SAME EXACT command with the speficied player. Should some players not agree,
they would NOT enter anything. A player is allowed only one request per offending player per game. If they
dropped thier votes with the DROPVOTES command, they are allowed to recast the command.

The DROPVOTES command tells LogScan to drop any votes the player has submitted.

LogScan will pick up these requests when it processes the log file. When a command is found it would send the
following message to the Server Operator Chat box, and would appear in-game as a server op chat message:

TMLogScan accepted xxx command from player yyy

where xxx is the command (either RESTARTMAPVOTE, KICKVOTE, or DROPVOTES) and yyy is the player who sent the command.

If a player tries to submit the RESTARTMAPVOTE or KICKVOTE (for the same player to be kicked) command twice,
TMLogScan will reject the command with the following message:

TMLogScan ignored xxx command from player yyy vote already cast.

where xxx is the command (either RESTARTMAPVOTE, KICKVOTE, or DROPVOTES) and yyy is the player who sent the command.

When a vote is cast, each time LogScan scans the log file it will send one of the following messages as a server op
chat message:

Player aaa kick votes: bbb out of ccc for ddd min kick.

- this is for player kick votes, where:
aaa - is the player to be kicked
bbb - is the number of votes given
ccc - is the number of votes required to kick the player
ddd - is the number of minutes the player will be kicked

Restart map votes: xxx out of yyy for map restart.

- this is for map restart votes, where:
xxx - is the number of votes given for a map restart
yyy - is the number of votes needed for a map restart

Player kicks occur on the next scan after a passing vote. Map restarts occur 30 seconds after a passing vote.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited November 22, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2003 12:52 AM            
BTW, this is running on the Armageddon server for those of you that want to see it running.

Just remember that the commands are picked up during a scan so its not an instantanious response. It could take a few minutes for TMLogScna to respond to the commands.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 22, 2003 02:33 AM            
Yes on map vote.
No on kick vote.

How much time does it take for the whole process to finish.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2003 02:45 AM            
Depends on the activity of the server. Anywhere from 1 to 7 mins.

IP:

posted November 22, 2003 02:58 AM            
Thx killer...but you are taxing my memory here. Currently the commands are:

/TMLSCMD;RESTARTMAPVOTE
/TMLSCMD;KICKVOTE;playername
/TMLSCMD;DROPVOTES

Well...I simply will not remember those command lines. It is too much for me. What I need is something like this:

/RESTARTMAP
/KICK;player's name
/ABORT

Where abort would cancel both the restart and kick.

Give it some thought...thx

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
Race Ladder Results

IP:

Rex R
posted November 22, 2003 03:01 AM            
possibly a 'stupid' question but, what happens if a player issues a kick command for themselves?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2003 03:17 AM            
@Rex-R:
If they are the only one on the server, then they'll kick themselves. If there are more players, then they would need to vote for it to take effect.

I could've prevented that, but if they are that much of a idiot then they deserve it. LOL

@666:
there is a reason for it. the /TMLSCMD tells logscan to expect a command. A slash alone is not enough and will cause problems.

TMLSCMD stands for 'TMLogScanComManD' incidentally.

Also keep in mind that I may be adding more commands in the future and hence my selection.

Do what I do, get some stickypads and put a stickynote on your monitor. My monitors covered in them. My workstation downstairs has so many I needed to add a second monitor just to keep em all availible. LOL

IP:

Rex R
posted November 22, 2003 03:31 AM            
must make it hard to play what with all them sticky notes covering the screen

just wanted to see if you had allowed for the possibility (w/o crashing)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited November 22, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2003 01:46 PM            
Hehehe, My eyes can decive me, so I donot trust them. I play by using the force.

I fired off an EMail to Jim about the update. I'll have him enable only the map restart voting on the community servers.

Hopefully we will never need to enable the player kick vote function. Maybe the existance of this feature will act as a deterent.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited November 22, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2003 03:06 PM            
K, I got word from Jim that he's in the office, so I pushed the update out. It looks like it went through okay on this end.

I'll reenable the Clan Battle server.

I'll inform Jim to turn on the map restart voting system.

IP:

posted December 05, 2003 03:20 PM            
What about /TM then the command. It it still taxing my memory to type /TMLSCMD. Below is what I would like to see. Something that anyone could remember and easily type. In the current format, I will probably not use it.

/TM;RESTART
/TM;KICK;playername
/TM;DROP

I could remember the above...yeah...I know I am too late for this to change...but consider it for the next version...thx

------------------
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

coaxs
posted December 05, 2003 05:48 PM            
I agree.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 07, 2003 11:16 AM            
lol, just get some stickys =) (I oughtta start getting stickys, I just use scraps of paper that get littered around the desk, every time I clean off the thing I have tons of ip addresses and user names and passwords and memory adresses and all sorts of math problems all over the place).

IP:

BamZipPow
posted December 07, 2003 03:03 PM            
Can we kick AIs out, too?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 07, 2003 03:30 PM            
I can add ai kicking. I would assume there is no need for voting right?

IP:

coaxs
posted December 07, 2003 04:40 PM            
nah make it voting too.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 07, 2003 07:39 PM            
That makes things far more complicated. :/

IP:

posted December 08, 2003 12:34 AM            
I did not mind the voting, but I do not think that it was necessary to have it as part of the command line. That is why I did not include it.

------------------

IP:

posted December 08, 2003 12:52 AM            
GA...I am trying to go paperless everywhere.

Killer, I do not think that voting for AI kicking is necessary...just for human players.

Ras...you are right...I need to read all the post before I reply...LOL

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 08, 2003 07:36 PM            

How about these for the commands:

/LS;RESTARTMAP
/LS;KICKVOTE;<player name>
/LS;DROPVOTES
/LS;KICKAI;<ai name>
/LS;ADDAI

KICKAI and ADDAI will not be 'vote' based. thats a little too much. I will make those 2 AI commands seperate so that they can be enabled independantly.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 09, 2003 01:56 AM            
think those are livable (meaning that while they may or may not be the best possible, I could live with them).

IP:

CyberCannon
posted December 09, 2003 09:32 PM            
As far as I am concerned they will work just fine. I think I ought to write them down though.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 09, 2003 10:27 PM            
Forum Admins:
Please close this thread, since the documentation presented at the head is outdated.

TY

coax: no problem

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 09, 2003).]

IP: