|
Author Topic:   Ranked DDM results....will not have pingboy on it
posted November 09, 2003 11:04 PM            
Yes, there seems to be something fishy about a tank that comes on in the middle of the game and rakes up lots of point with few frags.

So, until pingboy confesses to who they are their results will not count.

The are other fact the will be discussed here also. I will get harmless to post he link for both DDM's.

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
Race Ladder Results

IP:

harmless
posted November 09, 2003 11:44 PM            
here are the screen shots...

http://www.hallsted.org/euro-ddm/euro-ddm-pics-index.html

the screenshots that my bro, 666, took are the larger ones, 1024x768

the screenshots i, harmless, took are the smaller ones, 800x600

i came into the first game, not the goat, about 17 minutes into it, just curious that the frags showed, but not the deaths.

anyway, they are there for your amusement.

toodles,
harmless

IP:

harmless
posted November 09, 2003 11:56 PM            
the above link is for the "euro" DDM.

this link, below, is for the "yankee" DDM

http://www.hallsted.org/ranked-ddms/ranked-ddm-pics-index.html

toodles,
harmless

IP:

KONG
posted November 10, 2003 12:49 AM            
quote:
So, until pingboy confesses to who they are their results will not count.

Why? maybe they are a new player?

------------------
"My style? You could call it the art of fighting without fighting.''

Homepage

IP:

Rex R
posted November 10, 2003 01:29 AM            
it appeared like 'he' was having problems connecting...but then at the end of each map would alt-k then disconnect. if they are a 'new' player, they would have to be very good indeed. curious the low death count. one might suspect coax or superunknown were playing under an alias(aside from the fact that a) neither have done so that I recall, and b) coax has always used the zodiac(not mention 'pingboy' didn't have coax's style.)) as I commented in the other thread I was getting odd server msg.s

IP:

posted November 10, 2003 04:27 AM            
Ras, Max, Aragon, Harmless, and 666 stay after everyone left the DDM to discussed our surprise player. How could someone come in late and take the lead from Ras?

Surprisingly if Ras had not shown up I don’t think I could have figured this out.

Just how did Pingboy do it?

Very simple, that player had in invisble tank on the server for a part of the game.

How do I know this?

I fought an invisible tank. I was fortunate to be by a spawn point when I heard the typical spawn noise of a tank. And yet I did not see a tank that should be there. I decide to go through the spawn point and I hit something. I proceeded to fire at the invisible object and I heard the sounds of a tank being hit yet there was not tank there. Then I could go through the spawn point. My first thought is an invisible tank…but how do I prove it.

Now its Ras’ turn.

In game 3, Ras stopped playing in the last 7 minutes of the game. He sat and watched the chat lines. Pingboy racked up 5 frags and yet Ras did not see a single chat line regarding one of his frags. Thank you Ras for stopping the play.

Other facts that other players saw:

- One player was getting double frag messages on their chat line
- Guido comments that there was an AI in the game at the end of a match.
- Other players said that pingboy did not show up on the radar.

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
Race Ladder Results

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 10, 2003 05:53 AM            
you know, despite what you may think, LAG could be to blame too.... ive noticed since getting BB that the person with the lowest ping (hence the smoothest game) will more than likly have the best chance to win.

However, heres my guess.

Sumthin in the eGames version that you cant do in the AAAGame 1.6 version.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 10, 2003 09:14 AM            
Thats obvious

But depends on how bad a ping. I can play well as long as ping stays under 350. But once it goes over, I have trouble aiming. I'd think I get lined up for a shot and then fire. Then curse as the shot fires 4 meters behind me.

That's the main reason I didn't join in yesterday. All servers in CA (including my website) and basically inaccessible. The LDA servers get >800 ping by me.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 10, 2003 11:03 AM            
Interesting you state that lag could be the blame for a BAD game, but pingboy had a 400 ping and took over the game. The "lag", from what I heard, didnt' seem to make the game worse for him.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 10, 2003 11:24 AM            
Well, my minimum ping is well over 600, the average approching 900 on the LDA server. This makes my style of play impossble.

I did leave the TeamCTF game because of it.

350-400 is still playable for me. a difference of 50ms in ping is negligible when we're dealing with 300+.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited November 10, 2003).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted November 10, 2003 01:22 PM            
Somebody mentioned the egames version, where can I buy a copy to compair to my copy?
I've tried to buy if from fry's in MHB, but the one copy they say is in stock is not on the shelves, much like your invisible interloper.
Also, has anyone asked Ping of Death if he/she has any spawn? (Just a thought, not an accusation.)

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 10, 2003 02:28 PM            
VorDesigns...

You should be able to get the eGames version at CompUSA as I've seen it on their shelves fer $9.99 as well as on their website.

You could try BestBuy but according to Kong he was able to snag them fer $1.99 each. I can shop them out fer yah if you need.

IP: