|
Author Topic:   help
rcy
posted November 08, 2003 04:34 PM         
how do I use the new weapons once they are downloaded?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted November 08, 2003 04:48 PM            
Every download I have seen has been a zip file. First, open the zip, then click the extract button at the top of the screen (or go to Actions -> Extract). Next browse through your hard drive and select your Tread Marks install folder. Make sure the "Use folder names" box is checked before you click the extract button at the top right of the window. Everything should extract to the right place.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 08, 2003 10:08 PM            
Rcy, since I know you have a copy of the egames version of TM, take a look at this thread. http://206.222.78.140/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003609.html
I explains better what I was trying to tell you over ICQ (sorry I had to leave to go to work). All of the files are ONE FOLDER deeper than what the "other" installation of Treadmarks does. Follow the path that BZP takes you on.
As for selecting *only* the addon weapons to play, you just gotta look for them in the game. All of the stock weapons will be there, AS WELL AS THE NEW ADDONS. If you want to be able to play with what addons you are using in a game, you need the entity database manager, which is in one of the links I gave you. (I'm still at work and dont' have the links at my disposal here). Good Luck to you!
-Sue

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 09, 2003 12:42 AM            
Actually he could go into the entity folder and put something like ## in front of what ever weapon he doesn't want to show. Of course to play on a regular server he would have to undo all of that before he started up again.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: