|
Author Topic:   GE FX 5200 PCI
wolfman
posted November 05, 2003 07:09 PM            
Hiya
I am wanting to play movies from my pc on my tv - the card is supposed to have s video out. I have the system hooked up to a cable modem and have cable on the tv as well - splitter for the 2 devices. What is the best way to do this? Any advice appreciated. Thanks
JT

IP:

kv
posted November 05, 2003 08:31 PM            
with what you listed, it can't be done directly.

my Ti 4600 came with an adapter bundle that had some s-vid connectors and some "RCA" connectors (that's what I call them, they're the round yellow/red/white ones).

you need an S-vid in on your tv, or, if you have the same adapter I do, an RCA in. If you don't have either, you need some kind of adapter. I don't know if anyone makes an s-vid to coaxial adapter, look around online to see if you can find one if you need it.

IP:

wolfman
posted November 05, 2003 09:20 PM            
Tks - i have the itty bitty round hole on the tv - assume that's the RCA connector - hopefully radio shack will have an adapter lol Thankd for the info bud. JT

IP:

harmless
posted November 05, 2003 10:34 PM            
if the card has S video out,
then your TV or VCR would need to have S video in. S video is also just the picture.
you would also need to use the line out of your sound card if you want sound.

if connecting directly to TV, you will need to choose on the TV the "aux in" option to get the picture to display.

you 'might' also need to choose on the properties of the video card to display to TV.

i have done this sort of thing before, made a VCR tape with some TM games on it... it was an interesting experiment.

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted November 06, 2003 06:07 AM            
Just to add my 2 cents (2p)worth .
You can get Audio/Visual connection kits which has an AV to scart converter (see pic below)

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited November 06, 2003).]

IP: