|
Author Topic:   NOVEMBER SCHEDULE
Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 02, 2003 11:51 AM            
  • 1st Sunday/November 2nd: stock ctf, two teams
  • 2nd Sunday/November 9th: Ranked DDM, no teams and this will be the first showing of the Euro DDM at 4 pm Eastern time (9 pm UK time, 1 pm Pacific time) as well as the standard 8 pm eastern time RANKED DDM
  • 3rd Sunday/November 16th: FUN DDM (we are still discussing what this one will be, sounds like stock weapons and modded maps maybe? or Anarchy?)
  • 4th Sunday/November 23rd: CLAN BATTLE. Clan DNX picks the maps. Matrix, as DNX leader, you need to post your picks. Next month will be GoldAnts Clan's turn.
  • 5th Sunday/November 30th: RACING Prepare yourselfs. This could be a lot of fun with 10 people Maybe even will count for the 666 race ladder This time LDA Jim said he would make an appearance

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited November 07, 2003).]

IP:

• coaxs
    posted November 02, 2003 03:34 PM            
    Is stoc ctf always on the first sunday of the month?

------------------
    Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
    posted November 02, 2003 09:25 PM            
    After close consultation with members on the DNX Private board, we have chosen the following maps.

Caldera, The Moon, Pinnacle.

If any DNX members would like to add to the selection, please do so on our OWN forum at the DMF; I will post any final decision here in an ammended post. Thanks.

IP:

posted November 02, 2003 11:24 PM            
    Coax: It is stock CTF every 1st Sunday. It has been lots of fun. Will probably try in a couple of months to introduce some modded CTF maps.

Matrix: The map selection will be interesting. I guess for the Clan battles, whatever maps the clan choose will prevail, stock or modded.

As for the choice of the Moon map...well...it only has 10 weapon points...normally it would lend itself to a spawn fragging affair, but since it is the moon one shot and you are on the mirror side of the map. This will truly be interesting.

------------------
    Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
    Race Ladder Results

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
    posted November 02, 2003 11:27 PM            
    Hehehehe, I can attest that that WASN'T his first response

IP:

BamZipPow
    posted November 03, 2003 12:48 AM            
    So...make a Clan Moon map!

IP:

posted November 03, 2003 01:23 AM            
    Nah Bam...the maps I chose were the ones that could be made into clan maps, with the exception of Woodland. I probably could have done that one, I got scared when I saw the number of trees on that map.

In the words of Ras, "666 has turn the ranked event into a modded event".

LOL.

So what is the difference between one modded map versus another. Some will play better than others, but it is not up to me to chose when it is time for the Clan to select. Not upset in the least bit with the current set. This change will be good on getting out the other modded maps the we all need to play.

------------------
    Race Ladder Results

IP:

coaxs
    posted November 03, 2003 02:08 PM            
    Make sure the dedicated.cfg is set to rotate the maps and not have them be picked at random.

------------------
    Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
    posted November 03, 2003 02:14 PM            
    It's always set to rotate, as LogScan requires that setting.

IP:

BamZipPow
    posted November 03, 2003 02:53 PM            
    The moon map could be made into a Clan map...it's the almost zero gravity that probably put you off.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
    posted November 03, 2003 08:59 PM            
    666 - can we have a moon and caldeera clan map version made... only you know the criteria of how you arrange the spawnpoints

IP:

posted November 03, 2003 11:30 PM            
    Look, I am not trying to be a pain. The Moon and Caldera will not test well as Clan maps.

But use them anyway. It will be fun and open the door for using other modded maps for the clan battle, which we should be using anyway.

We use to use other modded maps all the time. We need to get back to doing that.

I think both Sailor and Kong would agree with that.

Especially, after we use The Moon map...any map will just fine with everyone. Players will be begging for it to end. I know...the racers are always begging any racer to finish the 2 lap for The Moon map to end....LOL

------------------
    Race Ladder Results

IP:

posted November 04, 2003 12:00 AM            
    In all seriousness practically any map will do.

We have not even had 20 players show. So don't worry. I did the clan maps because we were approaching the high 20's going to 30. The DM Caldera is fine for number in the 20's.

I am very excited to be using The Moon map. I played that map in single player mode for months prior to coming online. The key to that map is never have your treads leave the surface and of course to camp at a weapon point. A lot of the weapon projectiles shot will gravitate to the nearest object, thus hitting them. Unless there is another object near by and the weapon projectile will be pulled equally thus missing both. Therefore the 120mm cannon can snag a frag 1/2 mile away. I use to watch in amazement as I shot my 120mm cannon at a tank in mirror land and snag the frag in 3 shots...LOL

I am all for using the existing Moon map.

Let's do it.

------------------
    Race Ladder Results

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited November 04, 2003).]

IP:

posted November 04, 2003 12:07 AM            
    I forgot to reply to Bam...I did not do The Moon map or Ice World map because not enough people would like it. But still, they are just too flat and take added skills to make it not worth my while to use them for the average players.

------------------
    Race Ladder Results

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
    posted November 04, 2003 02:40 AM            
    I look at it this way - if ppl dont show we win by default HAHAHAHAHAHA

IP:

Rex R
    posted November 04, 2003 02:54 AM            
    heheh I use the moon for testing weapon mods. majority of the time I never see the tanks I frag(sometimes don't even see the names til I get the 'you fragged...'msg)

IP: