|
Author Topic:   Yet more changes to BoomstickJoes
KiLlEr
posted October 20, 2003 01:04 PM            
First the bad news:

I had to wipe out the weapon statistics, weapon cross reference, and player's weapon statistics tables.

In order to increase performance, I redesigned the tables. Now each server will have its own list of weapons. Since the cross reference table used ID's as a key used by the player weapon statistics tables, those tables had to be cleared as well.

Now the good news:

1) The regular player stats were unaffected
2) the Event statistics were also unaffected.
3) Now we will have a snappy loading weapon kill statistics page.
4) I've updated the weapons cross reference list to include a URL os that server ops can add a link to the weapons.

To do:

1) A panel for the admins to edit the wepons list for a given server.
2) A page which allows users to download weapons using the listed links. The page will combine all the files into one zip file (a zip file of zip files) to make downloading easy, if there is a need.
3) I will add a similar admin panel so that admins can list the maps used on a server with urls, if there is a need.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited October 20, 2003).]

IP:

corpse
posted October 20, 2003 01:32 PM            
so KiLIEr
when are you going to put arm. and 1shoot back on-line?
i miss them both !
i bet others do to !

------------------
happyness is being on welfar
thanks for the support
LOL

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 20, 2003 02:13 PM            
Probably after December, more precisly, Christmas. My workstation will be getting a faster proc and mobo, then I'll use the old proc and mobo to replace the dead one in my backup server.

My main server was a loaner from work, which they had me return. Thats why the servers are not up. The backup machine got toasted in the blackout.

This is also the reason behind why I haven't released the new TMLogScan update yet. I've finished the coding for the remote map restart feature, but I donot have a server to test it on.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 20, 2003 03:12 PM            
As always, way cool Killer!
Next question: As Clan Evil comes around, and T3S, if they care to announce themselves as a clan, we may need the ability to see more than 6 teams on the servers. I know it is possible to edit the team ents to get more teams to show, but currently LS can only scan for 6 teams. Is it possible to be able to scan for more than 6 teams? Just thinking ahead to the future.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 20, 2003 03:41 PM            
Yes, but I would have to wipe out everything in the LogScan database to do it.

I would create a seperate table to keep flag stats independantly for each flag. Right now there are 6 hardcoded columns in the player stats and event results tables. That is why I would need to wipe out eveything.

Also LogScan would be down for a week or two while I do this, since it is altering the core and every script that looks at the stats and events table (i.e. everything) will need to be recoded.

Quite a huge job.

But I'm confused. We left it at the fact that nothing needs to be done for DDMs. This problem with unsupported teams only affects CTFs.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 20, 2003 10:19 PM            
OH NO!! I'm inheriting the short attention span from 666 -God save me!
Killer, so sorry I forgot! CTF doesn't ever (yet) need more teams, so don't worry there. As long as LS is okay if we add more flags when they are needed then we are good to go. Let me say in my defense that when I talked to BZP about adding flags, HE reminded me that LS would be a problem....
Yeah, that's the story and I'm sticking to it!

IP: