|
Author Topic:   Can't run TM...
johnny c
posted October 15, 2003 05:10 PM            
When I run TM on my Dll laptop it works fine. When I run it on my PC at home, I get a black screen and a message

"Unable to initialize an acceptable OpenGL rendering context"

What do I need to do to get it working? Emailed the technical people at LDA but no response in 5 days

IP:

harmless
posted October 15, 2003 05:31 PM            
it all depends on what video card you have
in your home computer.

first thing to try is to get updated drivers
for your video card.

so what type of video card do you have?

if there are no newer drivers for your brand
of video card, then a new card should sovle the problem. $50 or so, can get you one that will run TM with no problems.

good luck and let us know how it all goes.

IP:

johnny c
posted October 15, 2003 05:38 PM            
I've got a GeForce 2 MX400, Elsa Gladiac 511, on Windows XP. Can run everything else, unreal II, quake 2/3, halflife, maxpayne, all the old favourites

Loathe to update the drivers as they haven't (untill now) let me down, had no end of problems last time I messed with them. Not going to update the graphics card just yet as it'll mean updating everything else

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 15, 2003 06:03 PM            
I'm surprised that those drivers wouldn't support OpenGL as Nvidia drivers have been solid. (Tread Marks was developed on a TNT 1)

I would download and install the latest detonator drivers from Nvidia to fix that problem.

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 15, 2003 10:41 PM            
I had a similar issue with mine, and i have the same card. I found that I was using too much of the cards resources. I dropped res to 800x600 and closed all graphics intensive apps like photoshop... also i made sure that nothing un-needed was running as a background task. after that it was fine ... then all of a sudden i was gettin crashes... i cleaned out the system cpu cooling fan and heatsinc and put on an 8000 rev coolermaster - that fixed the issues. to make doubly sure i put a basic size system fan in there and pointed it at the cards, i have about 6 fans in there - but no crashes and no error messages since.

Good luck.

IP: