|
Author Topic:   This looks like a cool game
SeanSeanathons
posted October 09, 2003 03:02 PM            
This Tread Marks game looks pretty cool. I just bought it today. My video card gave me the finger when I tried to install it, though. I'd try and find someone that could help me out, but it turns out there's not much people can do for you when you smash you geforce2 with a hammer. Go figure.

IP:

posted October 09, 2003 03:07 PM            
Welcome to the TM community Sean. Hope to see you online to frag.

As for your video card, I sure hope that you have another one you can use.

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!

IP:

SeanSeanathons
posted October 09, 2003 03:08 PM            
Well...I'm still a little irate and my monitor's eyeing me funny.

IP:

posted October 09, 2003 03:20 PM            
Well, don't punch your monitor. I hear that the tube will shoot out. Been told that is why TV repairmen carry the sets with the picture tube facing away from their body. If they fell and broke the monitor the tube would embedded itself in their body.

Mind you, no one every repairs their TV now.

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 09, 2003 03:23 PM            
LOL, who ever told you that 666 is one funny guy!

TV tubes are VACUMME tubes and don't "explode" but rather "implode".

THe reason you want to carry it with the screen facing out because there is a very large and heavy high voltage coil mounted on the backside, so its easier to carry it that way (less likely to tip over out of your arms). Also, the most delicate part of the tube is the backside where it comes to a neck. One good wack to the backside will fracture the tube.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited October 09, 2003).]

IP:

SeanSeanathons
posted October 09, 2003 03:38 PM            
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out with this new problem the game has thrown at me. My tank won't stop turning to the right. It's some crazy stuff. I have gotten far enough in the game to enjoy the graphics and the music, though, so hey. Maybe I'm almost through all the hurdles my computer keeps throwing at me.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 09, 2003 03:52 PM            
Do you have a joystick connected?

If you do, then you will need to recalibrate it, or disable it.

IP:

SeanSeanathons
posted October 09, 2003 04:13 PM            
Nah, no joystick. I just disabled the mouse and it worked fine, but it's kinda weird now....not playing with a mouse.

IP:

wolfman
posted October 09, 2003 05:53 PM            
Hiya
HAve had that exact same problem 2 or 3 times - each time I had to do a full uninstall and reinstall of TM. good luck

though u can also double check the actual tank controls and make sure they click with using mouse and keyboard

IP:

coaxs
posted October 09, 2003 07:02 PM            
I've never played the game with the mouse, and I've been here for awhile.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted October 09, 2003 08:58 PM            
Well that explaines alot coax.

IP:

harmless
posted October 10, 2003 01:25 AM            
i've never used the mouse...
turning the tank turret is over-rated

IP:

posted October 10, 2003 01:36 AM            
Right...I like you to say that when we are both in a hole and I frag you because I can turn my turret.

Below is the tank and camera control settings I use on my keyboard. http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-game-control-options.html
What I like about it is that I can clear the chat lines to see the radar.

If Ras was here, he would tell you to use free look to get the best weapons. But, you know, he too does not turn his turret. And surprisingly, he is still the best player of the game.

So it is all a matter of style and what you want to see.

Have fun and experiment.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 10, 2003 12:16 PM            
Breaking the neck of a Cathoid Ray Choobe (hehe) is always god fun, spesh when u get the dark star on the face of the glass - u think, hey least if dynasty comes on it wont affect the viewing pleasure !! lol ...

Killer's right, they are vacuum sealed - only think to make sure of when carrying one facing you is not to put the glass against ur bare skin (ie carrying it without a shirt on).. if you catch the RF connector at the back you will make a circuit and electrocute urself - you drop the tv and BOOM . if it was to have been repaired, you can sling it down the tip now

FYI, monitors tend to be more sturdy, specially SONY ones - it can be really hard to snap the neck on those sukka's

Off topic - Hey Sean - Welcome to the community

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 10, 2003).]

IP:

A2597
posted October 10, 2003 01:43 PM            
heh...I never use the mouse either...

I use arrow keys to move, Z and C for turret movment, and X is bount to turret view/front of tank. (Turn turret with camera attached to front of tank, once in about the right direction, switch to turet view, fire, hit X, and back to normal...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted October 11, 2003 09:59 AM            
The carrying of the screen away from the body has a much simpler explanation
(especially as most modern TV’s are front heavy)
Its to stop any belt buckles or metal buttons from scratching the screen

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited October 11, 2003).]

IP:

yugo2
posted October 11, 2003 11:03 PM         

I use a joystick cuz it fits a more confrontational battle style.
Tactic: run over the mice....

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted October 12, 2003 03:05 AM            
WATCH OUT FOR SHEEP. WELCOME. I PLAY LDA MAIN S. USE YOUR TURRET.

IP:

posted October 12, 2003 11:51 AM            
Welcome to the forum Guided by the Voices. Been fragging you online. Nice to see you here.

Just one question...what do you mean you are guided by voices? And...I hope you don't have any guns. LOL

------------------

IP:

coaxs
posted October 12, 2003 05:21 PM            
666, you don't remember. You invited him to join your clan http://206.222.78.140/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003643.html

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 13, 2003 04:19 AM            
Not heard a peep from him since that post.. Guided by Voices you gotta speak up man!

IP: