|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder, Thursday, October 9th...8PM Pacific Time(11PM Eastern)
posted October 08, 2003 09:15 AM            
It's Race time. You will need the new modded weapons, the October pack. Get it here: http://www.hallsted.org/Oct-2003-Race-Server-Addons.zip

Hope to see you at the race line.

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!

IP:

posted October 10, 2003 01:30 AM            
Very cool. The Highlites:

- Racers were: Sailor, Queen, Jon, CyberCannon, Teulk, 666, and the newest racer John B.
- On Banks, I took out John B with a nova, one of the few times I did not frag myself with that weapon.
- John B. out maneuvered Teulk to take 1st on the clay hills map. If you look at the results for Clay hills, I missed a gate. I never finished my 1st lap.
- Wanted to show John B, the ring map with a mite…too much power. The centripetal force sent him flying. I, on the other hand, set a new speed record of 38 sec. YES!
- Queen wants to share her experience with being shot out of 1st with a particle driver. I have been there too many times.
- CyberCannon won 2 races, before Teulk chewed us up and spit us out with 8 wins.
- Famous quote from 666 when he was at the start gate with das Tornado, “ Bye, Bye all of you!”
- Another famous quote from 666 on the Clay Hills map, “Ntus, I missed a gate!”

Will get the screen shots up soon. Thanks for coming.

------------------

IP:

Teulk
posted October 10, 2003 06:03 PM            
The comments from the previous week had me worried as to the lag and the weapons....however, it didn't seem that bad. I think the only thing that affects the playability of the game is the plasma wave...it really wreaks havoc for tanks not even close to the whomever sets it off.
And then of course, there is the almighty Tornado, and the blessed Ow missile...those are the true P.I.T.A's..
Was fun...liked seeing the Canadian flags on 666's tank...felt right at home!! Almost a theme night!!!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 10, 2003 09:23 PM            
quote:
Famous quote from 666 when he was at the start gate with das Tornado, “ Bye, Bye all of you!”

The only problem with that was that you missed me. I made good use of that afterburner to get out of the way.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Teulk
posted October 10, 2003 11:31 PM            
And I went around the obelisks!!!!

IP:

posted October 11, 2003 01:48 AM            
Teulk...I calmed down the flaming boulder, wave motion, and electric shock...they were lagging the server. That is why it was not that bad.

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 11, 2003 11:10 AM            
and my particle driver event wasnt' just being knocked from first- it was being knocked from first into the middle of next week! I think I flew over a few mirrored maps and I spun for 30+ seconds... to dead LAST! Oh, the pain.....

IP:

A2597
posted October 11, 2003 02:46 PM            
remember last week?

that happened to me TWICE.

right after the start, WAYYY far away. I had a message "Well, I'm out of this one...have fun"

then I actually managed to get back to third place before you hit me WAAYYY far away. 43 seconds later the race was over, and I had just touched down...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 12, 2003 03:02 AM            
Hehe. It just goes to prove it aint' over until its over!

IP:

posted October 13, 2003 01:07 AM            
Yes...I get to chose a new weapon. And it will be Dark Nova turret will replace the Dark Nova that is on the tank hull. That should make matter better. Everything will stay the same on the dark nova turret as the current dark nova on the hull...except that the weapons mounts on the turret.

------------------

IP:

posted October 13, 2003 09:22 AM            
Ok the results are finally posted and the links are below:

The race status: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-status.html

The results of the race on October 9th: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/24th-race-ladder-jpgs.html

------------------

IP:

posted October 13, 2003 09:28 AM            
I almost forgot John's comment on the "In the Ring" map as he went flying out of the ring with his mite.

The link is here: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/blt/in-the-ring.html

Screen shots make such a difference...you actually remember what happens during the race.

------------------

IP: