|
Author Topic:   Air (my greeting message).
Crawdaddy79
posted October 05, 2003 10:24 PM            

Playing around with the tank entities... This is the result.

If you see me in multiplayer, I go by the name of UltraNoob until I develop some skillz.

It was a complete blast both times I played, and I hope to get more free time in the future to continue playing.

(hopefully the picture will show up)

IP:

Teulk
posted October 05, 2003 10:49 PM            
nice view..need wings on the tank tho!!

IP:

posted October 05, 2003 11:05 PM            
Welcome to the TM community. The GA Clan say HI...hope to see you online.

LOL...322mph...LOL

IP:

A2597
posted October 05, 2003 11:29 PM            
WOOT! New person! better yet, someone thats playing the game to enjoy it!

Maybe a new height record, but no speed record...I think I hold two TM records, fastest speed (over 10,000,000mph) and most frags in least amount of time (over 12,000 in less then 10 seconds)

anyhoo, welcome!
If you have the graphical power, you may want the TM HQ mod, basically changes some textures/effects to make TM look a little better. http://www.b5-blender.com/temp/TreadMarksHQ.exe (23MB)

there are races every thursday night at 8pm PST, 11pm EST, and "Deadliest Death Matches" every sunday at 8pm EST. those are some of the regular events anyway, lots of fun, even for the new guys. (Best thing about TM, you can win even if you've never played before!)

oh yea, some common abbreviations you might see...

GG = Good Game
NS = Nice Shot (Use it when fragged in an impressive manner)
GR = Good Race!
TY = Thank You

etc etc.

anyhoo, hope to see you on the servers!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Crawdaddy79
posted October 06, 2003 12:06 AM            
Well, I didn't realise there were records and stuff...

I did a little better on this one..

Had view distance set to 11500... Game was running at about 10 FPS, heh.

But I'm sure this can be easily beat. http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/thecrawdaddypage/web/tm02.jpg

Thanks for the texture pack. I'll try it out tomorrow.

I go out of country for a couple of weeks starting Tuesday, so don't expect to see me too much between now and the end of the month.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 06, 2003 12:28 AM            
DNX Bids you welcome

1000 is the max view distance btw; If you got higher id like to know how

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 06, 2003 12:29 AM            
Welcome ultraNoob. I got you fragged when you first joined in the CTF games tonight. Not a very nice welcome, but there are a few players here that frequently change their name. I was thinking you were he, and I fragged you before you had a chance to frag me. My apologies.
The game IS a great one. We all are looking forward to playing you on line more.
I took a look at your homepage. I followed link to another link and watched www.stealthdisco.com It got me laughing to myself. Silly antics like that are always funny.
Add the Euro DDM on Tuesdays, the ctf games on wednesdays and you have a more complete schedule of games
Harmless hosts lots of the mods, as does RC.
treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com holds the schedule and if you log in there, you can view your (some) stats on line. There are lots of links and lots of people in TM. Just look around and you will see lots. Any questions and ask away!

IP:

Crawdaddy79
posted October 06, 2003 12:52 AM            
quote:
1000 is the max view distance btw; If you got higher id like to know how

I have the eGames version of the game so this may be a little different...

In your ..\Treadmarks\Game\ directory there are a bunch of .cfg files. Open the one
named 'high' with Wordpad and you'll see the View Distance parameter in there. Change it
to whatever you want. When you can select how to run the game (current, High, or
Average) select High. I played around with it, but if I set it too high, nothing would
be rendered except the HUD and skybox and trees (if applicable).. So I suspect I ran
out of texture memory at that point. There's tons of stuff you can do in addition to that
(like make the 1280 x 1024 resolution, which is not selectable in the game menu).

And thanks, Sue for checking out my site . The stealth disco thing made me laugh too.
Some people have the greatest ideas.

[This message has been edited by Crawdaddy79 (edited October 06, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 06, 2003 03:10 AM            
I guess I should make it clear, I play under a different name (GA_Queen). I forget this dual personality thing sometimes
I started posting here before I joined the GoldenAnts, thus the two names.

IP:

ARAGON
posted October 06, 2003 06:57 AM            
The D.O.G. (Death or Glory) clan and I welcome you! Some other abbrev:

Doh!: When you pull a Homer - generally do something stupid.

WTH?: What the heck. Usually this occurs after mounting frustration, whereas you think your keyboard or the TM engine is causing you to suck (when it actually is you!). I have used this recently, as I am getting back into TM after being away for the spring/summer. Stupid keyboard! (heh heh)

G1 or N1 - Good one or nice one. When someone frags you in a unique or skillfull way.

Also, kids do play, so no swearing. Have fun!

[This message has been edited by ARAGON (edited October 06, 2003).]

IP:

Paranor
posted October 06, 2003 02:05 PM            
ohhhhhhh - I feel sick! too high! TOO HIGH!

IP: