|
Author Topic:   How the Ow missile works...he is good...very good.
posted October 02, 2003 12:39 AM            
Below is an ICQ message of me asking A2597 how to stop the additional missile from shooting off. I could not find out where they were shooting.

[15:56] GA#2-666: hey...how do you get rid of the extra missiles that come out of the ow missile...I have it set for 1 missile and yet other missiles come off it???
[21:29] A2597: thats how its designed, there is a ohh...20% probability that the missile sets off a second one after it hits the tank.. Basically, once it hits it spawns a second missile, most of the time it will spawn inside the tank, or pointing downwards (= gone) however rarely it manages to set off another one that can attack another tank, which in turn can attack another. the most I've EVER seen killed by a single ow missile was 3 tanks, 80% of the time it only kills one
[21:30] GA#2-666: you are good...no wonder it is call an OW missile...LOL
[21:30] GA#2-666: very cool weapon
[21:32] A2597: it was actually a goof/luck that it worked out perfectly like that, I wanted it to do a double kill, however forgot to link to a second Ow missile projectile, so it called the same one. It worked flawlessly, as usually the person only gets one kill...its REALLY annoying...well...funny in a way, to see a single smoke trail that goes THROUGH your tank though...like the missile never stopped.

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 02, 2003 08:23 AM            
If you turn off the "collide" function with the ent value, a cruise (or any projectile for that matter) will keep on going for its entire "time to live". A cruise with a TTL of 5 mins could do as much damage as 50 kills

IP:

A2597
posted October 02, 2003 06:54 PM            
I actually like the randomness of this though...there is a CHANCE you will get more then one kill, your chances of no kills is VERY small, but your chances of multikills are not great...

setting a time to live with this weapon would be insane....it flyes like, 4 times as fast as the cruise and is MUCH more acurate, it can turn on a dime and out maneuver anything you can do...no hiding behind hills from this puppy....it will cream you.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

A2597
posted October 02, 2003 06:57 PM            
oh, and I remember testing this thing...had the weight at 500...

OW...thats actually where the name came from...

I got creamed by these things befire I finished spawning usually...and I really wonder how many times I was fragged by the same missile....heh...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP: