|
Author Topic:   eGames version of Treadmarks...
BamZipPow
posted September 26, 2003 03:05 AM            
Well...since CompUSA had it on sale and was shipping at the time fer a penny, I picked up a few fer Christmas presents.

I decided to open one and install it to see what the differences were. Again...this was just to see what's been changed/updated. Here's what I've found so far:

Installs to the folder of "C:\Program Files\eGames\Treadmarks\Game" So anyone who's asking where to unzip the mods like the tanks/maps/weapons need to be pointed there. They can also make a shortcut to the Treadmarks.exe or the TM.exe from there.

eGames has their own interface that can be annoying or intimidating depending on yer level of expertise. It wants to directly control the start of any of the eGames installed on yer comp. No biggie but the interface does run in the background while you are playing TM. The name of the program running in memory is gbrowser.exe and takes about 13MBs of RAM. If yer short on memory and need to rip something out, this looks like a good start.

Until you register, it will ALWAYS ask you everytime to register.

Everything else seems to be the same from the 1.5/1.6 installs except fer the change of the IP in the config files. All the meshes and textures are all there so any SSO mods should work without a problem.

So I would like to welcome any/all new players to Treadmarks to our family of fun and fragging/racing! Bring it on!

IP:

coaxs
posted September 26, 2003 03:28 AM            
I wonder why you looked in there?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 26, 2003 04:36 AM            
I looked in there because I wanted to make sure that anything we did as a community included the newer players using the eGames version. I didn't want to find out later that the eGames series was totally different than the 1.5/1.6 players. It's just being "heads up" in modding.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 26, 2003 01:39 PM            
Thanks BZP for the info. I reinstalled my TM last night after I had a huge bout of desktop crashes myself! I spent a good while installing a bunch of mods to the TM root folder (yes, I didnt' let it install to the default, but to a folder called TM 1.6 online). When I installed all my mods to the TM root folder, BOY WAS I SURPRISED to see TM one more folder deep.
Out went that install. Installed it again, deleted all the egames stuff, moved up the game one folder level and then applied the mods. All because I didnt' want to install the patch!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 26, 2003 03:02 PM            
Oh...and one more thing.

The eGames series doesn't have a uninstall option like the 1.5/1.6 version do. So if you want to remove it, you'll have to do it the manual way.

I do know it does put stuff in the registry still so if you move it to a different folder after you install and play it the first time I'm not sure what will happen. I think it should be okay but just be on the lookout in case someone does.

IP:

KONG
posted October 04, 2003 02:49 PM            
I just bought the last 3 copies at best buy. for 1.99 each. gonna send them to my nephews.

So I am guessing that BB is not gonna carry it anymore...

------------------
"My style? You could call it the art of fighting without fighting.''

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 05, 2003 12:07 AM            
Wow...that's a shocker! Great job shopping, Kong!

Guess I'll have to sneak by some of the other Best Buy stores and see what's out there...

IP:

rcy
posted November 09, 2003 01:22 AM         
Yes, there is an auto unistall, go to the TM root directory, look for unwise, double click on that and it will wipe out every thing.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 11, 2003 12:57 AM            
*sighs*

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted November 16, 2003 03:26 PM            
I saw it at Comp USA a little while ago. I forget how much it was going for, Maybe $20? $30?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 16, 2003 10:02 PM            
CompUSA has it fer $9.99 in store and online.

IP: