|
Author Topic:   How is it possible to get 101 health...or have I just not been looking at it
posted September 23, 2003 11:30 AM            
Was looking at the Fun DDM pics for One Shot Boomstick at the link below: http://www.hallsted.org/fun-ddms/one-shot-9-21-03/one-shot-fun-ddm-pics.html

And in 2 of them, harmless has 101 health.

How did that happen? Or has it always happened and I never noticed it.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited September 23, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2003 11:47 AM            
rounding error.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 23, 2003 01:15 PM            
It's in the TM manual...

Special key combo to regenerate yer health is...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2003 02:23 PM            
Alt-K

IP:

posted September 23, 2003 03:58 PM            
Killer are you serious about the rounding error. It just seems odd.

You newbie...don't do the Alt K.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2003 04:20 PM            
I'm always serious. Except when I'm not serious, but then I'm serious about not being serious when I'm not serious, so that makes me serious. Seriously.

The damage shown on the display is actually the current health internal value divided by the tank's maximum health internal value. Then the result is multiplied by 100. Pick up a few health powerups and you may end up with a value 100.00000000000001% which gets rounded to 101. But internally, TM has the correct value for health.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited September 23, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 23, 2003 07:02 PM            
I had a similar trick in the old bz days. Id go into a game, say id found a trick to make your ammo unlimited.... they had to hold down CTRL and type BOMB .. thing was CTRL and B Ejected the pilot and blew up the ship, very similar to TM's Alt-k (minus the pilot)........ Funny as hell to see all these guys in spacesuits go flying up into the atmosphere LMAO !!!

IP: