|
Author Topic:   One shot Boomstick is up...as the Fun DDM
posted September 21, 2003 05:42 AM            
Yes, it is up and running. No downloads are need. The maps are stock the weapons are server side only. So enjoy.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

A2597
posted September 21, 2003 07:10 PM            
DRAT DRAT DRAT....
I won't be able to attend...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is one I REALLY wanted to be on... *sigh*

have fun guys...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 21, 2003 08:09 PM            
I don't remember from before. Are the altered tank physics a necessary part of the mod?

Oh yeah. And it was fun. Yada, yada, yada.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 21, 2003).]

IP:

posted September 22, 2003 09:28 AM            
The pics are in: http://www.hallsted.org/fun-ddms/fun-tm-ddm-pics-index.html

Love the quote by player in the last pic, "as much fun as it was to school you ladies I gtg, gg, cu". LOL. That would explain why I felt so airy below the waist. I must have been wearing a skirt.

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2003 02:34 PM            
Disturbingly short shorts is more likely.

Oh, and thanks for responding to my inquiry. You're as attentive as always. At least you're getting your quotes right. :^P

IP:

posted September 22, 2003 04:14 PM            
Well, of the top of my head...which, by the way is getting less and less covered...I would say that there was no change to the tanks. Just the weapons were altered. But I am not sure since I have not checked out the server pack.

So...I don't know. But yes!

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 22, 2003 04:21 PM            
Yes, the tank physics are different in the One Shot pack.

Yes, it is a necessary part of the mod.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited September 22, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2003 04:31 PM            
TY Killer. I should have known since the handling was quite Armageddon-esque.

LOL Devil. The question was if the change was necessary - NOT if the change even existed. Leave it to you to not only ignore my questions but to also ignore major changes in game play. Check the server pack??? You were playing the game!!! Hehe.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 22, 2003).]

IP:

posted September 23, 2003 01:02 AM            
Thanks much for the cool time Killer.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 23, 2003 03:13 AM            
"thanks for a cool time Killer"
I guess that means he liked wearing my skirts
It was fun to play. I started a bit late, but had the pleasure of playing with a few people that morning. TM is always fun

IP:

posted September 23, 2003 09:11 AM            
I have come to realize that having AI's in in a Fun DDM tend to slant the outcome for the person in the lead. In other words, anyone can amass lots of frags is AI tanks are blindly attacking you.

So, to solve the problem on Saturday nite I will take out the AI's so that Sunday when people play the AI problem will not be there.

Well, yea setting the autofill=1 will substitute the AI properly only in the 1st game. For some reason, and AI's will still show up for all the games after the initial one that human players have showed up.

Thus the reason to get rid of them for the Sunday Fun DDM. Sorry Ras and harmless.

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted September 23, 2003 01:27 PM            
LOL. I like how you put it 666. So Devil, if you are not in the lead then you magically have a hard time fragging AI's? And if you are in the lead you all of a sudden frag more AIs? Being in the lead doesn't make AI's an easier kill nor does it cause TM to spawn more AIs next to you. And statistically speaking over three games or more it's extremely unlikely that you had fewer chances at easy frags than anyone else.

Let's say it how it really is: AIs increase frag count. And one shot REALLY increases frag count. Ask whoever ran one shot before. I can guarantee you that frag counts were MUCH higher in a 30 minute one shot game versus a 30 minute stock game. The higher the frag count the more the differences in skill reveal themselves. It's no different than if you doubled game length to 40 minutes. Instead of winning by X the winner would tend to win by 2X. Then you'd post that you've come to realize that having long games in a Fun DDM tends to slant the outcome for the person in the lead. Well OK. Whatever rationalization makes you feel better is fine by me.

The next time you do one shot we'll see if my theory pans out. Based on those pics it may not. There's only one game where the leader wins by 22... some no good anonymous SOB. The other games were won by 6, 3 and 0 - which is nothing unusual. I'm glad the horror of that one game made such an impression as to cause a policy change. See? One man, or player, CAN make a difference. Teehee.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 23, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2003 02:26 PM            
hmmmm. Why do I hear J.R.R. Tolkien at the end of that post?

Hey, lets REALLY drive up them frags! next Fun DDM: ARMAGEDDON!!!!

The more AI's the BETTER!!!!!! }:>

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited September 23, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 23, 2003 02:34 PM            
I don't know. Maybe it was J.R.R.T.'s liberal use of the word "teehee" in his writings?

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 23, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2003 03:24 PM            
are we detecting a pattern here?

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited September 23, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 23, 2003 03:37 PM            
Nope...

IP: