|
Author Topic:   Imperial Armour - Warhammer 40k
wolfman
posted September 15, 2003 02:40 PM            
Hi all
Wondering if anyone has seen a copy of this book - the newest one - just came out this month. Found out that this was where the Baneblade tank came from. I am thinking of getting this Sci Fi type reference book - 280 pages + but I am wanting to here from someone who has seen it. Matrix perhaps. Not available here in the states - have to order direct from UK - which is not a problem but book almost a 100 with shipping and I can't preview it Any "useful" lol feedback welcome. JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 15, 2003 08:03 PM            
Is this the same book?

Imperial Guard Imperial Armour Codex Army Book List: $19.99 Price: $15.99
Imperial Armor II Army Book List: $19.99 Price: $15.99

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited September 15, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 15, 2003 11:09 PM            
Ill have a look in GAMES WORKSHOP for it l8r today.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 16, 2003 06:10 AM            
Thanks BZP - wish it was only 19.99 lol. New issue of book just released - huge compared to the old ones from what I can find out. I spoke with a few shops here in the Orlando area that deal with Warhammer and one stated that they are not too happy that they have been cut out of the loop on the new book. Also, disclaimers or notes whatever abound stating that this book can only be ordered direct (which I am sure is what has the shops here really annoyed). Even the internet sites like amazon, barnes and noble etc and even the gaming sites can't order it. Though it might be available in different stores in the UK - since the company is based out of there - so please do check Matrix I would be most appreciative. I am really hoping it is mostly an info book - i.e. like the tank or weapon encyclopedias one can buy on wwii tanks etc.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 18, 2003 06:17 AM            
Bump

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 18, 2003 09:05 PM            
Warhammer 40,000 book IS in Games Workshop Uk - you CAN buy it from the USA division too. Its quite a thick book considering. The front 20 pages and last 20 or so are in colour and have many good pictures, theres detailed views of about 5 different tanks from ole worldie to futuristic, all tough to model in TM if thats the idea. the rest is about building the boards, arranging the soldiers and the score system.

Hope that helps

IP:

wolfman
posted September 18, 2003 09:59 PM            
So the majority of the book is how to run a game and not a history of the different weapon systems? If so, bummer Was hoping it would be along the lines of the Star Wars Tech series or the B5 Tech stuff. Please let me know either way. Thanks bud JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 19, 2003 08:07 AM            
Its not tech stuff sry... a lot of the book is dedicated to rulesets and has accompanying small black n white illustrations.. the color pics front and back are of painted models.. no tech specs or wireframe diag's im afraid .. sry.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 19, 2003 05:09 PM            
Bummer - thanks for the info - saved me from being extremely aggravated and out a chunk of change - thanks JT

IP: